6pm practice
7pm Q1
Old 01-11-2019, 09:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Nice...thanks Todd!
Old 01-11-2019, 11:01 AM
Tech Master

"Dialed" doesn't quite do justice to the surface and layout. Such a rad time on Wednesday, thanks to all that make it possible!!!
Old 01-12-2019, 05:23 PM
Tech Master

Default POINTS!

Hey Kids, current points for H30 are posted, as well as the final points standings for the CC.

*On a side note, I went ahead and added F1 to the points tally for Wednesday, and back-counted to our previous race in December (the first date that F1 was a class at H30). This has been a solid class for two straight races, so they certainly deserve to be on here.

Good luck to those in Victoria!

Old 01-14-2019, 08:19 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Hangar 30, Round 5 Results

Apologies for the super long delay in posting. Big thanks to everyone who came out, Jesse for the race report and to our hero Todd Mason for booking us an additional night of H30 racing on 1/23.

Whew, where do I even start with this one…..

Since we last converged on the friendly confines of Hangar 30, we said goodbye to our beloved Saturday sanctuary “Big Smooth”, we bought three rolls of CRC black carpet, and constructed a completely fresh layout. Sounds pretty standard.

In all seriousness, while I may have had some reservations about the validity of switching from our dialed gray carpet to black, I can emphatically say that those reservations are officially wiped clean.Grip was surprisingly good from the get-go, allowed solid racing in all classes, and the new layout provided a new challenge and fun factor to the Wednesday bullring.

Oh, and we can’t forget the icing on the cake: 35 entries, and B Mains…. For a midweek club race. Jim Glasgow brought a crew down from our friends at NORA to help properly christen our new setup, as did some familiar faces from down south, including one Tim Copp. It was certainly great to see the full pit area and fun atmosphere that I think we were lacking a bit in recent months. Truly a welcome sight.

As for the on-track action:

*Travis owned Scale Spec, using Franco’s loaner car. TQ went to the half-pint peeler and a runaway win. On a personal note, it was awesome to see a legit B Main in this class again. Car counts have been the strongest they’ve been in quite some time, which has made for some great racing in our stalwart sedan category.

*Stock TC went to Stuart Mason yet again, although the final time sheets show a much closer race than in previous meetings.

*Stock 12th was the Stuart show, but as with Stock TC, the gap was closed significantly from the last few races. Could the new carpet be the great equalizer, or is Mini-Mason just toying with our emotions?

*Novice was a fun class to watch all night with a full variety of entrants. Everything from minis to a euro truck, but it would be Steve in the sedan taking the win. I’d say he’s about ready to make the jump to Scale Spec soon.

*F1 was GNARLY with 7 open-wheelers navigating the bullring at once. It took calm nerves, patience, and a good handling car to maneuver the pitfalls of a 6 minute race. Somehow I did all those things, and came out the other end the victor. Not a screw was lost in the process.

All of this however, would’ve never been possible if it hadn’t been for the incredibly hard work put in by Brian, Alex, Todd, Jake, Kyle, Korey, and the entire Seattle RC Racers club. It’s not an easy task overhauling a club in the middle of a race season, but this crew never ceases to amaze me in what they accomplish. Lastly, a massive thank you deservedly goes out to the racers who support and race with us on Wednesday nights. I sense the makings of something really cool here, coupled with the killer work by the NORA club on Saturdays. Are we stronger now than ever? Time will tell, but if Round 5 of “Wednesday Night Worlds” was any indication, I think we’re in damn-good hands.

-JRoy

Results can be viewed here.

JoshuaRC10 and JeffofSpace like this.
Old 01-15-2019, 12:27 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 87 (100%+)

Can we update the new black carpet track record for novice ,Scale Spec and F1 ?
who may know , somebody might want to come back challenge the new track record..
thank you
Old 01-15-2019, 02:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OVA
Can we update the new black carpet track record for novice ,Scale Spec and F1 ?
who may know , somebody might want to come back challenge the new track record..
thank you
Done!

H30 Track Records
Old 01-22-2019, 06:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Hey Gang, Do not forget, Todd secured an additional Wed night for us to play race cars. That is tomorrow night!!! Yes, traffic will be terrible. Perfect reason to come out. We have a new track. Another perfect reason to come out. It's super fun! That is the best reason to come out. Hope to see you there. Doors open at 5p, racing starts at 7p.
Old 01-23-2019, 09:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

One project that I'd like to get done tonight is to cut our Velcro down to 2" squares on the bottoms of our pipe. While the carpet is getting taped down, I'd like to get a few guys with utility knives removing some of that Velcro. It will likely be an ongoing project, but we can get started tonight.

I have a new corner built to replace the "dotted hockey stick" on the interior left.

Should be another great night of racing! See you all there.

bb
Old 01-23-2019, 09:18 AM
Tech Master

For those in the know, a bonus race night also means bonus cheesy fries. Yet another reason to show up!

Wednesday Night Worlds FTW!!
Old 01-24-2019, 03:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PutAwayWet
Todd,

Did my PayPal come threw like it should have, please let me know

Steve
Old 01-25-2019, 04:02 PM
Tech Master

Default POINTS!

Points are updated through 1/23.

Old 01-26-2019, 10:52 AM
Tech Master

Default 1/23/19 RACE REPORT

Kyle has asked me to go ahead and post the report up, so here we go!

In the realm of temporary club racing, juggling dates, demands, and venues is an ongoing struggle. So, when the opportunity presents itself to add a precious bit of track time to the schedule in the form of a bonus race night, you can bet your sweet behind we’ll take it with open arms. It was admittedly a soft announcement, but our core group and those that checked the interwebs showed up for a solid second night on our newly-christened carpet and layout.

Our resident track scientists Brian and Alex have constructed a fun, fast, and safe layout, with minimal carnage for the challenge this current layout produces. Add in a new section of safer-barrier to the switchback section, and what was already a fine setup, got just that much better.

One must also mention the many hands that help with teardown. As we have said in the past, many hands make light work, and our current setup is no exception. I counted about 15 minutes from final tone to lights-out, and that may have been conservative. Well done, everyone!
While the total number of entries was light, it still allowed for solid racing and a swift program overall.

Mike would continue this season’s dominance of the Scale Spec class, but behind him was a terrific scrap for the final podium spots. Chris Perry would distance himself from the melee’ to claim second, while Kyle would put his head down for a hard-earned third.

Stock TC was a two-car affair, with Stuart and Weylin trading blows throughout qualifying and the main. With only the pair showing up, they took the opportunity to have some fun side-by-side battles and made a race of it.

F1 was a four-car tilt in which I would nab TQ for the night. The field was inverted for the main, and after a lengthy pit stop by the race stewards, I went about chasing down Adam. While I would eventually catch Mr. Shelton, it took all of 5+ minutes of fun nose-to-tail racing to get it done. A terrific drive by Adam made for one of the most fun races for me in a very long time. Thanks for the good clean racing!

Stock 12th was once again Stuart’s to lose, with the younger Mason taking TQ honors along with the race win. Todd would come back from two lackluster qualifying performances to take a solid second on the podium, followed by a rare Wednesday appearance by one Mr. Jeff Glossip.

Novice/Mini once again delivered the antics and debauchery that we all come to expect from these brave men and their jaunty jalopies. I really don’t know where to go from there….. Russ won, Tim took second, and Kyle couldn’t finish a lap.

So there you have it, another fine night of shenanigans and tomfoolery by the Seattle RC Racers club.

Our second night on our new surface has produced more grip and lowered track records across multiple classes. We’ll be back on Wednesday, February 13th. In the meantime, get your carpet fix with the boys at NORA, or with our friends at Rose City!

-JRoy

Results can be found here:
https://rcscoringpro.com/events/8222/
JeffofSpace likes this.
Old 02-13-2019, 11:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Roads are bare and wet. We're Hangar 30 racing tonight!

5pm Track Build
6pm Practice
7pm Q1

See you there.
Old 02-13-2019, 04:30 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PutAwayWet
bare and wet.
sounds like optimal conditions for the wednesday night crew.....

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.