Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Magic G4

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2007, 03:59 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Pattojnr
when i do mine, i fill them all the way up, screw the cap on, then just before the bladder seals it i push the shaft 3/4 the way up, this bleeds any excess air and oil out and seems to give a nice consistent build between shocks, hope this helps ?
so...does it matter where the shaft position is?

anybody tried different positions and see any difference in shocks performance?
Old 12-10-2007, 05:34 AM
Tech Regular

i'm not sure it matters ,but you want ot try to remove all the air trapped inside before tightening top.so all shock's have similar rebound...afterwards..
Old 12-10-2007, 08:42 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default ready to run

my G4RS is ready to run..

just finished construction..

i will update construction photo soon..
Attached Thumbnails Team Magic G4-sany0040.jpg   Team Magic G4-sany0050.jpg  
Old 12-10-2007, 12:12 PM
Tech Regular

We thank the racers for the kind words given to us for Raceday Hobbies and our distribution company as well. We appreciate it very much. We actually have ton's of customers all over the world and have been supporting them for over 4 years. We bent over backwards to make sure they always received everything they order and we filled over 98% of our orders totally. It actually upset me if i could fill one item. As a racer I know that one item can mean the difference between racing this weekend and or not. Our enf point was the give the customer the best prices and the best service than anyone elase would do and have a deeper inventory than anyone else did. Yers ome call it dead inventory, but if your need that odd ball piece today that no one else has, it it a dead item to you? Not is it or has it ever been at Raceday.
We continue now with Serpent of our 1.10th car and our own 1:8th car coming soon!

I understand if someone is let go from a position, even because the position was eliminated, that they still could hold some personal feelings. I am not sure that talking about here reflects or portraits the image that one would want. I don't hold any grudges, and life is all good to me. I know the person ane when the snow melts and racing begines he will be an asset to what ever car he runs.

We were proud that our distributorship took the stand we did for our dealers. Yes it did hurt the enduser, but in this industry, even as I was warned from Dennis Richey, there is always someone in the wings who would think it will be different for them. I was in a position that I said to our dealers that no company we would represent and service to them would undermine their business(es). I kept my promise and I sleep very well. It would not make any sense for Raceday Hobbies to continue dealing with this customer either.

We have 3 fantastic companies now, one even owned by racers and products developed by racers!, and these companies are end user ( racers ) consicious. They know that to make sure to get their quality product to the racer that you must take care of the dealer and be honest all the time with the distributor. We represent these companies with a smile on our face, our entusiasm for all of them makes work fun everyday now!

If Speedworld, Billy Bowerman, decides to take on Team Magic he will be a good source for you guys. I am sure he will develop an inventory to help support most of your needs in a timely manner. I have not heard that he has but do know he had somewhat of an interest.

But I hope my new Sepent 720 '08 powered by my Novarossi Engine, even with me driving, will pass up some of you guys next year!!!

Everyone have a super Holiday and may God bless you and all of your families
Old 12-10-2007, 12:18 PM
Tech Regular

opps, some spelling errors in the beginning there, should have gone back and proof what I wrote, but the idea is still there... hehe
Old 12-10-2007, 02:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gansei
my G4RS is ready to run..

just finished construction..

i will update construction photo soon..
Hi Gansei, you are definately the number one dedicated TM racer its unbelieveable to see that you put the g4rs together so soon if that happend to me my wife would kill me.heheh. look forward to your reports on the g4rs.
cheers
Old 12-11-2007, 01:42 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Gansei:

Thanks for the build reports... The car looks good, i see they have carried over the gold turn buckles from the G4+.

You got a bit done in a short period of time, or did you steal the radio tray from the G4S

H_O
Old 12-11-2007, 11:32 AM
Tech Addict

Hey Billy how are you ????

I do believe in Karma

Mike
Old 12-11-2007, 12:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by aussies1129
Hi Gansei, you are definately the number one dedicated TM racer its unbelieveable to see that you put the g4rs together so soon if that happend to me my wife would kill me.heheh. look forward to your reports on the g4rs.
cheers
I agree with aussies1129 about Gansei being on top of his cars! I know he just cranks some Metallica in the background and gets to work.

As far as you Aussies1129,if your wife would kill you for spending time with your hobby, then you need a new wife. I'm joking of coarse, but I will tell you I went into a relationship about 8 or 9 years ago and got married letting her know that my RC was VERY important to me and never miss lead her on the time I spent with my RC. Well she understood for about a year, maybe a little more after we were married. Then she confronted me about what she thought was a problem...my time I spent on rc. Mostly racing, rebuilding my cars and doing a lot of custom airbrushing. I tried to comprimise some, but not that much as I already told her what I was into. So she left me because of it and we had a 6 month old baby together when she left. Not cool. But then I got remarried 1.5 years ago and haven't even been questioned once about my time spent on RC. I didn't change a thing, just found the right person. I am lucky to have a very supportive wife. So supportive that she insisted I go to the Capital Classic race going on during our first wedding aniversity. I told her, absolutely not and she said that "this is what you love to do so much, so go and have fun!" She even said that we'll have plenty of anniversaries so don't worrry about it. So I did just that and went to the race and had a blast. I wish that a lot the wives and girlfriends would/could be as supportive as my wife is and trully see how important our RC can be to us. Relationships are always a compromise for both parties up to a point. WOW, sorry about me getting of the subject here guys. I guess I heard that statement one to many times about "My wife would kill me" thing. And please don't think I'm dissing on your wife aussies1129. I would NEVER do such a thing. I don't even know how serious you were about what you said. I was just sharing my story is all. Hope you understand and don't take it personal, because it's not directed towards you by any means. I'll shut up now.

Anyway...Gansei, the cars are looking good as usuall. Keep us updated on the RS compaired to the G4S. Should we make the change or not?? The G4S is still an AWESOME car bro.
Old 12-11-2007, 12:44 PM
Tech Master

TM America I am only a dealer, I buy from a local so called the newest Distributor about 10 miles from me house, which I question. I do it for the racers.

Hello Mike I hope you are doing fine. Congratulations on you last race wins; I would not expect anything less.LOL If anybody knows about karma, it would be you. You have been one of the best in this industry longer than anybody today and have dealt with good and the ugly. My hats of to you for being so calm and not so out spoken at times. Keep up the outstanding racing carrier; you are legend in this industry. I would really like for you one day count the wins, National victoies and send that info to me please, I am so curios about those numbers. I write a monthly articles with all types of information for my customers @ SpeedWorld and I always put some past information that racers would like to know about.

nice to hear from you, Billy
Old 12-11-2007, 05:10 PM
Tech Adept

Serpentd,

I like your post. You have a smart wife
Old 12-11-2007, 05:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by nickko
Serpentd,

I like your post. You have a smart wife
Dude, thanks man! I appreciate that, I'll let her know what you said.
Old 12-11-2007, 08:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default G4RS Construction

G4RS Construction!!

default front Diff , no receiver battery included..

front top bumper, rear bumper changed

diff shaft O-ling added, diff joint-cup, gasket changed.

shock changed, Plastic ED mission, seperate engine mount,

steel clutch bell, flywheel changed, UFO2 clutch system.

rear stebil shaft changed. upper deck changed(fuel tank holder included)

slim chassis changed.

Old 12-11-2007, 08:27 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by YLLIB
Hello BUCKNUTS: First, Sam is one of the nicest guys you ever will meet. I have known Sam for 10 or so years. TM just has very poor business plans in the USA and wrong choices over the years, but make GREAT products. The TM owners are the one of nicest group of manufacture racers around and TM has to remember that. It just seems they need to focus on their business plan and they haven't. All TM is really doing is making it difficult for their TM club support racers to receive product and all they are really doing at this time is pushing some of their loyal customers to other products. I have spoke with Sean and Nick from TM over the last year many times and they are very nice people. We will see what is next for TM

This statement is not in anyway bashing TM, just keeping it simple to understand and hope they listen and can start seriously working on the market differently and think about their present and new future customers.
You know; most people probably come off as nice people (including the insane, criminals, CEOs, etc.) In the end it's not what's said that matters, it's what happens. Another year, another TM US source..

Last edited by bucknuts; 12-11-2007 at 08:48 PM.
Old 12-11-2007, 09:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Hi Guys i just put the new
rear sway bar on and I have a few questions,
in the booklet that the kit came with it said the turn buckles should be 50.7mm is this correct cause thats nearly to the end of the threads???
also where and how many spacers do you put on the pins and which hole does the pins go in as there are two on the new bulkheads??I have also found the arms are on a positive droop or nearly level with the chassis should I shift the shocks to the other hole on the arms??Also the universal are not as far into the diff as before how do I get them in further.
cheers
Michael

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.