Search

Team Magic G4

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2007, 02:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by dnitro
BM,

We appreciate your insight.

It just begs the question? Who do we turn to for parts since TMA supplies its retail branch (RacedayHobbies). There are probably still plenty of parts in stock now at the distributor level but who know if those are gonna get pulled out of the retail store. The G4s kit is not even available from Raceday web site anymore. LHS who have been promised TM stock are sol??? And how do you get new LHS to come on board since the TM supply chain has had a bad track record...going back from Trinity, RDLogics, Phoenix, Trinity again, and TMA. Out of 10 lhs in my area, only two carry old G4/Mongoose parts that have been sitting around for a couple of years. None of have any recent orders from recent TM distributors.

It would be sad to see someone like you leave the TM family after all the leg work you've done. But you have to take care of yourself first and find out whats best for you.

Good luck,
Don
You made some great points and some good observations... Not sure where you're located, but in SoCal ever since RDLogics somewhat folded... I have yet to see a current TM product in any of the lhs as well and there are at least 10 not including hobbypeople lol... Ultimate hobbies and Southland hobbies has old Mongoose and G4 Black Magic parts but that's it. That's been since late 2005 and here it is almost 2008, so this problem has been going on for a very long time... 3 yrs... All parties involved since 2005 have dropped the ball in one way or another... Not that the effort was not there by some because it was, it was just not enough and or the effort was put in the wrong place/area. I posted earlier that TM should give there products to a respected RC company that does not have a current nitro on road car of there own for distribution in the US ... Someone posted that wouldn't work for one reason or another... I believe it could with the right effort and negotiations... Anything Trinity/Nitro onroad/and West Coast together will not sell period. You hate to see a decent product not succeed where it could in the US, but if the local drivers can't even get there hands on one... LHS not selling them or supporting them... and sponsored drivers running them for a couple of races and then selling them on Ebay or to the kid down the street... No one ever once to be the lone driver of a RC car at a big event or a even a club race with no factory support or lhs support. Break something that you don't have and/or can't get the part for and you're left looking and ... I don't know if TM can ever recover from this one and again, the problems are not all TM's alone... That would be pointing the finger... .02

RC_Alan
Old 11-01-2007, 05:28 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

The Team Magic car obviously has what it takes to be competitive and to win titles as evidenced by the recent wins throughout Europe and in South America. It has a loyal core of racers who maintain a great comeraderie and are amongst the most helpful users of the online forums both on RCTECH and 3Hobby. However, the overall success of the car has been continually hampered by a lack of marketing and management. With few excepetions, most G4 drivers are left to their own devices and do not enjoy anywhere near the level of support offered to other brand drivers such as Mugen, Kyosho, Xray and Serpent. The recent events in the US are typical of what we have come to expect from TM - great products, terrible marketing. History is littered with examples of inferior products being accepted as the norm due solely to marketing, and likewise superior products die a sad and lonely death in obscurity.
If TM do not get heir house in order and capitalise on the strengths they already enjoy then many more racers will defect to the "leading" brands, and many new racers will never be enticed to invest in their product.
Old 11-01-2007, 06:31 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Teehomo
The Team Magic car obviously has what it takes to be competitive and to win titles as evidenced by the recent wins throughout Europe and in South America. It has a loyal core of racers who maintain a great comeraderie and are amongst the most helpful users of the online forums both on RCTECH and 3Hobby. However, the overall success of the car has been continually hampered by a lack of marketing and management. With few excepetions, most G4 drivers are left to their own devices and do not enjoy anywhere near the level of support offered to other brand drivers such as Mugen, Kyosho, Xray and Serpent. The recent events in the US are typical of what we have come to expect from TM - great products, terrible marketing. History is littered with examples of inferior products being accepted as the norm due solely to marketing, and likewise superior products die a sad and lonely death in obscurity.
If TM do not get heir house in order and capitalise on the strengths they already enjoy then many more racers will defect to the "leading" brands, and many new racers will never be enticed to invest in their product.

Please take note ! TM Sean, TM Edith and all at TM. This guy hits the nail right on the head!! Good luck TM !!

British Menace
Old 11-02-2007, 04:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

does anyone run a pressure chamber on there g4s is it really worth it?
Thanks
Old 11-02-2007, 05:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by aussies1129
Thanks
i have tried them , but i prefer the safety of a long fuel tube length from the pipe to tank. i have had leak issues with my chamber and have seen some come loose. but each to their own.
Old 11-02-2007, 05:29 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by aussies1129
Thanks

i run a pressure chamber on mine and have for 6 month's. i have never had a problem , but i change my fuel tubeing often.. i think it work's well.
Old 11-02-2007, 09:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

is there a forum for the G4RS yet? and if so what are the biggest differences between that ant the g4s and g4+, at $369 I feel like pre-ordering one.

but whats this I hear about raceday not carrying parts anymore ??!?!?1
Old 11-02-2007, 04:49 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

raceday is not carrying parts for team magic. However, i sent TM an email and Nick Ko stated that they will be selling parts in the US. As of when or whom, im not sure
Old 11-02-2007, 07:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

well I can an email
and TM has a diticated store for TM parts for the US now

http://www.rcshopping.com/profra.jsp...2086&proclass=

I think thats their website they spent 2 years trying ot get up

anyways how is this G4RS? is it any good whats the story behind it? is it exactly the same as a G4+?
Old 11-03-2007, 04:48 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by rcrevolution
is there a forum for the G4RS yet? and if so what are the biggest differences between that ant the g4s and g4+, at $369 I feel like pre-ordering one.

but whats this I hear about raceday not carrying parts anymore ??!?!?1
I hope TM with new cars lower CG , better speed ratio like others which follows TM before (N...1)
dreams about g4RS
better than g4-G4evo G4s G4+ with all new platform not only face lift & minor changes!!! go go go TM!!!
Old 11-03-2007, 06:03 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Perez
raceday is not carrying parts for team magic. However, i sent TM an email and Nick Ko stated that they will be selling parts in the US. As of when or whom, im not sure

why does Racedays web site still show TM parts?..
Old 11-03-2007, 09:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

probably clearing their stock.
Old 11-04-2007, 05:00 AM
Tech Regular

that could be......they gotta do somethin with it....
Old 11-05-2007, 03:01 AM
Tech Adept

Thanks British Menace for your insight and answering the question.
Old 11-05-2007, 11:50 PM
Tech Apprentice

Click on the banner to see the pictures of G4RS.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.