Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree369Likes

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2015, 10:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Well, I don't think anything is getting dropped or changed up just yet. We're only two races into the season. Hardly enough to validate a trend. There is a LOT to like about our Stock 1/12th formula. It may just need a little time to catch on. It is an absolute joy at the hangar. And while the current CC track may not reward it as much as others, that too will change soon enough.
Old 11-04-2015, 11:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PutAwayWet
And yes, amusingly enough, it was 13.5, which Brian also sold the Canadians on. I think his dresser is secretly full of maple leaf underoos.
Brian sold us on the spec tires, and we haven't looked back. At the first two WCICS events this year, the 12th Scale Stock turnout has increased by more than 50% on average over last year.

As for the 13.5, we made that decision on our own when North America adopted blinky mode. We went 13.5 to keep the cars similar to the old 17.5 boost setups.

See some of you this weekend!
Blake
Old 11-08-2015, 11:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 83 (100%+)

I liked 1/12 very much but the tires were becoming a drag. That's why I'm contemplating getting another now is because I don't have to deal with 50 different combos.
Old 11-08-2015, 12:59 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Randy, Let me know if you decide to go for it. I have VBC 12th with 9650 servo, Hobbywing 3.1 1s esc, and two lipos, I might let go, I have a motor but its a Speedpassion and not sure how competitive it is.

p.s. and two bodies
Old 11-08-2015, 01:58 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

I'll be out this winter at one point or another...but I'm one of those guys who invested a ton of funds 2 seasons ago on the Black/Blue combo (or whatever it was then), then trued them all. And now there's close to 20sets just begging to be used. A spec tire sounds great though, I just can't afford the initial investment right now.
Old 11-09-2015, 06:58 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default Spec 1/12 tires

Originally Posted by JayBee
I'll be out this winter at one point or another...but I'm one of those guys who invested a ton of funds 2 seasons ago on the Black/Blue combo (or whatever it was then), then trued them all. And now there's close to 20sets just begging to be used. A spec tire sounds great though, I just can't afford the initial investment right now.
Hi JayBee,

I just ran them at the Big Chill up in Canada, and used one set the whole weekend, and there still is enough to run some more. Let me know if you need a set, I have extra. We can trade for some of you'r Blue's as I can use those in Mod.

-Alex
:-)
Old 11-09-2015, 11:10 AM
Tech Adept

Well, I don't think anything is getting dropped or changed up just yet. We're only two races into the season. Hardly enough to validate a trend. There is a LOT to like about our Stock 1/12th formula. It may just need a little time to catch on. It is an absolute joy at the hangar. And while the current CC track may not reward it as much as others, that too will change soon enough.
Being new to on-road, i can say that we are just having a blast running 1/12th spec. I love the spec tires as well, and should make the two races in November and as many races as we can.

If the club wanted to move from 17.5 to 13.5 I'd be on-board as well. I just want to see 1/12th spec grow, as in my view it is the best of the classes.

Has anyone ran the spec tires in 1/12th mod?

In TC there is just one tire for both SPEC and MOD, could that work in 1/12th, or do the SPEC tires just not work with the extra speed and power?
Old 11-09-2015, 03:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Lence
Being new to on-road, i can say that we are just having a blast running 1/12th spec. I love the spec tires as well, and should make the two races in November and as many races as we can.

If the club wanted to move from 17.5 to 13.5 I'd be on-board as well. I just want to see 1/12th spec grow, as in my view it is the best of the classes.

In TC there is just one tire for both SPEC and MOD, could that work in 1/12th, or do the SPEC tires just not work with the extra speed and power?
Old 11-09-2015, 05:23 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by oldrcr
Hi JayBee,

I just ran them at the Big Chill up in Canada, and used one set the whole weekend, and there still is enough to run some more. Let me know if you need a set, I have extra. We can trade for some of you'r Blue's as I can use those in Mod.

-Alex
Originally Posted by Lence

Originally Posted by AlexPate

Can I vote for 2s 21.5?
Old 11-15-2015, 05:25 PM
Tech Regular

Default hangar 30 stock racing

Originally Posted by Slapmaster6000
We had an interesting conversation about the health of 12th scale last Wed at H30. In the off season we discussed at length the stripe tire and ultimately voted it in. We tested it thoroughly last season. Went to several Canadian events. They liked them enough, they voted them in to their WCICS rules. We really felt like we took the extra mile to look after the best interests of the stock 12th scaler. Well, our numbers are down. I am wondering if it is because of the spec tire. Some may be sitting on a stash of tires that one day they hoped to use up. Some may not own the new spec tire. Some may not understand what it will take to make the spec tire competitive. If those are reasons, please let us know. We are scratching our heads wondering if we made the right call. I for one as a full on racer, feel that the spec tire is the best thing for stock racing. It is economical, easy to set up, and lasts roughly 3 times longer then traditional foams. If you think that the spec tire is a roll back in performance, trust me, it is not. Spec tires currently hold track records at the CC during an open tire season. Or is it the tire truer? We discussed having a set of pre-trued tires sitting trackside for those that simply wanted to jump in and didn't want to fuss with truing. OK. Cool, we get that. If that is all that holds you back, let us offer you a deal: a set of spec tires trued to X.XX diameter for $$. We can make that happen.

Randy! You need help on tires? Reach out. Several guys here willing to help.

Brian
I kinda need a set of those precut spec tires Brian.....

If I was to show up Wednesday night, with a 1/12th scale but didn't have a Roar legal speedo/receiver combo would I be flogged or shunned for wanting to run it at the hangar? its my mod car that id just want to drop in a 17.5 and change the tires. there is a blinky mode.

Erik
Old 11-15-2015, 06:35 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RcHammer

If I was to show up Wednesday night, with a 1/12th scale but didn't have a Roar legal speedo/receiver combo would I be flogged or shunned for wanting to run it at the hangar? its my mod car that id just want to drop in a 17.5 and change the tires. there is a blinky mode.

Erik
We would love to have you come play at the Hangar. As a rule, we ask drivers to get their cars as close to the rules as possible, and if they don't quite conform we'll just exclude the results form the season points. Hope to see you this week!
-Kyle
Old 11-15-2015, 10:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RcHammer

Erik
Hi Erik,

I have an extra set if you need them as well. They are cut and ready to run. Ran one set all weekend up in Canada. They wear very well. Ran nicely too.

-Alex
Old 11-17-2015, 09:44 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by oldrcr
Hi Erik,

I have an extra set if you need them as well. They are cut and ready to run. Ran one set all weekend up in Canada. They wear very well. Ran nicely too.

-Alex
that would be awesome Alex. let me know how much.
Old 11-18-2015, 07:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Team Mason is prepped and packed for some 1/12th scale action at Hangar 30 tonight!

Bring the heat
Old 11-18-2015, 08:02 AM
Tech Adept

Ready for tonight...be gentle...it's my first time
So just bring a chair?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.