Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2012, 08:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 144 (100%+)

Oh and with just a box setup up the car is awesome! Rotates amazingly
Old 09-22-2012, 09:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Will the Xray springs work on the TCX or TCXX? Just asking....
Old 09-22-2012, 09:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bvoltz
I don't see why they wouldn't , hotbodies springs work on xrays.
Old 09-23-2012, 04:29 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Nolan P,

Looks like you have all new cars, Tamiya 417x, Yokomo BD7 and TCXX, what is overall opinion I have a Tamiya but the diff leaking makes me always thinking on changing to oth brand, thanks.
Old 09-23-2012, 06:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Nuno Gancho
Nolan P,

Looks like you have all new cars, Tamiya 417x, Yokomo BD7 and TCXX, what is overall opinion I have a Tamiya but the diff leaking makes me always thinking on changing to oth brand, thanks.
The only one on the list I don't have is the Tamiya. I gave up on getting my TCXX ready for this weekend. I should have it ready to go for next week. The BD7 is awesome but be ready to carry 400-500 bucks of extras on you at all times. Hot bodies support at least it's carried by a local shop or two. And as it progresses it will earn a spot on their shelves.

Shoot me a PM as I think both will be great but I can give you a better review next weekend.
Old 09-23-2012, 06:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dusttt
I figured it out two options

1. http://www.hotbodiesonline.com/piw.p...=68770&lang=en

2. http://www.hotbodiesonline.com/piw.p...n&partNo=68769

I'm going with steel and am fairly sure Fred had them on his car today
Dusttt nice to meet ya yesterday. I didn't realize you were a local so when you came up to me it took me a second to connect the dots on who I was speaking with. I promise I thought about getting you that part number all day but just never had the time to go get me laptop to look it up. But I WILL look it up this morning and get it to you and Nolan.

Originally Posted by NolanP
Not to be hating but it was the same part number on both.

Fred whats the part number to the steel outdrives that will work the the dcj's?
Nolan I don't remember the part number by memory but I am going to find it this morning and get it to you.

Originally Posted by bvoltz
Not sure but honestly the HPI springs are much better! Just look at the fact that factory Tamiya and Yokomo drivers use our springs consistently and not XRAY springs.
Old 09-23-2012, 09:25 AM
Tech Adept

Hi from the U.K first post on here, so here goes I imported the tcxx obviously over here it's slow getting stuff. Now I ran mine Friday night very nice indeed as posted earlier rotates very well sometimes too well! But new out of box that's expected nothing perfect.

My issue is I was running steel out drives on spool 1.5 degree camber my front shafts popped out no accidents same corner every time ( hard braking left turn) right shaft comes out. I have checked setup, build everything several times but as per manual and fine! If I compress my shocks fully the drive shaft pin is hanging out the cup!!! I have emailed hb USA lets see what they say.
If others could check when they have a moment spare or whilst building other experiences would be great.am I regretting not getting the bd now?? Although simple fault!? Research should have been done.

Jamie
Old 09-23-2012, 10:08 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Dusttt
DCJ 67699 wont fit my car. They wont go in plastic outdrives, dont fit in purple retainer and wont go in metal outdrives either. The pin is much bigger than stock. It looks like we will need 61087 from the TCX in order to run them.
The optional drive cups that you can use with DCJ's are:

68769 Steel Solid Axle Long Cup

68770 POM Solid Axle Long Cup
Old 09-23-2012, 10:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Off topic (sort of): why is the HB Subaru Impreza C not more popular?
Old 09-23-2012, 12:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 144 (100%+)

[QUOTE=Fred Hubbard;11243224]Dusttt nice to meet ya yesterday. I didn't realize you were a local so when you came up to me it took me a second to connect the dots on who I was speaking with. I promise I thought about getting you that part number all day but just never had the time to go get me laptop to look it up. But I WILL look it up this morning and get it to you and Nolan.

Thanks! Nice to meet you too man.
Old 09-23-2012, 12:30 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Jampot
Hi from the U.K first post on here, so here goes I imported the tcxx obviously over here it's slow getting stuff. Now I ran mine Friday night very nice indeed as posted earlier rotates very well sometimes too well! But new out of box that's expected nothing perfect.

My issue is I was running steel out drives on spool 1.5 degree camber my front shafts popped out no accidents same corner every time ( hard braking left turn) right shaft comes out. I have checked setup, build everything several times but as per manual and fine! If I compress my shocks fully the drive shaft pin is hanging out the cup!!! I have emailed hb USA lets see what they say.
If others could check when they have a moment spare or whilst building other experiences would be great.am I regretting not getting the bd now?? Although simple fault!? Research should have been done.

Jamie
Well you have the car before the UK HPI team, so I guess we'll be coming to you for any unresolved problems.
I have to say it sounds like you're running the 44mm shaft with the short steel spool outdrives, which would be your mistake and not a HB/HPI one.
Old 09-23-2012, 12:36 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Fred Hubbard
The optional drive cups that you can use with DCJ's are:

68769 Steel Solid Axle Long Cup

68770 POM Solid Axle Long Cup
Fred Thanks as always for getting me the part number. Nice to see you were in 5th the other day at some race. It had Howart up top but hope to see that remain.

This car just from feeling the chassis feels like it will be a monster on carpet.
Old 09-23-2012, 12:49 PM
Tech Elite

Fred Thanks as always for getting me the part number. Nice to see you were in 5th the other day at some race. It had Howart up top but hope to see that remain.

This car just from feeling the chassis feels like it will be a monster on carpet.
You're welcome Nolan. Yeah not too bad after only having about 9 minutes of track time with it on asphalt for the 1st time. I was able to finish out front in my Q1 putting me 3rd going into the Q2. I made couple of changes and the car felt really good in warmup for Q2 but I stripped a rear belt and was relegated to 4th overall going into the main. My plan was to get a good start and get by 3rd fast enough to stay close to Rick and Barry which I did but hammered 3 different times by other cars thus ending my run. But I am extremly happy with the potential!! We were still able to secure a podium spot with Hiro finishing in 3rd (Nice work Hiro-San!). Attached is my setup.
Attached Files
Old 09-23-2012, 01:02 PM
Tech Elite

Fred--my kit was missing 68831 a washer for the gear diff I can't find one anywhere to purchase so I can get this kit up and running. Who should I contact?
Old 09-23-2012, 01:05 PM
Tech Elite

Fred--my kit was missing 68831 a washer for the gear diff I can't find one anywhere to purchase so I can get this kit up and running. Who should I contact?
New customer service hours to better serve you!

Monday - Thursday:7:30AM - 5:15PM PST
Friday:7:30AM - 4:15PM PST
Five days a week, every week!

Customer Service Toll Free: 1-888-349-4474
Direct: 1-949-753-1099

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.