Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree52Likes

Carcar

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 27 votes, 3.81 average.

Old 02-14-2012, 11:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Volunteers needed.

So here are the positions we need volunteers for our WCICS race:

1. Three (3) Teams of Three (3) Marshals and a Tech Director (TOTAL OF 10 VOLUNTEERS)

I can’t do justice explaining this other than each volunteer will basically help out PRE-teching about 2 races per round. That’s less than 5 minutes of volunteer time per round.

Josh can follow up on this as he saw this first hand in Victoria.

Perks: pitting reserved close to the entrance to the drivers stand!

The Tech Director has a little more to do and will oversee this operation.

2. Someone have a projector they can lend us to use on the weekend? It’s basically going to be connected to the laptop to display whatever is on the laptop to show everyone how the racing is going. We are planning to point it to the wall on the West side of the building.

3. Volunteers to stay behind after the race to help clean up for the Summer Storage of everything. This year, we are going to hand out all the awards and stuff right after the last Main so all the out of towners can get home right away. We would like as many people as possible to stay behind hand help clean up the place, move the drivers stand, roll up the carpet, sweep up, garbage etc. We are going to have some gift certificate and prizes and stuff to draw for among all the helpers that stay behind and help out as a little incentive.

There’s probably more but that’s all I got for now.

Ivan
Old 02-14-2012, 11:34 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by BoneCrusher
Thanks Curtis!... but why aren't you racing?

Ivan
Not this year, want to learn more first.
Old 02-14-2012, 12:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Racing at WCICS will do that, Curtis.
Old 02-14-2012, 12:13 PM
Tech Master

I have a projector.. Its hooked up to my home theater. If in need I can take it down, but if someone has one handy that they use for presentations... Let me know before the race and I can bring it.
Old 02-14-2012, 06:36 PM
Tech Master

lol, funny post, guy excavated his entire basement in Sask using only RC vehicles!

http://carscoop.blogspot.com/2012/02...sing-only.html

Coincidentally, that's the same year I bought my first hobby RC car.

For the tech idea, what they did in Vic worked great. Basically 3 teams of 3, so 9 guys, and they organized the teams based on what classes the guys were running. Given we have say, around 18 heats, it's only 2 races to tech per person; or only about 5-7min of tech table work per 4hr round. Really easy, really light burden, but made a HUGE difference for all the racers that there is always consistent tech, and always someone at the table.

They had the "tech team" pit by the tech table, which at CarCar will be on your way to the drivers stand. So if you can picture what the normal WCICS track/pit layout is, the tech team would be pitted at the NW corner of the pit area. That way once the main rush of cars for tech is over, you can sit back down at your table and if a late-comer needs to be teched, you're 10' away from the tech table and can quickly get him teched and on his way.

Super easy, super quick, and provided the best Tech experience of all the WCICS races.

The catch is that we need enough hands to make it light work. So 9 guys, and preferably a 10th who is the Tech Director for our race, and has the final say on any particular issue should it arise.

In case you're worried you might be given a hard time, tech has gone really smoothly for all the WCICS races. In almost 700 entries so far this season, we've only had 4 guys not pass (weight after race, non-Tamiya drivetrain, etc.) They were almost all in the early rounds, so they only lost an early qualifier.

Really, that's less than 0.5% fail rate, which is incredible!

So it's an easy job, you're helping your fellow racer, and it helps make our race the best!

We've got a couple people in mind for Tech Director, but if you're interested please feel free to PM Ivan or myself.

Josh
Old 02-15-2012, 11:23 AM
Tech Regular

Default Practice?

Is there practice tonight?

What time does it open?
Old 02-17-2012, 11:06 AM
Tech Elite

Default NEED EVERYONE'S HELP!!!

Hey Everyone,

Just found out now that the Horseshoe Club is gonna have a bigger than expected turnout for their tournament this weekend. Therefore, we have to do a complete tear down after racing tonight.

That includes rolling up all the carpet, moving the drivers stand, moving all the pit tables and sweeping the floors up. We can only occupy the last lane against the wall.

Sorry to just put this up now cause I just found out now. We need as many people to help out as possible. May sound like a big job but think about it this way, this is the only tear down this season. Hopefully less than ½ hour of work.

I would be there but I’m currently on my way to Regina.

Thanks for everyone’s cooperation. We’ll do a complete setup next Tuesday night.

Ivan
Old 02-17-2012, 11:17 AM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks for the head's-up Ivan !

OK guys...given the above, we really need as many people to come out tonight as possible and have a fun night of racing and then tear down. The greater number of people that show up to race the more racing we'll get in because it won't take as long to tear down at the end...if only a handful show up we'll have to take longer to tear down and will have less racing!

I should be there around 5:30 ish. See you all tonight!

Cheers,
Mike
Old 02-17-2012, 11:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hyper_Mike
Thanks for the head's-up Ivan !

OK guys...given the above, we really need as many people to come out tonight as possible and have a fun night of racing and then tear down. The greater number of people that show up to race the more racing we'll get in because it won't take as long to tear down at the end...if only a handful show up we'll have to take longer to tear down and will have less racing!

I should be there around 5:30 ish. See you all tonight!

Cheers,
Mike
Mike
I've begged off the Regina race... got a flu comming on. I'll be there tonight to help tear down. I'll bring a motorcycle jack that should help us move the driver stand. See you tonight.

Jim C.
Old 02-17-2012, 12:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks Jim...that will be much appreciated!

In a blatant attempt to bribe as many people to come out tonight as possible given the late notice for the tear-down, the exec (well at least 2 of us ) have decided to offer a free night of racing. The deal will be regular race fees tonight, BUT if you stick around tonight to help tear-down (or even if you just show up to help tear-down at the end of the night) we will take your name down and you will not have to pay for your next nights racing!

Normally the Horseshoe Club is pretty good about giving us advance notice of tear-downs and I'm not sure what happened this time but hopefully this will encourage folks to stick around and help. As Ivan said, with enough people to help it shouldn't take much more than 1/2 hour.

Cheers,
Mike
Old 02-17-2012, 02:08 PM
Tech Rookie

Is it going to be a regular race night tonight or just practice?
Old 02-17-2012, 02:30 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by KungFu
Is it going to be a regular race night tonight or just practice?
Regular race night Mr. King Fu.

Ivan
Old 02-17-2012, 02:40 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by BoneCrusher
Regular race night Mr. King Fu.

Ivan
Thanks, Mr. President!
Old 02-17-2012, 11:49 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Hyper_Mike
Thanks Jim...that will be much appreciated!

In a blatant attempt to bribe as many people to come out tonight as possible given the late notice for the tear-down, the exec (well at least 2 of us ) have decided to offer a free night of racing. The deal will be regular race fees tonight, BUT if you stick around tonight to help tear-down (or even if you just show up to help tear-down at the end of the night) we will take your name down and you will not have to pay for your next nights racing!

Normally the Horseshoe Club is pretty good about giving us advance notice of tear-downs and I'm not sure what happened this time but hopefully this will encourage folks to stick around and help. As Ivan said, with enough people to help it shouldn't take much more than 1/2 hour.

Cheers,
Mike
Thanks to everyone who helped with take down. It is very much appreciated. If we could have the same number of people with setup next week, again that would be double appreciated to ensure that we have racing next Friday.

In addition, I am looking for a new diff for my m06, part number 51008. If someone has one for sale, please let me know as the current one I have is toast.

Thanks,
Gordon
Old 02-18-2012, 06:31 AM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks everyone for a good night of racing. We got through 3 rounds of qualifying and the Mains in record time which allowed us to get everything torn down by about 10:30! Thanks everyone for sticking around and helping...it made the tear-down relatively painless.

As Gordon suggested we will need some assistance to set back up early this coming week if we want the track open for practice on Tuesday and Wednesday. Please watch the thread for information on when we'll try to get things set back up.

Cheers,
Mike

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 27 votes, 3.81 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.