Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Magic G4

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2007, 12:18 AM
Tech Fanatic

Well everyone, as much as I loved my G4S, I can not see myself being a supporter of a company that doesn't seem to give a rats ass about me...their customer. Since they obviously can't get their shit together after numerous trys and pulling the plug on the distributors in one way or another from people that spend lots of personal time and money to support their product, that shows me lack of commitment and lack of respect. So TM, you can probably count me out as a supporter for any more of your future products. It's a shame. TM, you need to understand that word of mouth is probably the #1 selling tool you can profit from. Your loosing a LOT of those mouths. Can't you already notice the lack of enthusiasm just on this thread. I think you might have sealed that coffin of yours. At least for any US endevors. Until I see some respect and true loyalty, forget it. I trully hope you get your act together, although it might be too late to convince anyone at this point. Best of luck nonetheless.
Old 11-06-2007, 12:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

While I feel for the users in the USA, I just want to point out that Team Magic has had long and successful relationships with distributors here in Australia as well as in the UK. I'm sure the right combination can be found in the US as well, given time.
Old 11-06-2007, 01:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TM Sean
Click on the banner to see the pictures of G4RS.
now only having the G4+ for a short time, can some one (Nick ? or Sean ?)
please note the differences from the G4+ to the G4RS please. i know the chassis is different, but the notes say, new 2 speed, new short rear end. does this just implement the adjustability of the new Flying wing arms from the G4+ ? and the new duro 2 speed ? thankyou.
Old 11-06-2007, 03:37 AM
Tech Regular

Default Team Magic G4RS

Team Magic G4RS Features:
  • Lightweight Narrow 3mm 7075 Chassis (Width 74mm)
  • All New Short Rear End Design
  • Flying Wing Suspension Arms
  • Front & Rear Quick Change Bulkhead
  • New High Speed Gear Ratio
  • New 2 Speed System
  • Adjustable Front & Rear Anti-Roll Bar
  • Front & Rear Gear Differential
  • New Shock Absorber
  • Lightweight Shock Mount & Carbon Fiber Shock Tower
  • Carbon Fiber X Plate
  • Quick Release Carbon Fiber Radio Plate
  • Lightweight Engine Mount
  • K Factory Front Universal Joint
  • K Factory UFO2 Clutch System
  • K Factory ST Steel Hinge Pin
Source: http://www.teammagic.com.tw
Old 11-06-2007, 03:44 AM
Tech Elite

thats great Nick, but the questions have been asked about the differences in this car to the G4+ , can you please TM, let us know. thanks.

Last edited by Pattojnr; 11-06-2007 at 03:57 AM.
Old 11-06-2007, 07:52 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Pattojnr
thats great Nick, but the questions have been asked about the differences in this car to the G4+ , can you please TM, let us know. thanks.
From the looks of it and the features stated, the G4RS is a completely new car and not just a re-badged G4+... The main thing is the chassis has been redesign... You can't just slap the new chassis onto a G4S or a G4+... The rear end is also completely different as well, so the geometry is also different. Just like the Serpent 710 and the 720, there are parts that are the same and can be shared... I wonder what the internal gear ratio is on the G4RS and are the pulleys and diffs the same size??? That was one area's that the G4S needed work on as well as the shocks and from what is stated, they upgraded them. It does look very nice... Will it make it to the US shores?? Time will tell...

RC_Alan
Old 11-06-2007, 08:50 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Z00M
While I feel for the users in the USA, I just want to point out that Team Magic has had long and successful relationships with distributors here in Australia as well as in the UK. I'm sure the right combination can be found in the US as well, given time.
I've supported TM from day one... My very first posts here on RCTech was on the G4 back in 2003... I can say that to me they have given me very little at the beginning... That slider steering system was a mess, to no support at all... I helped RDLogics with the car at the 2005 RCX in SoCal of my own free time and I was fine with that because I liked the car and wanted to help them... I was the only guy at Crystal Park and one of the handful of West Coast drivers with the car for almost a year when the car was the Black Magic... No support and no help... They've been in the US for going on almost 5 years and nothing has changed... They need to talk too and support the end user, the club racers, the A-main drivers that's close to being really good.. They need to make themselves a presents here and not just on RCTech or a handful of people that just talk the talk. There have been some that have tried and given alot to help and support TM and there efforts were thrown out the window... TM needs to hire a true top driver, pay him well, and be more visible... Figure out a working business model that will work, survive and prosper here... There are to many other good RC companies in the US that are doing just that and it shows... Just posting on RCTech and 3Hobby is not going to cut it... Whatever they are doing in the UK and Australia, they are not doing here... Why is that? Do they really even care???

RC_Alan
Old 11-06-2007, 09:18 AM
Tech Fanatic

Dude that doesn't make sence to me?? If everything is going so well in terms of long term relations in other countries, why do they do it different in the US? Are we the giuni pig for them or something. It sucks because I trully liked to drive the G4S over any other sedan. I personally got about 5 guys into this car, now I feel like an ass because these racers trusted MY word. TM is making me a lyer. And I DON'T LYE!! I am 100% loyal to those that are loyal back. PATTO knows me well enough to know that and he for example is someone I will be Loyal to as friends forever. Relationship can not be formed without loyalty. Heck, maybe it's just me. Anyway, if Patto wanted me to keep racing the G4whatever, I would for him and me and look above this nonsence. But it would be nice to know TM was there supporting their drivers in the US, since it sounds like everywhere else doesn't have these issues. Not that it matters that much for me now since I plan on just sticking to my Motonica! The G4RS looks sweet too. I will TRY and keep an open mind here and see what TM's next move is. They need to try and stop reinventing the wheel when it comes to sales and distribution. It's not rocket science. So TM...what is next for the US?????? I sure hope buy directly from you isn't your answer.
Old 11-06-2007, 10:25 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Pattojnr, the G4RS is more of an update to the G4S not the G4+. There are however some unique parts found on the RS which could be used to update the +

The following parts are already on the G4+

Flying Wing Suspension Arms
Front & Rear Quick Change Bulkhead
New High Speed Gear Ratio (ED with plastic pulleys)
New 2 Speed System (Duro)
Adjustable Front & Rear Anti-Roll Bar
New Shock Absorber (LX with different caps)
Lightweight Shock Mount & Carbon Fiber Shock Tower
K Factory Front Universal Joint
K Factory UFO2 Clutch System
K Factory ST Steel Hinge Pin

The unique items to the G4RS are:
Lightweight Narrow 3mm 7075 Chassis (Width 74mm) - Its shorter but doesnt alter the wheelbase of the G4
All New Short Rear End Design - Replacement bumper to go with the chassis
Front Gear Diff
Carbon Fiber X Plate - Tank doesnt attach to this anymore
Quick Release Carbon Fiber Radio Plate - Tank attaches to radio-tray

The only thing I'm not sure about is the Lightweight Engine Mount. Might be different, not sure.

Andrew
Old 11-06-2007, 11:04 AM
Tech Elite

While I do not know anything of distributors in Australia or of their relations to TM. I know that UK distributor(s) and dealers are very unhappy also with TM. Hence they will not be distributing/ supporting the E4, they will not be distributing/ supporting the M1B Turbo and they are letting go of the G4 Nitro touring car next year!

Yes this has been after a long relationship with Tm but they (TM) have finally upset UK (the distributor) once too often.

I also heard Spain and Italy are also having problems in their business relations with TM !! Like I said, good products, poor management.

By the way though.............. Sam at TMA here in the U.S. through in the towel with TM, not the other way round.

TM. It's no good bringing out new products if you can not market and distribute the product to the end customer. You need to trust in the distrbutor and be loyal to your end customer and not to the dollar you want from us !!

Is any of this sinking in ???

British Menace
Old 11-06-2007, 11:15 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Serpentd
Dude that doesn't make sence to me?? If everything is going so well in terms of long term relations in other countries, why do they do it different in the US? Are we the giuni pig for them or something. It sucks because I trully liked to drive the G4S over any other sedan. I personally got about 5 guys into this car, now I feel like an ass because these racers trusted MY word. TM is making me a lyer. And I DON'T LYE!! I am 100% loyal to those that are loyal back. PATTO knows me well enough to know that and he for example is someone I will be Loyal to as friends forever. Relationship can not be formed without loyalty. Heck, maybe it's just me. Anyway, if Patto wanted me to keep racing the G4whatever, I would for him and me and look above this nonsence. But it would be nice to know TM was there supporting their drivers in the US, since it sounds like everywhere else doesn't have these issues. Not that it matters that much for me now since I plan on just sticking to my Motonica! The G4RS looks sweet too. I will TRY and keep an open mind here and see what TM's next move is. They need to try and stop reinventing the wheel when it comes to sales and distribution. It's not rocket science. So TM...what is next for the US?????? I sure hope buy directly from you isn't your answer.
Yes. What is next for the U.S?

Just please reserch the distributors / marketers your thinking of using. Don't just pick someone and expect them to do as they are told !!

You also need to ensure you do not pick distributors ran by people with old fasioned and poor marketing strategies which worked 20 years ago but are now outdated. The HARD sell just doesn't work these days.

C.O.S .......... Customer Oriented Selling. This is what is needed. Giving the end customer what they want, how they want it, in the quantities they need it in.All this is then given to them WHEN they want it.......... that means LHS having the products to sell and support in the stores!
The profits will come from their (end customer) satisfaction and loyalty to the product and hence the manufacturer, through the dealer and distributor.

It really is not, as serpentd put it, rocket science is it?

British Menace
Good marketing then comes in to let the end customer know all this is available to them
Old 11-06-2007, 12:37 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Why is it that TM have not addressed some on the concerns raised he and posted a reply???

Helloooooooo.....anyone listening from TM that would like to reply?

Nick...Sean.........anyone!
Old 11-06-2007, 02:21 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Lycan
Pattojnr, the G4RS is more of an update to the G4S not the G4+. There are however some unique parts found on the RS which could be used to update the +

The following parts are already on the G4+

Flying Wing Suspension Arms
Front & Rear Quick Change Bulkhead
New High Speed Gear Ratio (ED with plastic pulleys)
New 2 Speed System (Duro)
Adjustable Front & Rear Anti-Roll Bar
New Shock Absorber (LX with different caps)
Lightweight Shock Mount & Carbon Fiber Shock Tower
K Factory Front Universal Joint
K Factory UFO2 Clutch System
K Factory ST Steel Hinge Pin

The unique items to the G4RS are:
Lightweight Narrow 3mm 7075 Chassis (Width 74mm) - Its shorter but doesnt alter the wheelbase of the G4
All New Short Rear End Design - Replacement bumper to go with the chassis
Front Gear Diff
Carbon Fiber X Plate - Tank doesnt attach to this anymore
Quick Release Carbon Fiber Radio Plate - Tank attaches to radio-tray

The only thing I'm not sure about is the Lightweight Engine Mount. Might be different, not sure.

Andrew
Thnks man. im not sure if lighter is better in my case i was severely warned about my cars weight (not mine !) at the nats. i weighed in at 1738 grams with big tires. didnt have small ones as i never took my truer. so to be safe i ran a new set of tires every heat/final.
but will see what happens about a change. have one more race this year provided engines make it back in time from VIC.
Old 11-06-2007, 03:47 PM
Tech Rookie

Why is TM the only company that seems to be coming out with a new car every 3 months makes me wonder if they know what they are doing?
Old 11-06-2007, 05:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by headhunter
Why is TM the only company that seems to be coming out with a new car every 3 months makes me wonder if they know what they are doing?
It sounds to me as though they are in the hole so to speak financialy. Just look at all the R&D etc that they need to cover their costs for. It appears as though they are running their financial side of things out of desperation rather then using a slower, better long term aproach to make profits. This of coarse is my opinion, but with me being in the Mortgage industry for 12 years, I understand finances very well. However I am NO expert or even a novice in terms of Marketing and related issues. Other then the new E4, most of their new products are using about 75-85% of the same parts of previous models. Including the G4 and the M1 buggy. It looks like they are "chomping at the bit" so to speak to generate more revenue by releasing these "updated" kits. If they are in a financial bind of some type, then stress and pressure sets in and it forces them to make radical changes to compensate like putting out ANOTHER car. However, this is NO way to run ANY type of business. It sort of looks like they need or want $$ now!! And they act as though they don't have the time to create a more solid foundation for distributing products. Look at the G4+ for example. An incredible kit for sure, but $650 bucks for a nitro sedan. Come on. They already had most of the parts to build this car just sitting in inventory, so to sell a car with all of these upgrades isn't causing them to necessarily loose money on the kit. But generate More money faster to possibly help support the $$ they spent on developing the E4? The timing was certainly there. I'm just sort of brain storming right now and might be ENTIRELY WRONG. I was just giving it some thought. After all, they carry a lot more products then their cars. Or maybe they did trully want to try a different approach to the RC market compaired to other big names like Serpent, Kyosho etc. But obviously this approach failed over and over. So like I said earlier, don't try and re-invent the wheel and follow suite. It works for the other companies. Then again, maybe they couldn't afford to do it as the other companies. Again I'm just thinking out loud. I would imagine that to start and continue a company of this nature, you need to have a VERY GOOD marketing stradagy. So why is this Marketing thing such an issue??? I mean they are going against the normal everyday marketing stradagies that are found in almost every company world wide, and I'm not only reffering to the RC market. It just has no rhyme or reason. At least not form where we're standing. But there might be something going on behind closed doors that we are just not aware of. Again, I'm just throwing out possibilities and am blowing smoke. It's still so VERY confusing to have so much drama when our common sence sees a way to eliminate all this drama. Who knows??? I honestly don't want to leave the G4*** crue. Lots of killer dudes here along with awesome products. So TM, my advice to you is to hire a NEW marketing team fresh out of collage with a Marketing degree (because they are cheaper then a Vet) and give them a chance to turn your 10 years of stradagy around. I gaurantee it can't hurt at this point. And these Newbies will follow things close to text book Marketing rules. Because A LOT of us want to race your stuff, but to do that we need to be able to BUY IT!!!!!

Everyone that feels they need to comment on my post that's cool. But like I said I am NO marketing pro and don't want to be. So if I am like totally in left field with my thoughts, don't OVER bash me. Because I will hunt you down!

On another note, the G4RS looks pretty sweet. Maybe I will post a pic of my Serpent 720 with the same angles as TM did and we can see any comparisons (or not), along with feeback from you G4+ owners out there so we can disect this car and find out what the new improvments are and why. Doesn't TM usually have a 45 page description of there new stuff anyway? Where is it for this car?? Ok, I'll stop. Sorry for the longwinded post everyone. Later!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.