Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree818Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2007, 12:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

By the way, I would also like to thank Fred and crew ( including Larrio) for a great weekend. I have been racing at TA since it opened in 94. Although I qualified 6th this weekend, a good finish was not in the cards. Still an honor to make the show though. Congrats to all the winners, good luck in Japan!. Also thanks to Marty, Doc Hickman, Dave Weir and Don Passehl for all the help throughout speedweeks. Got to get on the plane now, headin' back to the Motor City.
Palmer out!!!!!
Old 08-27-2007, 01:11 PM
Tech Adept

haha... there are many things in the world that can or cannot happen due to unforeseen circumstances. (Such as a comet screaming straight towards Earth right now!) So yes, I can believe it .... or NOT. It was fun meeting everyone but definitely tiring. We used to run the TCS Nationals with 10 people (4 people in tech alone), now we only have 3 people total. I did my best to remember everyone's name as they came through the tech area. Thanks to Alex and Tom Kahl helping out in post tech, Doug Papka for announcing, and the entire SIR crew for cleaning up and stacking up all the chairs on that side of the pits.

I have too many pictures to share but feel free to check them out on the web when they are finished uploading (hopefully by tomorrow).

Concourse winners: please email me for hi-res pictures of your vehicle

Sirswiftalot aka Brandon: 3rd pic is for you, as promised.
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya Championship Series-f103gt.jpg   Tamiya Championship Series-kcole.jpg   Tamiya Championship Series-brandon.jpg   Tamiya Championship Series-img_0041.jpg  

Last edited by larrio; 08-27-2007 at 04:01 PM.
Old 08-27-2007, 01:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by larrio
haha... there are many things in the world that can or cannot happen due to unforeseen circumstances. (Such as a comet screaming straight towards Earth right now!) So yes, I can believe it .... or NOT. It was fun meeting everyone but definitely tiring. We used to run the TCS Nationals with 10 people (4 people in tech alone), now we only have 3 people total. I did my best to remember everyone's name as they came through the tech area. Thanks to Alex and Tom Kahl helping out in post tech, Doug Papka for announcing, and the entire SIR crew for cleaning up and stacking up all the chairs on that side of the pits.

I have too many pictures to share but feel free to check them out on the web when they are finished uploading (hopefully by tomorrow).

Concourse winners: please email me for hi-res pictures of your vehicle

Sirswiftalot aka Brandon: 3rd pic is for you, as promised.
Just PM'ed you my e-mail address. Thanks !
Old 08-27-2007, 02:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

NATS was another great event. A big thanks to the entire Tamiya crew and congrats to all the winners. I'd like to say a specific thanks to Dan Garber for his help this weekend and to Chris and Arnel for teching my car. Looking forward to the next one.
Old 08-27-2007, 04:34 PM
Tech Addict

Talking

Man what a great week!! I'm exhausted! I talked to Juan all the way home and the battery on my cell overheated Big thanks to Fred and the rest of the Tamiya crew for putting on this great event. You guys work so hard and it really shows TCS rocks!!! The racing was great and the racers are awesome... secretive but awesome I've met so many folks this weekend that I've only typed to online, it was nice to put a face to the font.

Of course I couldn't win all by myself so here's a list of the people who really helped me along the way

Walter for being a real buddy
Eman for the pit work
Bill for the skins
Jason C for all the bits and pieces it takes to get a car running
Jose for the wing
Deven for the motor pimpology101
My weekly club race crew for keeping me on my toes every weekend
And everyone else for the moral support
And of course TamiyaUSA for sending me to Japan!!! We have another strong crew this year. I'm looking forward to bringing them some of the California carnage

PS - I'm really looking forward to getting waxed next year

Last edited by Big Rigg; 08-27-2007 at 07:38 PM.
Old 08-27-2007, 04:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Congrats Big Rigg on your GT-2 win. Now you get to spend every week between now and worlds at Bending Corners to get ready to represent So Cal and the U.S. of A. If you need help with chop sticks, I can lend you a hand.

Juan - so close so many years paid off with a great win this year. Now it's time to start picking Lings and Dawson's brains.

Deven - great job on dealing with all the pre race BS and coming through with strong driving all weekend. You were under a lot of stress. If anyone doubts it, they just have to look at your hair in the podium pictures.

Good luck to all three of you and represent the North America with pride and some wicked driving skills in Japan. Tony and Juan, this will not be a good time to introduce Deven to the Saki bars either !
Old 08-27-2007, 07:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Thought you guys might enjoy these... (you will NEVER guess what Don is using that camera to take a picture of)- note that Nathan and Dave are looking in the same direction
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya Championship Series-don-camera.jpg   Tamiya Championship Series-fred-trophy-girl.jpg  
Old 08-27-2007, 07:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rccardr
Thought you guys might enjoy these... (you will NEVER guess what Don is using that camera to take a picture of)- note that Nathan and Dave are looking in the same direction
Nice work Doc, for those of you not able to be in attendance, there was some very colorful commentary being delivered as these shots were being taken.

I almost forgot to thank RCGaryK for the Spektrum assistance and Dan and Kevin from SIR for coming through with some inserts in a pinch, so thanks guys, those kinds of acts are what makes the hobby great.
Old 08-27-2007, 08:34 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

a couple of non-track pics...excuse the "style" but that's just the way i shoot...
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya Championship Series-img_8434.jpg   Tamiya Championship Series-img_8548.jpg   Tamiya Championship Series-img_8871.jpg   Tamiya Championship Series-img_9084.jpg  
Old 08-27-2007, 08:35 PM
Tech Addict

more..
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya Championship Series-img_8596.jpg   Tamiya Championship Series-img_8925.jpg   Tamiya Championship Series-img_8957.jpg   Tamiya Championship Series-img_9049.jpg  
Old 08-27-2007, 08:43 PM
Tech Addict

finally....
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya Championship Series-img_8376.jpg   Tamiya Championship Series-img_9313.jpg  

Last edited by littleZEN; 08-28-2007 at 08:52 PM.
Old 08-27-2007, 09:05 PM
Tech Addict

So Fred, are the rules posted for 2008 yet? I need to start getting ready. My wife says I finally get to run nats next year.
Old 08-27-2007, 09:09 PM
Tech Addict

Hey Doc, PM me your e-mail, we need to talk motors.
Old 08-27-2007, 09:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Thanks Tamiya & Fred for another great event!

Congrats to all the winners and I wish you all well in Japan! ! !

Also thanks goes to my pit dude Todd Marshal for making thinks easier to manage around the track as well as his help given ... YessIR!

To follow up on what BP said was TCS is going to continue next year with 2 new venues. The nats could be back in Aliso, if the land does not sell, they do have more on their schedule coming up. So really no point in starting rumors. The rules/schedule will probably be posted Nov/Dec before 2008. I don't have an inside track but that has been the way it has been done.

Hopefully will see many of you in 08. If not then my eyes were closed. . .
Old 08-27-2007, 10:38 PM
Tech Adept

lets worry about our boys going to Japan first, then for 2008. One step at a time.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.