Like Tree5Likes

Hot Bodies TCXX

Old 09-22-2012, 08:54 PM
  #196  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (128)
 
Dusttt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Lake Forest
Posts: 2,370
Trader Rating: 128 (100%+)
Default

Oh and with just a box setup up the car is awesome! Rotates amazingly
Dusttt is offline  
Old 09-22-2012, 09:23 PM
  #197  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (44)
 
bvoltz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Bedtime with Teddi
Posts: 3,635
Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default

Will the Xray springs work on the TCX or TCXX? Just asking....
bvoltz is offline  
Old 09-22-2012, 09:44 PM
  #198  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (24)
 
303slowdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Rapid City SD.
Posts: 2,299
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by bvoltz View Post
Will the Xray springs work on the TCX or TCXX? Just asking....
I don't see why they wouldn't , hotbodies springs work on xrays.
303slowdown is offline  
Old 09-23-2012, 04:29 AM
  #199  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
Nuno Gancho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 410
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Nolan P,

Looks like you have all new cars, Tamiya 417x, Yokomo BD7 and TCXX, what is overall opinion I have a Tamiya but the diff leaking makes me always thinking on changing to oth brand, thanks.
Nuno Gancho is offline  
Old 09-23-2012, 06:08 AM
  #200  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (8)
 
NolanP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Westmont
Posts: 2,433
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Nuno Gancho View Post
Nolan P,

Looks like you have all new cars, Tamiya 417x, Yokomo BD7 and TCXX, what is overall opinion I have a Tamiya but the diff leaking makes me always thinking on changing to oth brand, thanks.
The only one on the list I don't have is the Tamiya. I gave up on getting my TCXX ready for this weekend. I should have it ready to go for next week. The BD7 is awesome but be ready to carry 400-500 bucks of extras on you at all times. Hot bodies support at least it's carried by a local shop or two. And as it progresses it will earn a spot on their shelves.

Shoot me a PM as I think both will be great but I can give you a better review next weekend.
NolanP is offline  
Old 09-23-2012, 06:46 AM
  #201  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (6)
 
Fred Hubbard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Inglewood, CA
Posts: 2,721
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Dusttt View Post
I figured it out two options

1. http://www.hotbodiesonline.com/piw.p...=68770&lang=en

2. http://www.hotbodiesonline.com/piw.p...n&partNo=68769

I'm going with steel and am fairly sure Fred had them on his car today
Dusttt nice to meet ya yesterday. I didn't realize you were a local so when you came up to me it took me a second to connect the dots on who I was speaking with. I promise I thought about getting you that part number all day but just never had the time to go get me laptop to look it up. But I WILL look it up this morning and get it to you and Nolan.

Originally Posted by NolanP View Post
Not to be hating but it was the same part number on both.

Fred whats the part number to the steel outdrives that will work the the dcj's?
Nolan I don't remember the part number by memory but I am going to find it this morning and get it to you.

Originally Posted by bvoltz View Post
Will the Xray springs work on the TCX or TCXX? Just asking....
Not sure but honestly the HPI springs are much better! Just look at the fact that factory Tamiya and Yokomo drivers use our springs consistently and not XRAY springs.
Fred Hubbard is offline  
Old 09-23-2012, 09:25 AM
  #202  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 183
Default

Hi from the U.K first post on here, so here goes I imported the tcxx obviously over here it's slow getting stuff. Now I ran mine Friday night very nice indeed as posted earlier rotates very well sometimes too well! But new out of box that's expected nothing perfect.

My issue is I was running steel out drives on spool 1.5 degree camber my front shafts popped out no accidents same corner every time ( hard braking left turn) right shaft comes out. I have checked setup, build everything several times but as per manual and fine! If I compress my shocks fully the drive shaft pin is hanging out the cup!!! I have emailed hb USA lets see what they say.
If others could check when they have a moment spare or whilst building other experiences would be great.am I regretting not getting the bd now?? Although simple fault!? Research should have been done.

Jamie
Jampot is offline  
Old 09-23-2012, 10:08 AM
  #203  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (6)
 
Fred Hubbard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Inglewood, CA
Posts: 2,721
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Dusttt View Post
DCJ 67699 wont fit my car. They wont go in plastic outdrives, dont fit in purple retainer and wont go in metal outdrives either. The pin is much bigger than stock. It looks like we will need 61087 from the TCX in order to run them.
The optional drive cups that you can use with DCJ's are:

68769 Steel Solid Axle Long Cup

68770 POM Solid Axle Long Cup
Fred Hubbard is offline  
Old 09-23-2012, 10:26 AM
  #204  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (22)
 
CraigMBA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Valley of the Dirt, CA
Posts: 2,832
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

Off topic (sort of): why is the HB Subaru Impreza C not more popular?
CraigMBA is offline  
Old 09-23-2012, 12:09 PM
  #205  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (128)
 
Dusttt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Lake Forest
Posts: 2,370
Trader Rating: 128 (100%+)
Default

[QUOTE=Fred Hubbard;11243224]Dusttt nice to meet ya yesterday. I didn't realize you were a local so when you came up to me it took me a second to connect the dots on who I was speaking with. I promise I thought about getting you that part number all day but just never had the time to go get me laptop to look it up. But I WILL look it up this morning and get it to you and Nolan.



Thanks! Nice to meet you too man.
Dusttt is offline  
Old 09-23-2012, 12:30 PM
  #206  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: UK
Posts: 437
Default

Originally Posted by Jampot View Post
Hi from the U.K first post on here, so here goes I imported the tcxx obviously over here it's slow getting stuff. Now I ran mine Friday night very nice indeed as posted earlier rotates very well sometimes too well! But new out of box that's expected nothing perfect.

My issue is I was running steel out drives on spool 1.5 degree camber my front shafts popped out no accidents same corner every time ( hard braking left turn) right shaft comes out. I have checked setup, build everything several times but as per manual and fine! If I compress my shocks fully the drive shaft pin is hanging out the cup!!! I have emailed hb USA lets see what they say.
If others could check when they have a moment spare or whilst building other experiences would be great.am I regretting not getting the bd now?? Although simple fault!? Research should have been done.

Jamie
Well you have the car before the UK HPI team, so I guess we'll be coming to you for any unresolved problems.
I have to say it sounds like you're running the 44mm shaft with the short steel spool outdrives, which would be your mistake and not a HB/HPI one.
cyclonetog is offline  
Old 09-23-2012, 12:36 PM
  #207  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (8)
 
NolanP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Westmont
Posts: 2,433
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Fred Hubbard View Post
The optional drive cups that you can use with DCJ's are:

68769 Steel Solid Axle Long Cup

68770 POM Solid Axle Long Cup
Fred Thanks as always for getting me the part number. Nice to see you were in 5th the other day at some race. It had Howart up top but hope to see that remain.

This car just from feeling the chassis feels like it will be a monster on carpet.
NolanP is offline  
Old 09-23-2012, 12:49 PM
  #208  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (6)
 
Fred Hubbard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Inglewood, CA
Posts: 2,721
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by NolanP View Post
Fred Thanks as always for getting me the part number. Nice to see you were in 5th the other day at some race. It had Howart up top but hope to see that remain.

This car just from feeling the chassis feels like it will be a monster on carpet.
You're welcome Nolan. Yeah not too bad after only having about 9 minutes of track time with it on asphalt for the 1st time. I was able to finish out front in my Q1 putting me 3rd going into the Q2. I made couple of changes and the car felt really good in warmup for Q2 but I stripped a rear belt and was relegated to 4th overall going into the main. My plan was to get a good start and get by 3rd fast enough to stay close to Rick and Barry which I did but hammered 3 different times by other cars thus ending my run. But I am extremly happy with the potential!! We were still able to secure a podium spot with Hiro finishing in 3rd (Nice work Hiro-San!). Attached is my setup.
Attached Files
Fred Hubbard is offline  
Old 09-23-2012, 01:02 PM
  #209  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (8)
 
NolanP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Westmont
Posts: 2,433
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Fred--my kit was missing 68831 a washer for the gear diff I can't find one anywhere to purchase so I can get this kit up and running. Who should I contact?
NolanP is offline  
Old 09-23-2012, 01:05 PM
  #210  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (6)
 
Fred Hubbard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Inglewood, CA
Posts: 2,721
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by NolanP View Post
Fred--my kit was missing 68831 a washer for the gear diff I can't find one anywhere to purchase so I can get this kit up and running. Who should I contact?
New customer service hours to better serve you!

Monday - Thursday:7:30AM - 5:15PM PST
Friday:7:30AM - 4:15PM PST
Five days a week, every week!

Customer Service Toll Free: 1-888-349-4474
Direct: 1-949-753-1099
Fred Hubbard is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.