Wiki Posts
Search

Team Magic G4

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2007, 06:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Serpentd
It sounds to me as though they are in the hole so to speak financialy. Just look at all the R&D etc that they need to cover their costs for. It appears as though they are running their financial side of things out of desperation rather then using a slower, better long term aproach to make profits. This of coarse is my opinion, but with me being in the Mortgage industry for 12 years, I understand finances very well. However I am NO expert or even a novice in terms of Marketing and related issues. Other then the new E4, most of their new products are using about 75-85% of the same parts of previous models. Including the G4 and the M1 buggy. It looks like they are "chomping at the bit" so to speak to generate more revenue by releasing these "updated" kits. If they are in a financial bind of some type, then stress and pressure sets in and it forces them to make radical changes to compensate like putting out ANOTHER car. However, this is NO way to run ANY type of business. It sort of looks like they need or want $$ now!! And they act as though they don't have the time to create a more solid foundation for distributing products. Look at the G4+ for example. An incredible kit for sure, but $650 bucks for a nitro sedan. Come on. They already had most of the parts to build this car just sitting in inventory, so to sell a car with all of these upgrades isn't causing them to necessarily loose money on the kit. But generate More money faster to possibly help support the $$ they spent on developing the E4? The timing was certainly there. I'm just sort of brain storming right now and might be ENTIRELY WRONG. I was just giving it some thought. After all, they carry a lot more products then their cars. Or maybe they did trully want to try a different approach to the RC market compaired to other big names like Serpent, Kyosho etc. But obviously this approach failed over and over. So like I said earlier, don't try and re-invent the wheel and follow suite. It works for the other companies. Then again, maybe they couldn't afford to do it as the other companies. Again I'm just thinking out loud. I would imagine that to start and continue a company of this nature, you need to have a VERY GOOD marketing stradagy. So why is this Marketing thing such an issue??? I mean they are going against the normal everyday marketing stradagies that are found in almost every company world wide, and I'm not only reffering to the RC market. It just has no rhyme or reason. At least not form where we're standing. But there might be something going on behind closed doors that we are just not aware of. Again, I'm just throwing out possibilities and am blowing smoke. It's still so VERY confusing to have so much drama when our common sence sees a way to eliminate all this drama. Who knows??? I honestly don't want to leave the G4*** crue. Lots of killer dudes here along with awesome products. So TM, my advice to you is to hire a NEW marketing team fresh out of collage with a Marketing degree (because they are cheaper then a Vet) and give them a chance to turn your 10 years of stradagy around. I gaurantee it can't hurt at this point. And these Newbies will follow things close to text book Marketing rules. Because A LOT of us want to race your stuff, but to do that we need to be able to BUY IT!!!!!

Everyone that feels they need to comment on my post that's cool. But like I said I am NO marketing pro and don't want to be. So if I am like totally in left field with my thoughts, don't OVER bash me. Because I will hunt you down!

On another note, the G4RS looks pretty sweet. Maybe I will post a pic of my Serpent 720 with the same angles as TM did and we can see any comparisons (or not), along with feeback from you G4+ owners out there so we can disect this car and find out what the new improvments are and why. Doesn't TM usually have a 45 page description of there new stuff anyway? Where is it for this car?? Ok, I'll stop. Sorry for the longwinded post everyone. Later!!!!
Word - thats exactly what they need to do is hire the right people for the JOB! Its pretty simple really

GOODLUCK TM
Old 11-06-2007, 07:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Everyone that feels they need to comment on my post that's cool. But like I said I am NO marketing pro and don't want to be. So if I am like totally in left field with my thoughts, don't OVER bash me. Because I will hunt you down!
DUDE ! bash you ? hell yeah. what can i say to you, to make you hunt me down ? man you know where i live, so i dare you ! Hunt me down !
and then we can have a few ales, and if you get your timing right, there is a show we can go and see man. now again, what can i say for you to do so ?
Old 11-06-2007, 07:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I thought the G4RS was a natural product to relase since all the G4+ have been sold. The G4+ was a limited edition and there needed to be an updated kit after the G4+ since there are many updates to the platform.

I think TM would have been given a harder time if they had just re-released the G4S again without the flying wings suspension, quick-change front end, ED trans etc etc. Lots of people were complaining about how much they had to spend for upgrades on the G4S. Now the G4RS has most of the common updates.

This is a very similar strategy used by other companies (Mugen MTX4, MTX4R, MTX4R worlds, Kyosho V1R, V1RR, V1RRR, etc).

I think it's a great thing that the majority of commonly used parts in my parts box will transfer from model to model.
Old 11-06-2007, 08:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Pattojnr
DUDE ! bash you ? hell yeah. what can i say to you, to make you hunt me down ? man you know where i live, so i dare you ! Hunt me down !
and then we can have a few ales, and if you get your timing right, there is a show we can go and see man. now again, what can i say for you to do so ?
DUDE, You can call me any name you want, I don't really need to big of an excuse to hunt you down. In fact I might hunt you down just to see how good my detective skills are. Even though I do have your address and an arial photo of your house.

Dude, just an update...I need to re-send my info AGAIN to my buddy to get the RB engines. This is no biggy and will handle this tomorrow. However, are you still in the market or do you want to put this on hold? He ended up just having his 1st child born a few weeks ago. Well his misses had the kid anyway. Also, I still don't have VRC...I have been busy with TONS of stuff and have had zero time for any fun stuff. But soon my friend, soon.
I hope to talk with you soon bro. Take care bro!!
Old 11-06-2007, 08:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Z00M
I thought the G4RS was a natural product to relase since all the G4+ have been sold. The G4+ was a limited edition and there needed to be an updated kit after the G4+ since there are many updates to the platform.

I think TM would have been given a harder time if they had just re-released the G4S again without the flying wings suspension, quick-change front end, ED trans etc etc. Lots of people were complaining about how much they had to spend for upgrades on the G4S. Now the G4RS has most of the common updates.

This is a very similar strategy used by other companies (Mugen MTX4, MTX4R, MTX4R worlds, Kyosho V1R, V1RR, V1RRR, etc).

I think it's a great thing that the majority of commonly used parts in my parts box will transfer from model to model.
Dude, I totally agree. But I live in the US as we all know, so don't know how I will be able to get the RS. Looks like I need to move out of this country for more then one reason.
Old 11-07-2007, 12:44 AM
Tech Elite

DUDE, You can call me any name you want, I don't really need to big of an excuse to hunt you down. In fact I might hunt you down just to see how good my detective skills are. Even though I do have your address and an arial photo of your house.

Dude, just an update...I need to re-send my info AGAIN to my buddy to get the RB engines. This is no biggy and will handle this tomorrow. However, are you still in the market or do you want to put this on hold? He ended up just having his 1st child born a few weeks ago. Well his misses had the kid anyway. Also, I still don't have VRC...I have been busy with TONS of stuff and have had zero time for any fun stuff. But soon my friend, soon.
I hope to talk with you soon bro. Take care bro!!
on the RB side of things, just put it on hold for a bit. let your friend get over his new arrival, (just as well the misses had it ) no rush , i might have something on the go at the moment, but will keep in touch. hurry up and get your VRC so we can race man
and just a reminder, that show is on the 4th of Feb , so do keep that in mind, you might be able to hand deliver the items
Old 11-07-2007, 12:57 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rc_alan
From the looks of it and the features stated, the G4RS is a completely new car and not just a re-badged G4+... The main thing is the chassis has been redesign... You can't just slap the new chassis onto a G4S or a G4+... The rear end is also completely different as well, so the geometry is also different. Just like the Serpent 710 and the 720, there are parts that are the same and can be shared... I wonder what the internal gear ratio is on the G4RS and are the pulleys and diffs the same size??? That was one area's that the G4S needed work on as well as the shocks and from what is stated, they upgraded them. It does look very nice... Will it make it to the US shores?? Time will tell...

RC_Alan
ok, we have had some info thrown our way. seems the chassis is different, but still adaptable to a G4+ or S. narrower and slightly shorter. looks like new rear bulkheads and rear bracket. all arms and speed shot allthe same, a few small design changes. tank clips on to radio tray not on the speedshot brace. also the ED and 2nd gear set up is same as G4+ just the ED is plastic gears. so some small subtle changes, but a step forward from a G4S, very similar to a G4+. so good news for any G4+ owner . hope the US market can get sorted soon.
Old 11-07-2007, 01:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

anothr G4, in the space of 1 year and a bit WOAH!!!

mmmmh, i wonder if this will become a champion chassis?
Old 11-07-2007, 01:14 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Kodak Hodak
anothr G4, in the space of 1 year and a bit WOAH!!!

mmmmh, i wonder if this will become a champion chassis?
hahaha, im sure it doesnt bother you now
but a budget G4+ it lookslike. but still a good improvement over a G4S std kit
Old 11-07-2007, 05:25 AM
Tech Addict

wonder whether the RS will be better than a 70% k-factory hopup S?
(they called it the G4-...)
Old 11-07-2007, 07:46 AM
Tech Regular

hahaha, im sure it doesnt bother you now
but a budget G4+ it lookslike. but still a good improvement over a G4S std kit
Patto,

How did you and the G4s crew do on the nationals???
Old 11-07-2007, 12:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

ok, we have had some info thrown our way. seems the chassis is different, but still adaptable to a G4+ or S. narrower and slightly shorter. looks like new rear bulkheads and rear bracket. all arms and speed shot allthe same, a few small design changes. tank clips on to radio tray not on the speedshot brace. also the ED and 2nd gear set up is same as G4+ just the ED is plastic gears. so some small subtle changes, but a step forward from a G4S, very similar to a G4+. so good news for any G4+ owner . hope the US market can get sorted soon.
I don't see how you can put the G4RS chassis that is shorter and narrower onto the G4+ and G4S... It's designed for the new rear bulkhead, a shorter rear end and I take it a new upper deck design as well... The mounting holes won't match up... That's why when companies redo the rear ends of there cars they do a chassis change as well... ie Mugen and Serpent... but if you're getting your info from TM and it's a direct swap out... Does anyone know if the rear diff is the same size and if the pulleys are the same as the G4+/S or have they too been redesigned? TM could have release some clearer better pics... I guess they want to keep everyone guessing... Like I stated earlier, there approach was similar to what Serpent did with the 710 and 720... Alot of parts are shared but two completely different cars when put side by side...

RC Alan

Last edited by rc_alan; 11-07-2007 at 05:58 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 11-07-2007, 06:38 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by rc_alan
I don't see how you can put the G4RS chassis that is shorter and narrower onto the G4+ and G4S... It's designed for the new rear bulkhead, a shorter rear end and I take it a new upper deck design as well... The mounting holes won't match up... That's why when companies redo the rear ends of there cars they do a chassis change as well... ie Mugen and Serpent... but if you're getting your info from TM and it's a direct swap out... Does anyone know if the rear diff is the same size and if the pulleys are the same as the G4+/S or have they too been redesigned? TM could have release some clearer better pics... I guess they want to keep everyone guessing... Like I stated earlier, there approach was similar to what Serpent did with the 710 and 720... Alot of parts are shared but two completely different cars when put side by side...

RC Alan
The new rear bulkhead is backwards compatible with the G4s. The bulkhead allows for a longer arm, which is also compatible with the G4s, and the mounting points/screw points haven't moved. So you can still slap the new chasis to an old car.

This is getting confusing...
Old 11-07-2007, 11:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by dnitro
The new rear bulkhead is backwards compatible with the G4s. The bulkhead allows for a longer arm, which is also compatible with the G4s, and the mounting points/screw points haven't moved. So you can still slap the new chasis to an old car.

Maybe I should have made myself alittle bit more clear... You must put the new G4RS rear bulkhead onto the G4S/plus to make the swap work... Just buying the new chassis alone ain't gonna work since it is shorter... I thought that was a given and understood, but I guess I was wrong. So yes it can be done, but you have to buy the entire G4RS rear bulkhead to do it... For the current G4 owners that want to continue to upgrade there cars, that's great news... I though have always felt having/building a fresh new car will always drive better then a old car that has a few new parts added to it when something breaks or a upgrade... but that's just me...

RC_Alan
Old 11-07-2007, 11:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by dnitro

Sorry for the double post...

RC_Alan

Last edited by rc_alan; 11-07-2007 at 11:16 PM. Reason: Double post

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.