Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree52Likes

Carcar

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 27 votes, 3.81 average.

Old 10-08-2013, 02:42 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I am out of town and won't be able to open tonight, or tomorrow. Sorry all!
Old 10-08-2013, 02:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Jim is out of town, anyone else planning to open up?
Old 10-08-2013, 03:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

Just got word Eddie and Erwin are already at the track
Old 10-08-2013, 08:28 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thanks to Irwin and Ivan for their help tonight at practice. The car is getting better(maybe I just am not hitting as many boards???) and I'm looking forward to Friday.
Old 10-08-2013, 09:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Thank you Colin for the batteries for Chase. He was super excited to me walk in the door with them. Hopefully we can be all ready to go for Friday.
Old 10-08-2013, 10:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

I'll be opening early (2ish) tomorrow, I'm back in town now.

Steve: I'll bring your truer

Jim C.
Old 10-09-2013, 12:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Hey everyone!

I'd like to play around and learn more about setup and was wondering about those little scales that some folks use to measure weight balance and cross-weighting.

Does anybody know where, here in town, I could get my hands on 4 of the little scales?

Barring that, is there anybody that would be willing to lend me their scales for up to a week so I could experiment with them on my cars?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
Mike
Old 10-09-2013, 12:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

I'd advise against the 4-scale method, it's really finicky. All 4 scales have to be perfectly level, any mis-alignment will throw your readings way out. I've had the best luck with these methods:

Left/right balance - Balance pins, or just picking the car up on the center line with a couple pointy tools
Cross-weight - Tweak station
Front/rear balance - 2 scales
Old 10-10-2013, 11:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Friday Night Club Racing!

Club open by 5pm

Registration 6 – 6:20pm.

Racing starts 6:30pm pending no computer issues.

Popular Classes: TC Stock, Tamiya Mini, TC Mod, and even 12th scale last week.

1st class: $10
2nd class: $5

Remember new voted rules are 5 minute qualifiers and mains. If we finish a round before 9:30 pm, we will start another. We should get 3 rounds in no problem and maybe 4 if we are good with everyone being ready to corner marshal after their race and the winner of the race runs the computer. If you have trouble, ask me for help.

For the guys into the point’s series, we start this tomorrow! There is a fall series (October to December) and a winter series (January to March). 2 drops per series. We are looking at prizes this year.

Other tidbits:

- Tomorrow is the last day of accepting Memberships before we start charging for Practice Nights ($5) and Race Nights ($5 more for each class) and also remove (stack back on wall) any table that doesn’t belong to a member. $70 per person or $100 for family.

- if you can’t make it to registration, either get a friend to registered for you or text Walter to put you into the computer. Otherwise, you’ll be put into the second round.

- make sure you return your borrowed transponders

- please keep the washrooms somewhat cleaner especially not chucking your hand towel on the floor behind the door.

- anyone got extra carpet for traction compound run off? Small pieces will do. 2 feet by 2 feet?

- anyone works near an industrial garbage can? If you can take some of the garbage against pit signs 7 and 8 that would be great. More space for Pit tables.

See everyone tomorrow!

Ivan
Old 10-11-2013, 11:19 AM
Tech Master

Anyone there opening early?
Old 10-11-2013, 12:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

I'll be opening early today, should be there by 3.

Jim C.
Old 10-12-2013, 09:25 AM
Tech Addict

Touring Mod A-main is uploading, great race to watch!

And for you Carter and Chuck, the Stock C-main. I will upload the Stock A-main and B-main, however not Mini or 12 scale as I didn't have enough space on my sd-card. Will be better prepared in the future.

Always remember to share the videos with your friends!

Enjoy
Old 10-12-2013, 01:00 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

So it sounds like you guys are getting a few 1/12 scales out for club racing, what is everyone running for motors? is it still 1 cell batteries as well?

thanks
Old 10-12-2013, 01:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

1 cell 13.5 blinky.
Old 10-12-2013, 08:50 PM
Tech Elite

Another Fun Night of Racing!!!

Great to see some new drivers (Jon Rullan), out of town drivers (Ray and Deena from Red Deer), returning drivers (Dave Elia), and a driver that’s come back to onroad (Gary Fliegel). Awesome!

We had 44 entries in 4 classes of Mini, 12th Stoch, Stock TC and Mod TC.

In Mini, we had Walter take it, followed by Tim, Matt, Dave, Jon, and Chuck. Gordon had some troubles unfortunately and couldn’t start.

In 12th Stock, Pete took it over a very completive field, followed by Al, Ken and Jim who were almost all within a lap of the leader. Darren didn’t start.

In TC Stock C Main, Gordon took it pretty handily was what a show between Chuck and Carter. Unfortunately, Dave had troubles and couldn’t start and Darren, Ray and Deena had to head home early.

In TC Stock B Main Bernie drove consistent and edged out a faster Ken, followed by Blaine who overcame an early punt, followed by Cal, Timbulb, Walter and Ian.

In TC Stock A Main, Steve maintained his winning ways and of course won. Ivan had the lead for a bit but choked. Matt followed and is getting only faster, followed by a tight battle for 4th won by Erwin, then Stu, and Al. Eddy was on a Sunday drive.

In TC Mod B Main, Eddy won after stalking Bernie for more than half the race, followed by Cal who overcame a crappy car all night, then Bernie who made a big mistake to fall third, then Carter who’s doing quite well and Gary who had an early breakage. Fun race to watch.

In TC Mod A Main, Steve edged out Pete only by a few seconds as they battled back and forth all race. Followed by Jim who had his own battle with Ivan (fast lap of the night btw) all race and edged him on the last lap. Erwin and Tommy followed. Looking forward to watching this race on video!

Other tidbits:

- We need to work harder to get the winner of the last race to run the computer and corner marshals out ASAP for the next race. We finished the 2nd round qualifier at 9:20pm so I kinda took over the mic and was kinda pushing things so we got out before 11:30pm. I don’t mind running the computer but it’s better if everyone helps out. I would like to do more work to my cars this season than sauce, charge and drive them.

- We will start charging for Practice Nights ($5) and Race Nights ($5 more for each class) and also remove (stack back on wall) any table that doesn’t belong to a member. You can still get your membership for $70 per person or $100 for family.

- make sure you return your borrowed transponders

- anyone got extra carpet for traction compound run off? Small pieces will do. 2 feet by 2 feet?

- Next week will be practice nights as usually Tuesday and Wednesday but there will be NO FRIDAY NIGHT RACING as the Edmonton WCICS is on that weekend. We may have practice night instead pending we can find a Practice Marshal for Friday. Any volunteers?

Happy Thanksgiving and see everyone next week!

Ivan

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 27 votes, 3.81 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.