Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree823Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 08-26-2007, 05:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Tony, that is great news that you won. Congrats.

Those carpet skills are going to come in handy
Old 08-26-2007, 06:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by littleZEN
couple shots from today....
What body is that on the car in far right side picture?
Old 08-26-2007, 07:49 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Way to go guys! Rigg, once you told me you would like to race in Japan. Now you will be racing in there. It's time to go show your skills. Once again congrats.
Old 08-26-2007, 08:43 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by linger
CONGRATS TO JUAN AVEYTIA - TAMIYA NATIONAL CHAMP GT1. HE IS NO LONGER A FAILURE.
At least not as a driver.
Old 08-26-2007, 08:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by linger
CONGRATS TO JUAN AVEYTIA - TAMIYA NATIONAL CHAMP GT1. HE IS NO LONGER A FAILURE.
Woo hoo... the curse is FINALLY over! Congrats Juan... took a while but glad you made it in the club. Have fun in J-land! Goes the same with Tony F. and Deven... good job guys! Wished I could have seen it live but just came back from China last night...
Old 08-26-2007, 08:54 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

CONGRATULATIONS JUAN!!!.....I LOVE YOU MAN
Old 08-27-2007, 07:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

Congrats to Tony, Deven and Juan, you guys really deserve it. Can't wait till next year...
Old 08-27-2007, 07:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

What a great time! But also a sad day...

Hard to believe we are seeing the end of an era in radio controlled racing with the closing of the Tamiya facility. Everyone who has ever raced there will miss it. I know I will.

Looking at the depth of the talent in the field this year- in every class- it's great to see how the TCS series has garnered attention from the 'serious' racing community. Even as recently as three or four years ago, most of the participants were pretty casual club racer types. Now you have guys who put away their Schumacher/Corally/Associated/Losi cars once or twice each year and dice it out with Tamiya stuff- assuming they don't already run it all year round. Which is another interesting development- ten years ago no serious racer would have even considered running a Tamiya car, but now they are all over the place.

At any rate, a super race event this past week- heck this past season. With Fred's announcement yesterday that the TCS series will definitely continue, and with additional regional race locations being added for 2008, we should be seeing even more great racing from the Tamiya event organizers next year. And with all of the farewell handshakes, conversations, and yes, even a few tears seen yesterday after the trophy presentations, I'm certain we shall all meet again.

Except maybe for Fred and the trophy girl. Not sure they will ever meet again. Can't believe nobody has posted any pictures of THAT yet...
Old 08-27-2007, 08:08 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by patrick
Congrats to Tony, Deven and Juan, you guys really deserve it. Can't wait till next year...
believe it or not... there might not be a next year
Old 08-27-2007, 09:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default The end of an Era at the Tamiya track!

Hey guys,
Me and Timmy had a great time. Thanks Fred for the last hurrah! We will miss our home away from home! This will be a race to remember with the crazy weather we had, it thundered and lightening for about an hour and the lightening was almost directly over head. Everybody was worried at this point that it would start to rain but it didn't but right at the last qualifier it started raining. Everyone was running around looking for something to cover their electronics who weren't covered under the tent or brought an easy up!
Right when the Tamtech sedans were going to start, the track was soaked. What a start, I never laughed so hard when Doug said on the sound of the tone in 5.
Every car hit the gas and everyone spun out in all directions but straight. It was wild! It took a couple of minutes but the driver were able to slowly go down the track at walking speed at best! The race did finish but extremely entertaining!
Luckily, the rain slowed down just in time for the mains and the track conditions were amazing. Tons of traction!
I forgot to mention on the last qualifier Juan A., Mark Mendoza and Timmy V. all ran 21 laps in GT-1 on the last qualifier before the rain, that's how good traction was. This kept Timmy in the "A" main because he was on the bubble up to that point!
In the end all of you know the outcome for the trip, but had a blast, especially pitting next to all the SIR locals. Great bunch of guys! (Maybe will make a road trip to Seattle next year?) Thanks Doug for running a great race, actually finished before dark. Thanks Chris for the rims and tires for Timmy, and too everyone who helped out teching Tim's car, especially Kevin and Igor! Wish I brought my camera, missed a lot of final shots. Hopefully somebody will post pictures? Anybody? anybody?
Old 08-27-2007, 09:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by littleZEN
couple shots from today....
Yo little Zen - thanks for the pit help (and to Mini and Postman for the pit assistance too). Pictures look great as usual. Can you send me the jpeg directly of my 350R and any of the flying fish also ?

A huge thank you to my team mate Nemo who without your help, I would not have had as good a year as I did. Looking forward to the magic Fred and his crew will put on for a great '08 TCS.
Old 08-27-2007, 09:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by f1larry
What body is that on the car in far right side picture?
Maziora 350R on the TA05 IFS. There were three at the Nationals.

Originally Posted by hpipro321
Better recheck your sources. Fred made it very clear there WILL be a 2008 TCS season AND a couple of more races are planned to be added on the East Coast.
Old 08-27-2007, 09:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Congrats to Devin White.Truly deserved the win IMO.

Everyone who won the trips deserved to win and go.They put in work and got it down.Good job guys.I am TCS retired.Tony and Juan.You guys owned for sure.
Old 08-27-2007, 11:49 AM
Tech Fanatic

Location: Beautiful Downtown L.A. Where the sky is always on fire and the grass is always brown
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Kudos to C. Lopez coming back out after dealing with a high fever the night before and driving the heck out of his car. Always nice seeing him give the big guys a run for the money
Old 08-27-2007, 11:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hpipro321
Why do you have to start with that? Fred has already said that the series will continue, there is even a very remote chance that it will be in Aliso again. The line we were given is that as long as Tamiya still owns the property, they will hold events there. They are trying to explore all options for next year, but Fred announced that there will be a TCS and even the addition of new venues.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.