Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree52Likes

Carcar

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 27 votes, 3.81 average.

Old 09-02-2014, 12:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GoliathOpponent
I am going to be upgrading my Reedy/Viper motors for 12th, WGT, and TC (due to them not being ROAR approved any longer) and was wondering whether to get RPM or torque-based motors for the three classes based on the layouts we usually run at CARCAR. Currently I am thinking along the lines of the Revtech Killshot (maybe the D4).

Please PM me if you do not want to clog up the club thread, although others may be interested. Thank you for your opinions.

P.S. Can we use the older (no longer approved) motors for club racing? Sorry if this was discussed at the AGM as work intervened.
I've been running off-road all summer and maybe the nitro fumes are starting to affect my brain function... has ROAR pulled sanctioning for previously approved motors? I just looked at their approved motor list on-line and they have both the original Reedy Sonic and Mach 2 series listed (all winds, mod and stock by part number) as well as the Viper VST motors. What am I missing?
Old 09-02-2014, 02:53 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rc pete
I've been running off-road all summer and maybe the nitro fumes are starting to affect my brain function... has ROAR pulled sanctioning for previously approved motors? I just looked at their approved motor list on-line and they have both the original Reedy Sonic and Mach 2 series listed (all winds, mod and stock by part number) as well as the Viper VST motors. What am I missing?
Sorry, my mistake, Pete. I had heard in other posts that the ROAR approvals going forward were based on the ROAR forum section, not the approval list. I gather this is not the case (see clarification link below). What confused me was that some of the motors in the forum are on the list and others are not. I thought it safer to buy from those listed in the forum since it was probably more up-to-date.

However, my Reedy Sonic 10.5 is not in either (I thought I heard that some 10.5 approvals had been pulled) and my 17.5 is near death so I am looking for new motors for those at least.

Thank you, Steve and Shawn, for responding with motor advice.

Links I am working from:
forum: http://roarracing.org/4rmb/forumdisp...tor-Approvals&
approval list: http://www.roarracing.com/approvals/...lessmotors.php
clarification: http://roarracing.org/4rmb/showthrea...-of-the-forum&

Regards (and sorry for the confusion),

Last edited by GoliathOpponent; 09-02-2014 at 03:04 PM. Reason: Added thank you.
Old 09-02-2014, 05:18 PM
Tech Master

The Reedy 10.5 Mach2 is not on the ROAR list and never was. Pete, the Trinity D3.5 17.5,13.5 and 10.5 were pulled off the list. Roar is not approving any 10.5s at the moment and I think will hurt WGT this year at WCICS events

I will have to check on the Vipers. Roar has made it soooo confusing to tech. 2 different websites and then lump some motors together and have other on different parts of the list. It's a nightmare to find some certain motors.
Old 09-03-2014, 09:08 AM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Madulla
The Reedy 10.5 Mach2 is not on the ROAR list and never was. Pete, the Trinity D3.5 17.5,13.5 and 10.5 were pulled off the list. Roar is not approving any 10.5s at the moment and I think will hurt WGT this year at WCICS events

I will have to check on the Vipers. Roar has made it soooo confusing to tech. 2 different websites and then lump some motors together and have other on different parts of the list. It's a nightmare to find some certain motors.
I spoke to Rick Howart about this matter a few weeks ago when you brought it up on the WCICS thread. He stated that most manufactures are not submitting current designs to ROAR for 10.5's because ROAR does not offer a 10.5 onroad class at the time, so from their POV it's not on the "to do list" However they do still send them off to the BRCA ( UK ) as they have a national 10.5 class and they use their own rule set ( Not depending on ROAR ) The Reedy 10.5 M2 is legal there and is also built to ROAR Spec. I explained to him that We use ROAR approval and as the original M1's ( ROAR Legal ) are now getting old it would be nice if the M2's could be approved. Based on our conversations and the fact that AE & Reedy care about our WCICS series and our rule set he is preparing samples to send into ROAR to have them approved ASAP for WCICS.

Going forward I think there are plenty of 10.5 motors on the list that it should get us through this season and then we can address a solution ( if needed ) for next season.

Hope this helps.
Old 09-03-2014, 09:20 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Good info, thanks for clearing that up Korgae.
Old 09-03-2014, 11:28 AM
Tech Master

Wow Korgee. That clears up a lot. I was wondering why there is a "hole" on this list where the 10.5 motors are.

Sounds like AE/Reedy is giving the Western Canadian racers great support.
Old 09-03-2014, 12:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

So, since ROAR doesn't have a position on 10.5's does that mean we can still run our D3.5's and be within our "ROAR-like" rules for WCICS? Or have we banned all D3.5's?
Old 09-03-2014, 12:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

I'm looking to buy a 17.5 for TC Stock and a 21.5 for F1.
Could someone simplify it for me please and just tell me the fastest, legal motor for each of those classes.
Old 09-03-2014, 12:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by pcar951
So, since ROAR doesn't have a position on 10.5's does that mean we can still run our D3.5's and be within our "ROAR-like" rules for WCICS? Or have we banned all D3.5's?
ROAR has a bunch of approved 10.5 motors. I don't see why we would change our rules to deviate from the list just because manufacturers aren't bothering to submit new motors. That would be opening up a whole can of worms.

Stu, I'll be running last year's Killshot in 17.5, and the $32 Turnigy in F1. I haven't tested any newer ones, but there seems to be a lot of buzz about the R1 spec motors. The D4 is probably a good bet as well.
Old 09-03-2014, 01:27 PM
Tech Master

Just remember this talk is about WCICS events. For club racing it is a different story. For club try to follow ATS rules. No one is going to tech you for a club race. But, if you are going to a WCICS race this season just be aware of the changes for WGT, TC and 12 stock
Also the D3.5 is legal for CTA and F1 at WCICS.
Old 09-03-2014, 05:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Steve S

Stu, I'll be running last year's Killshot in 17.5, and the $32 Turnigy in F1. I haven't tested any newer ones, but there seems to be a lot of buzz about the R1 spec motors. The D4 is probably a good bet as well.
Thanks Steve
My Killshot has some damage where the sensor wire plugs in, but maybe it can be repaired.
Good to hear the Turnigy is good enough to race with, especially at that price
Old 09-03-2014, 09:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stulec52
My Killshot has some damage where the sensor wire plugs in, but maybe it can be repaired.
No need. Use puddy or that sticky tac stuff. Mines held together since the beginning of last season from a hard t-bone. Gotta make due when I only have 1 motor.

Ivan

ps. puddy also works in offroad to hold those needle things in place when the o-rings fail in the engine thingy that do the tuning thing.
Old 09-03-2014, 09:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by BoneCrusher
No need. Use puddy or that sticky tac stuff. Mines held together since the beginning of last season from a hard t-bone. Gotta make due when I only have 1 motor.

Ivan

ps. puddy also works in offroad to hold those needle things in place when the o-rings fail in the engine thingy that do the tuning thing.
All this technical jargon is making my head hurt.
Old 09-04-2014, 12:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I don't know who's in charge of making the brochures for the club but we can use some here at PM. Thanks.
Old 09-04-2014, 08:14 PM
mfd
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Any word on a club buy this year?

Aaron

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 27 votes, 3.81 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.