Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

BMI Racing Discussions

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2005, 07:02 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Jason-I just got back frm a race in Wisconsin at Trackside and I am not kidding when I say that there were so many BMI chassi at that race-UNREAL!!! my buddy Billy Sydor looked on rails all day with his BMI FK05. he put it in the A and fiished well. Truly-that was one hooked up FK05!! Great job on another great kit.

Ray
Old 07-31-2005, 07:24 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

sweet paul,i will give you a ring tommorow bro

thats awesome ray.i like to hear about the volume of BMI chassis at the big races. All i ever do is see the high volume of chassis shipping every day and try to make sure they keep going out.i never get to really see them all in one place.the snowbirds was the first eyeopener for me.BMI is growing alot faster than i ever imagined.

Congrats billy on an excelent run dude.i gotta get to some of these big races sometime.i had a great time at the snowbirds.just wish i was racing in it.
Old 07-31-2005, 08:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default ray

what up ray your buddy sydor is the one who beat me by 2 tenths of a second to but me at 1st in the B. well glad to see that it was another bmi racer
Old 07-31-2005, 08:12 PM
Tech Lord

hey goop,give me a ring tommorow,i didnt get a chance to call you back.i had a ton of calls to return today and i was out all evening.
Old 08-01-2005, 03:43 AM
Tech Initiate

Hi Jason, just wondering if you still would do the standard tc3 blue 2mm upper decks? As I have from what I can gather the 3mm solid team edition upper deck. And as I race on med grip asphalt with still some traction problems, I'm wondering if the chassis is simply to stiff for my tracks?
I'm also wondering if I can get the stand off posts that come from between the upper deck and the gearbox housings? If so could you give me price of each please?, I would also need it shipped to Queensland Australia. Thanks heaps hope to here from u soon.
Old 08-01-2005, 04:13 AM
Tech Lord

hey buddy,
i have 2mm top decks for the tc3 left in black only unfortunately.i will check on the side standoffs today.if i have em i will send em both to you for 10 bucks plus the shipping.i will let you know if i have them this evening.
Old 08-01-2005, 04:17 AM
Tech Initiate

You the man Jason ,Wait to here from u
Old 08-01-2005, 04:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (96%+)

Originally Posted by rs911
Hi Jason, just wondering if you still would do the standard tc3 blue 2mm upper decks? As I have from what I can gather the 3mm solid team edition upper deck. And as I race on med grip asphalt with still some traction problems, I'm wondering if the chassis is simply to stiff for my tracks?
I'm also wondering if I can get the stand off posts that come from between the upper deck and the gearbox housings? If so could you give me price of each please?, I would also need it shipped to Queensland Australia. Thanks heaps hope to here from u soon.
Doesnt the BMI chassis have adjustability in the chassis stiffness?
Old 08-01-2005, 06:33 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Jason you have PM.

Thanks
Bob
Old 08-01-2005, 06:45 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by teamgp
...Therefore I'd highly recommend the camber link mounting positions & shims in the setup below for the BMI chassis.
I forgot to mention that the camber link settings will only work if you also use 4.5d caster and 2d in-board toe-out. I achieve 4.5d caster by using 6d c-hubs with 1.5d anti-dive. But 4.5d c-hubs and flat arms or 3d c-hubs and 1.5d pro-dive combinations will work as well. The in-board toe-out is accomplished by using 2mm shims in between the forward hinge pin holders of the front arms and the bulkheads (similar to how you adjust rear toe-in, but in reverse).

The overall effects on the front end with .5d static camber are:

* On corner entry: as the wheels are turned partially and the front end compresses with a bias towards the outside wheel, the outer wheel hub will gain just enough negative camber to maintain approximately -2d camber to counteract the positive camber from the tire/rim flexing under side load.
* Mid corner: as the wheels turn to full lock, the inside wheel raises up and the outside wheel maintains its compression, the outer wheel hubs camber doesn't change, but the inside wheels camber changes to approx +1d. Now both front wheels are leaning into the corner with near maximum contact patches.
* Corner exit: as the wheels are close to or at full lock on-power (to keep from swinging wide), the outside wheel raises up slightly and the inside wheel raises up to its downstop, the outer wheel hubs negative camber reduces slightly to -1d, and the inside wheels camber stays the same. This allows the inside wheel to continue to lean into the corner with positive camber and maintain a wide contact patch as it is now pulling the car out of the corner.
* Down the straight: as the wheels are lifting up to their downstops under acceleration, and without any side load, the outer wheels negative camber reduces further to 0d and the inside wheels positive camber reduces to 0d. This ensures wide contact patches on both wheels down the straight allowing it to track true.
* Braking: with both front hubs changing camber to keep their tires flat throughout the different phases of the corner, they will further resist locking up on braking if used.
Old 08-01-2005, 09:33 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by rcracenut
Doesnt the BMI chassis have adjustability in the chassis stiffness?

yes it does buddy.you can take out the center support to add flex or to go even further,remove the side standoffs.
Old 08-01-2005, 09:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (96%+)

Thanks. My son and I are just starting in the Foam class and need to improve the TC4s we have. I am looking at the BMI chassis. I know Sabotka praises it and that holds alot of water with us.
Old 08-01-2005, 11:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Jason thanks for bending backwards for me....

I can't wait to get my TC4 chasis.

Now all I need are those shock towers.
Old 08-01-2005, 05:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Sup Jason...More testing today and it's even better
Old 08-01-2005, 07:09 PM
Tech Lord

thats awesome bro.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.