Wiki Posts
Search

Team Magic G4

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2007, 08:37 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by FF25510
from TM site :

Team Magic will be releasing its latest 1/10 GP Touring Car, G4RS, soon. This car is specifically made for competition and will take its previous already well performed, 2 times European Champtioin G4 models to the next level.

More information will be officially announced soon.

Team Magic G4RS Features:

Lightweight Narrow 3mm 7075 Chassis (Width 74mm)
All New Short Rear End Design
Flying Wing Suspension Arms
Front & Rear Quick Change Bulkhead
New High Speed Gear Ratio
New 2 Speed System
Adjustable Front & Rear Anti-Roll Bar
Front & Rear Gear Differential
New Shock Absorber
Lightweight Shock Mount & Carbon Fiber Shock Tower
Carbon Fiber X Plate
Quick Release Carbon Fiber Radio Plate
Lightweight Engine Mount
K Factory Front Universal Joint
K Factory UFO2 Clutch System
K Factory ST Steel Hinge Pin
Any spy shots/photos anyone?

RC_Alan
Old 10-26-2007, 09:15 AM
Tech Elite

Default hmm

Originally Posted by rc_alan
Any spy shots/photos anyone?

RC_Alan
why you gettin 1
Old 10-26-2007, 10:14 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by SOLOARTIST 702
why you gettin 1
Naw... I'm rolling 1/8th scale Mugen for the rest of the year and all of 2008... I want to go in a different direction and try something new... Now, if TM aka Nikko gives me a G4RS to drive and test... Well.. but we know that won't happen...

RC_Alan
Old 10-26-2007, 03:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by rc_alan
Naw... I'm rolling 1/8th scale Mugen for the rest of the year and all of 2008... I want to go in a different direction and try something new... Now, if TM aka Nikko gives me a G4RS to drive and test... Well.. but we know that won't happen...

RC_Alan
i will be G4RS Tester
Old 10-26-2007, 03:44 PM
Tech Addict

from the features listed,
the G4RS seems like a 'scaled-down' version of G4+...

wonder whether is G4RS a completely new car design or still using the platform of the G4? and also the pricing?

Old 10-26-2007, 04:21 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by gansei
i will be G4RS Tester
Hi Gansei..

Hope RS everything new.. not from old G4platform not only facelift/ minor changes from old G4

BTW will RS with new lower CG on new diff pulley ?

Thanks...
Old 10-26-2007, 05:46 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by TM America
Hello Racers,

We wish for the racing community to know that TMA Marketing & Distribution has informed Team Magic Model Industrial Co. that we will no longer distribute Team Magic products to dealers in the USA after November 1, 2007.

This has nothing to do with our belief in the quality of the product or how they handle retail customers. It is due to the business standard of ethics in respect to our dealers in the USA. The business standards that TMA Marketing holds and expects from all manufacturers we represent, in respect to protecting and respecting the dealers in the USA, is not being met by Team Magic Model.

TMA Marketing will continue as the exclusive distributor to Team Cobra Racing and a couple others to be announce shortly, and additionally as a distributor to many other high quality manufacturers as well.
That's funny!!! Seemed like that was how you guys got the line from the beginning was it not you who jammed Dennis? Thats what seems to be the rumor. I guess that there is karma here.
Old 10-26-2007, 06:54 PM
Tech Elite

From: One of the longest standing drivers of Team Magic cars.

Please get your business management better. You have some of the best products on the market, but some of the poorest management running the business.

Good business starts from the top, then good filters down all the way.
Time to start a new, or leave U.S completely!

I hope you take note of this as I'm one if not the biggest supporter of TM since you guys started!!

Sincereley yours,

British Menace
from TM site :

Team Magic will be releasing its latest 1/10 GP Touring Car, G4RS, soon. This car is specifically made for competition and will take its previous already well performed, 2 times European Champtioin G4 models to the next level.

New 2 Speed System
New Shock Absorber
Carbon Fiber X Plate
Lightweight Engine Mount
Old 10-26-2007, 08:13 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Well said Menace! TM needs to get their head out of the sand and look at what they are doing here in the US. With no loyality or support from TM towards the distributor no one will ever want to take the risk of importing anything from them. With no one to sell the product how can anyone but the product?
Old 10-27-2007, 04:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

266 plus 25 discount to members and no shipping charge
at tower

good price

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXPNG4&P=ML
Old 10-27-2007, 06:29 PM
Tech Adept

I don't know if it's my browser or if raceday is updating his site, but the g4s is no longer on the raceday hobbies website!!!!
Old 10-28-2007, 12:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

from TM site :

New 2 Speed System
New Shock Absorber
Carbon Fiber X Plate
Lightweight Engine Mount

WTF... Makes having a G4+ worth shit all!

Haven't been on this thread for awhile, just read about TM America/RaceDay pulling the pin on TM. This is not good news, but i think things were on a downwards spiral when they did the dirty on Dennis Richey(Phenix)!

Think this all goes to prove what Zoom has been saying for awhile and to support your LHS & the brand that has the best support at your local track.

My 2 cents... Take care guys

BB
Old 10-28-2007, 12:25 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

[QUOTE=Serpentd;3800238]
Originally Posted by anthony_ling
Guys,
This thread has been a great source of information, I've just got started into nitro R/C with a brand new G4S! I thought I might share some of the issues that I've had...

3... I’ve been unable to find an answer for an engine tuning problem...
the engine is starting, idling and running great for about 5-6min... after running down the main straight flat out the engine wont idle down, for about 4-5 sec or until I blip the throttle.. then it settles down... until I run down the straight again... its idling high enough to engage the clutch and push it (too fast) around the next corner..
I have tried to richen up the low speed, but it doesn't seem to help at all...
and everything that I've found online suggests that leaning the fuel mix will cause a high idle... please help !

QUOTE]

Dude, what you are excperiencing with the high idle can be a bugger to figure out. I think what is going on is that you need to LEAN your low end out and have it idle high. After you lean out the low end, you need to adjust your idle screw to lower the rpm's. I think it's running a high idle right now because of TOO much fuel it's trying to burn off. So when you lean it, It won't have this extra fuel so to speak and all you have to do is lower your idle after you get it to run a steady higher idle. Once you have a steady HIGH idle, lower the idle screw. This is tricky because it can go one way or the other. So instead of going rich on the low end, go lean. It should stay at a high idle as I mentioned and then just adjust your idle down with the idle screw. You may need to richen the top a bit to compensate for this. Just make sure you don't do more then 1/8th of a turn at a time when your leaning the low end. Lean it out and take a lap or two. And keep leaning it until you do get a steady higher rpm. Make sure your engine is up to temp before you start adjusting stuff though. Try that and see how it goes. I think you'll find that you've been running too rich on the bottom this whole time. Good luck bro! Let us know your findings. Later!

Thanks Serpentd, it was the low speed too rich... after leaning it off 1/4 turn, then lowering the idle it was sweet...

I had a great second race meeting last night.. I got some good laps in and got my best lap time down from 30sec to 23sec.. (regular guys are doing it in 20sec) I made it thru the 3 heats with a couple flame outs during crashes flips etc.. after putting the idle up a little it was strong... (thanks Andrew for helping out) I made it into the final (20mins long) was putting in some consistent laps, but when I came in for fuel for the second time... as I drove out of the Pits the car runaway!!
it went about 3 meters on tarmac... then luckily onto grass... where it didn't pickup too much speed.. it got up to about 30km/h before hitting the fence... no major damage... just some chucked out tires... pinion gear was a little worn... + some body damage

(nothing like gansei's runaway...)

I’m pretty sure that its the receiver... earlier in the day the servos would play up when the engine had about 1/8th throttle... (due to interference)
after this runaway.. I range tested the radio.. after 3m away the servos would go mad... about 4m away.. the throttle servo stuck open !!!
perhaps the antenna connection is bad in the receiver..
Old 10-28-2007, 04:03 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Bundy_Bear
WTF... Makes having a G4+ worth shit all!

Haven't been on this thread for awhile, just read about TM America/RaceDay pulling the pin on TM. This is not good news, but i think things were on a downwards spiral when they did the dirty on Dennis Richey(Phenix)!

Think this all goes to prove what Zoom has been saying for awhile and to support your LHS & the brand that has the best support at your local track.

My 2 cents... Take care guys

BB

Actually what's happened with TM?
They sell direct to end user? or how this happened?
Old 10-28-2007, 07:47 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default korea national race

it was the worst race to me.

i start race with glitch, end race with glitch..

i could not use spektrum.

spektrum(2.4G) is illegal in korea.

but there are no way to fix glitch... (my M11 module and receiver are maybe out of order)

so i used spektrum secretly.. But i was found out using 2.4G by national race inspector.

and my heat record was deleted.

so i lend 3PK transmitter from my RC friend.

finally i could race only 2 heats... from total 5 heats
(one of 2 heats.. my 2nd spur gear was broken)

i finished 15th lank in heats

i joined semi-final..

But.. suddenly..rain was fall..

i had not sufficient time to prepare for wet race..
(i cound not prepare receiver waterproof)

finally... my G4S was broken by glitch (wet receiver) in middle of semi-final.
(before retire.. i ranked 2nd position)

in main final (15 minutes)..

1st ranks(NT1, much-more, Lee-Ryan) run 23 laps
2nd ranks(720) run 4 laps
3rd ranks(RRR) run 3 laps

9 drivers was all retired..

only 1 drivers could finish main final race.

korean driver had no experience for wet race..

most of race was cancelled when raining..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.