Like Tree288Likes

Tamiya mini cooper

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2009, 06:54 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hanzo3
Does the stock ESC support lipo cutoff?
That depends which stock ESC you're talking about. Tamiya has discontinued the old reliable TEU-101BK, which did not, but it's still out there in thousands of kits on store shelves. New kits are being supplied with the TEU-104BK, which does have a cutoff built in to it.

Jim
Old 12-01-2009, 07:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default k

Originally Posted by Skitee
You'll just need to check something, the swb M-03 kits use 1150 bearings in the uprights as did the older lwb M-03L kit but the 2006 cooper lwb kit uses 1050 bearings in the uprights.
K thanks everyone for the help, just not alot of parts available through our distributor, so with some things have to search around a little, especially if we need something quick!!!
Old 12-01-2009, 10:35 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default Pics

Originally Posted by jcr
any chance you got a picture of it? Want to see how much you need to cut out? Or what tires do people use with the old mini body (for TCS)?
Sorry, I am leaving for a week away this morning. He does look occasionally on the forum so I will ring him and see if he will post .

Terry
Old 12-01-2009, 11:25 AM
jcr
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Team Ash
Sorry, I am leaving for a week away this morning. He does look occasionally on the forum so I will ring him and see if he will post .

Terry
Ok thanks! If anyone else got a picture of the shortwheel base Mini with 60D tires, please post a picture so I can see how much of the body needs to be cut away or if I need to set it to a higher setting on the body post.
Old 12-01-2009, 11:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racerb
K thanks everyone for the help, just not alot of parts available through our distributor, so with some things have to search around a little, especially if we need something quick!!!
if your local hobby store deals with Great Planes then whatever Towerhobbies carry you lhs can order as well. Or your lhs can order from Borgfeldt (Located in Toronto) they usually have everything before Towerhobbies.
Old 12-01-2009, 11:50 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by jcr
Ok thanks! If anyone else got a picture of the shortwheel base Mini with 60D tires, please post a picture so I can see how much of the body needs to be cut away or if I need to set it to a higher setting on the body post.
You can raise the body or drive the car at the desired height. After a few runs, check to see where the tires are rubbing and use a Dremel to shave off the wheel arches. This procedure always worked well for me.
Old 12-01-2009, 12:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

Does anyone know what bodies fit the Xevo conversion kit? I have an M04L that I'm going to sacrifice to make into a Xevo, and I don't like the BMW Mini bodies. What else has a long enough nose to clear the motor? Suzuki Swift is what I'm leaning towards, but could the 225mm Alfa Giulia fit? How about non-Tamiya bodies?
Old 12-01-2009, 01:13 PM
jcr
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by gtfour93
You can raise the body or drive the car at the desired height. After a few runs, check to see where the tires are rubbing and use a Dremel to shave off the wheel arches. This procedure always worked well for me.
well trying to figure out if I need to dremel a lot of the wheel arches out.... or should I just go with another body.
Old 12-01-2009, 01:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Gaz, it's loooong nose and somewhat tall as well.

From what we've seen very few shells will fit. The Swift is possibly your best bet. And I reckon forget the Alfa, just not enough room out front on that one.

Anything that fits needs a LOT of room forward of the front wheels. Even the BMW Mini is really tight.
Old 12-01-2009, 02:16 PM
Tech Regular

Here is something to think about....
If tamiya is making M05s with rear wheels drive bodys whos to say that one can't run a BMW Z-3 with big tires on a M05??
or a Miata.
this new car has me wondering about the rules for the TCS racing
cause I would like to get the S800 on a M05.
but don't want to buy it if I can't race the body on it
because in the rules proper body for chassis FWD and Rwd
sorry just think before there is a big stink at a event.
Old 12-01-2009, 02:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by tony gray
Gaz, it's loooong nose and somewhat tall as well.

From what we've seen very few shells will fit. The Swift is possibly your best bet. And I reckon forget the Alfa, just not enough room out front on that one.

Anything that fits needs a LOT of room forward of the front wheels. Even the BMW Mini is really tight.
Ahh crap, just what I was afraid of. I'll probs stick with the Swift, but as I type this, I'm having a brainwave....how about having TL01 wishbones, upper links, driveshafts, maybe longer shocks....and bingo, new FWD touring car? Only 237mm wheelbase, but HPI's Citroen Saxo and Peugeot 106 woudl fit!

Hmmmm, ideas formulating... nah, sod it, I'll leave it a Mini (Swift).

Cheers Tony.
Old 12-01-2009, 02:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default ..

Originally Posted by portyansky
if your local hobby store deals with Great Planes then whatever Towerhobbies carry you lhs can order as well. Or your lhs can order from Borgfeldt (Located in Toronto) they usually have everything before Towerhobbies.
no mine deals with horizon.... and they are usually out of most useful parts... I have had them bring in 5 minis in the last month and there is only one left, but now guy's are wanting hop-ups and such and seems like all the kool stuff,(up-rights and what-not.... Horizon seems to have on back order) oh well.....
Old 12-01-2009, 02:54 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by jcr
well trying to figure out if I need to dremel a lot of the wheel arches out.... or should I just go with another body.
If you are not racing in TCS, try the ABC Hobby Toyota Sports 800 (210mm). I just built one for a friend and there are lots of room for 60D tires.
Old 12-01-2009, 06:42 PM
jcr
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by gtfour93
If you are not racing in TCS, try the ABC Hobby Toyota Sports 800 (210mm). I just built one for a friend and there are lots of room for 60D tires.
i would like to do the TCS that's why I'm considering the mini body....Tamiya doesn't make any other short wheelbase bodies...
Old 12-01-2009, 11:35 PM
Tech Elite

You guys are just pulling everyones leg right???? You can't be serious about the Rover Mini body not fitting with 60D tires. Admittedly tight if using the 2 degree rears, but raising the front slightly takes care of that. Lots of SWB Minis at every TCS race I've been to and no one had to hack on their bodies.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.