Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

BMI Racing Discussions

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2005, 08:32 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hey jason,how are you?This is AL from jersey.I need two of those mounts asap.Also wandering if any diffs(outdrives) are in the works?Going to vegas and need some parts.Heres my list ,carbon fiber shock towers,steering
rack with no play,spacers to mount shocks in line.

AL

PS:I'll call you.
Old 08-01-2005, 10:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Delrin diff outdrives...

with collars! Get in line, everyone needs 'em.
Old 08-02-2005, 12:20 AM
Tech Initiate

Hi guys , just to let you know I have been using the car without the centre support, and it seemed to make a little difference, but I hadn't tried removing the outside posts as I was unsure if this would make the car too weak in the gearbox mounts area in the likely hood of a big crash?
Which can happen, we all end up in the wrong place at the wrong time sometimes, dont we! Anyway I noticed after going through the first 20-30 pages of this thread that the car originally had the other upper deck, And not to sound like I'm winging, but I've had this for 6 mths now and still can't get this car quite right. Don't get me wrong I love this car, and do see it as an improvment over the original chassis , which I had some great success with, but finding that great setup with this car is still illuding me! I've tried lots of different setups( aka; Barry Baker etc.) but still the car is not right.Jason if u have those parts could you let me know as soon as possible so we can arrange something. bye for now from Brisbane ,Queensland Australia.
Old 08-02-2005, 12:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Are you refering to the BMI TC-3?...if so,what exactly is it doing?......what surface again,and what class are you running it in?
Old 08-02-2005, 02:44 AM
Tech Regular

Just thougt I would try one more post - since no one has answered my previous post -does anybody have any BMI front bumper braces in black - or can anybody make me a couple - for the TC3 - I need 3
Old 08-02-2005, 05:23 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Got my kit together last night and I must say it lives up to the hype!!! I have one question though. Was the kit supposed to include the stand offs for the middle of the chassis (between upper and lower decks). Also I noticed there were a set of holes located just in front of the steering rack. At the risk of sounding like an idiot, what are they for?
Old 08-02-2005, 05:36 AM
Tech Master

The BMI TC4 kit comes with holes ready for the various steering options - TC4, TC3 and NTC3. Good idea.

As far as I know there are no central stand offs supplied. I am thinking of trying a backbone like the FT has, though i have to say there doesn't seem much wrong with the standard BMI kit. But I suppose it's worth a try.

The most vital improvement, in my opinion will be the revised motor mount.
Old 08-02-2005, 06:14 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Your right good Idea for the steering rack setups.

Ok so the standard kit has no center standoff. That is all I wanted to know. And I agree about the motor mount. I cant wait for that.

Now I just need to find a way to get some track time!!!
Old 08-02-2005, 06:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Bob B.

Hi,

John Bull Is right. the extra holes are for the TC3 slider rack. also you can uas e a modded Nitro TC3 nitro rack in the same holes your using the TC4 rack. just go to the URL in my sig. the modded rack works better on carpet/foams.
Old 08-02-2005, 11:52 PM
Tech Initiate

Hi Joe,
The car is a BMItc3. I race mainly 19 turn and mod and sometimes stock.
We race mainly on rubbers( eg; Sorex 28- 36) to be honest I haven't even put a set of foams on the car yet to have a run . Mainly I have a issue with the car cornering ,it seems that mid corner it continues to break loose on the rear causing it to come around on it self. Now before you start I know mod can break loose sometimes as well, but this seems more like a tweak problem, and the only thing I can find is that the short standoffs when tightened up seem to tweak it . Thats why I'm after another set of them and the 2mm standard upper deck just to see if it improves the car. As I said I've tried alot of my old setups and other setups suggested and it's still unpridictable. Don't get me wrong the car is bloody fast and turns well just cant get the rear right. And when it slides its only either left or right not both on the same night. Anyway have to fly so I cant write my current setup down at the moment . Thanks for the response any advice would be great, And Jason have you still got those parts, a response would be appreciated.
Bye 4 now Karl R.
Old 08-02-2005, 11:56 PM
Tech Initiate

The surface is med to high traction asphalt on purpose built tracks and carpark tracks, sorry I left that out!
Old 08-03-2005, 12:21 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

rs911

I still run 2 BMI TC3s on carpet and asphalt. I have both the 2mm and 3mm upper decks. I found when I run the 3 mm upper deck my suspension is setup way stiffer than with the 2mm deck. With the 2mm deck I could use more of my tub chassis setups. Both of my TC3s run the 3mm upper deck now. Also, I found the cars to be way more consistent with all posts and braces on the chassis. I'll dig up some setup sheets that have and I'll pm ya tomorrow.
Old 08-03-2005, 12:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I noticed on your site that you offer the TC3 chasis in different colors. Do you offer the TC4 chasis in different colors? Am considering a T1FK05 but if I could get a red TC4 then I may change my mind
Old 08-03-2005, 01:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hi Karl.....yea the 2mm upper deck is worth the try for a little extra grip.........the small little aluminum standoffs your refering to, im sure are the exact same size as eachother but, measure them anyway...it's more likely the plastic molded lower transmission housing that they attach to that could be higher on one side than the other causing a tweak.. are you putting the car on a tweekstation? and is it truely tweaked or just acting like a tweak?......after those are ruled out, try running rear antisquat if your not already..The R/3/2 block.. always helped my TC-3 drasticly with on power traction while cornering.......also try lengthening the inside rear camberlink if it's not already......and (super important) make sure the rear diff's DIFF action has super lite resistance and that it's smooth....some people don't agree with this next thing but Im always fastest with it this way...you can also add a super super slight amount of diff slipp just so the rear wont be quite as quick to break traction for the split second that you come back on power comming out of the corner, In my opinion, shaft drive cars running mod and even quick 19 turns, are always gonna take more of a delicate throttle finger right at the apex of a turn(less cushion)........post your existing set-up when you get time......good luck.........Joe
Old 08-03-2005, 01:11 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by jamescam
I noticed on your site that you offer the TC3 chasis in different colors. Do you offer the TC4 chasis in different colors? Am considering a T1FK05 but if I could get a red TC4 then I may change my mind
I'd stay with the TC4 even if it was sh1t brown.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.