Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30 >

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Like Tree369Likes

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Old 10-29-2015, 01:09 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by metalnut
I really wish I could make Wednesday nights again, I'm going to try to see if I can do something about that but... not looking promising :-\
You know we'd love to see you come play in the Hangar, Adam, so here's some food for thought:
  • We start at 7pm, which should give you a reasonable amount of time to wrap-up work stuff and tackle traffic.
  • We usually have 10-20 minutes of open track between rounds, allowing drivers time to test, tune and practice even if they miss open practice from 6-7pm.
  • The new layout is SuperShitHotDialed, and a lot of fun to drive. Smiles are guaranteed, and it's not that hard on cars.
  • Stuart's iPod playlists are, in a word, mega. Example: last night we heard G&R, AC/DC, and about a dozen other songs that are easily 3x older than he is. Come to think of it, I'm pretty sure Stuart is actually Todd's brother with access to the fountain of youth. (It explains why he kicks our asses on the track, but not why he hasn't shared his secret with Todd.)

So yeah, make it hap'n, Cap'n!
Old 10-30-2015, 11:17 AM
Tech Regular

Default Hangar 30, Round 2 Results

This week’s racing saw deeper attendance on the touring car side, with two heats of Stock Touring and Scale Spec. Overall, people are getting a handle on the new layout and times are dropping across the board. In Novice, Kyle Siefert ran unopposed and proved he has what it takes to run in Scale Spec, which is exactly what he did in Round 2.

Stock Touring brought out the big guns, with Kody Knudtson, Jake Danilchik, Bill Swadener and Shay Goodlund pushing lap totals into the mid 30’s. Kody took TQ and set a new track record of 36/6:06.494 and fast lap of 9.702, with Bill holding off Jake for the 2nd grid spot. The main was pretty full, with plenty of traffic for Kody, Bill and Jake to contend with. The top 3 cars held their starting order for the first 20 laps, with Jake applying consistent pressure on Bill. Then on lap 21, a bobble by Jake gave Bill a 4 second gap which was all he needed to claim 2nd behind Kody. Clean running all around, and the usual tour de force performance from Kody.

Stock 1/12 saw Brian Bodine take TQ and set the records with a 47/8:03.244 and fast lap of 9.768, Todd qualified 2nd and Stuart 3rd. In the Main, Brian lost some speed while Todd found some, which made for an interesting battle. Stuart also got in the mix, climbing to 2nd early on before a mechanical breakdown parked his car for the night. Around the 3 minute mark, Brian landed on his lid which promoted Todd to the lead, which he held strong for the next 24 laps. Brian nipped off a tenth here and a tenth there, and Todd made no mistakes and left no openings until the final 45 seconds, when Brian managed to get past and hold position to the bell.

Scale Spec saw Jerry Boyle take the win in the B and bump up to the A, while the always discreet Mike Boyle claimed TQ. In the Main Mike checked out at the tone, never giving anyone a single look down the inside, while clipping off laps equal to or faster than anyone else on track, even turning a 11.338 on lap 30 to reset the track record. 2nd qualifier Rob Swan and the #3 car of Chris Perry had a much more interesting race, trading places with each other in the first few laps. There was a fair amount of contact in the race, some due to tough racing and a couple other incidents due to an out of shape car coming back on track into the pack at full wood. This was a repeat issue on Wednesday, so as a public service announcement, please remember to be considerate of your fellow racers when re-entering the racing line – your mistake is only compounded when you T-bone another car as you rejoin the race.

The new layout is awesome, we have plenty of open track time throughout the night, and most importantly the racing is tight. Hangar 30 is a great place to race, hang out with some friends, and spend time relaxing on a weeknight. Mark your calendars for November 18th, we hope to see you there. Results and track records are posted below.
Attached Files
File Type: txt
Round1.txt (39.9 KB, 55 views)
Round2.txt (36.2 KB, 39 views)
Round3.txt (27.4 KB, 85 views)
File Type: pdf
H30 Track Records.pdf (196.3 KB, 72 views)
Old 11-01-2015, 12:10 PM
Tech Apprentice

Ughhhh, missed another Saturday. Real life sucks.

Jacob, I'll bring the $40 I owe you for the battery by at the next race. Sorry about that.
Old 11-01-2015, 01:20 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

^^ we all good brother.
Old 11-02-2015, 10:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 83 (100%+)

Hey fellas was looking into the possibility of picking up a 1/12th scale for this winter. What are these striped foams and where can I get them?

Thanks
Randy
Old 11-02-2015, 10:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rdog
Hey fellas was looking into the possibility of picking up a 1/12th scale for this winter. What are these striped foams and where can I get them?

Thanks
Randy
Yo R-Dog. Will be nice to have you back out racing. I've got you covered on tires when your ready.

K
Old 11-03-2015, 08:35 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default Racing.

Is there gonna be racing this weekend at the gym
Old 11-03-2015, 08:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Donny Banks
Is there gonna be racing this weekend at the gym
No racing this weekend or next. Most are heading to Canada for the Big Chill this weekend. Then NORA next Sunday.

Donny book mark this page, http://seattlercracers.com/onroad-racing/
Old 11-03-2015, 08:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

Current series points posted below.

Bill S.
Old 11-03-2015, 10:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

We had an interesting conversation about the health of 12th scale last Wed at H30. In the off season we discussed at length the stripe tire and ultimately voted it in. We tested it thoroughly last season. Went to several Canadian events. They liked them enough, they voted them in to their WCICS rules. We really felt like we took the extra mile to look after the best interests of the stock 12th scaler. Well, our numbers are down. I am wondering if it is because of the spec tire. Some may be sitting on a stash of tires that one day they hoped to use up. Some may not own the new spec tire. Some may not understand what it will take to make the spec tire competitive. If those are reasons, please let us know. We are scratching our heads wondering if we made the right call. I for one as a full on racer, feel that the spec tire is the best thing for stock racing. It is economical, easy to set up, and lasts roughly 3 times longer then traditional foams. If you think that the spec tire is a roll back in performance, trust me, it is not. Spec tires currently hold track records at the CC during an open tire season. Or is it the tire truer? We discussed having a set of pre-trued tires sitting trackside for those that simply wanted to jump in and didn't want to fuss with truing. OK. Cool, we get that. If that is all that holds you back, let us offer you a deal: a set of spec tires trued to X.XX diameter for $$. We can make that happen.

Randy! You need help on tires? Reach out. Several guys here willing to help.

Brian
Old 11-04-2015, 11:29 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

what was the reason the spec tire even got used/tested last year? someone had a thought. what was that thought? was it to save the racer some money? make it easier for the new guy thinking about getting in 12th scale racing? make racing closer? help grow the class? all good thoughts of course. but if I'm sitting on a stash of tires, I'm a little erked right now. if you knew this was a possibility for this year then something should have been said before I went on line and re stocked on tires for this year. (I didn't I'm just taking that point of view for the discussion).

if the tire and class is successful in Canada, then why not take the full plunge and make the spec motor for the class a 13.5. its works in Canada.

another question would be did anyone ditch 12th for F-1?

just my random thoughts..
Old 11-04-2015, 12:54 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

From the outside looking in...I'm not a 12th driver and probably won't own one again.

I don't think it's the tires. I've heard people complain about the tires for a while. I believe it was the best move. If your not racing due to only having other tires...talk to the club, they might be able to work with you.

I took a race from early November for the last few years and it shows that 12th has been on the decline anyways. Remember though its just one average race of the year so it might be skewed. 2012+ was just from the CC and 2010-2011 was H30. Looks like we've just lost some people and others have cut down in classes

Old 11-04-2015, 01:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I read you, Ritchie, and if we had not tested, advertised, and vetted the change with the resident 1/12th scalers, I'd be irked as well. But we did. And yes, the reasons are basically those you identify. As for the Canadians, it was rather the other way around. It was Brian who sold the whole series on the spec tires. I reckon CRC owes him a kit!

The trend Andrew identifies is what has us thinking things through. The gym opened up our heads to the Mod thing and we gave it a go. Perhaps it's run its inevitable course? No one can say we didn't try.

I find it hard, personally, to contemplate giving up on a three year program which I feel is finally paying off. But...all for one, one for all, right? 1/12th was strongest when it was one class, all in.

And yes, amusingly enough, it was 13.5, which Brian also sold the Canadians on. I think his dresser is secretly full of maple leaf underoos.

Last edited by PutAwayWet; 11-04-2015 at 01:59 PM. Reason: fumble fingers
Old 11-04-2015, 02:01 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

I sold all my non spec 1/12 tire stash on RC Tech... Not everyone runs a spec tire..

Easy enough to handle that issue.
Old 11-04-2015, 07:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

I love mod12, but I also love the low tire wear and minimal crash damage of stock12.

It's hard to justify cancelling mod12 since I need to practice in order to run at a big race, but the numbers just couldnt save it for us at OGR... for now anyway.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.