Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

BMI Racing Discussions

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2005, 10:27 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi guys,

Just wanted to let you know that I received BMI TC4 chassis kit yesterday from Jason and tested it in our local track today.. Must say that the car feels brilliant, its planted and very consistent all 5 mins.

I'm using exactly the same setup that I had on my TC4 tub chassis..

Quality is second to none, now let's see if I can keep my lead in our national Pro-Stock (17 turn limit) series to the end..
Old 08-03-2005, 10:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

While sh1t brown is my 2nd favorite color, still curious as whether BMI makes a colored TC4 chasis. Noticed the red TC3 chasis on their site and got excited.
Old 08-03-2005, 11:05 AM
Tech Fanatic

Ok after a little break im about ready to get back in. I never really got the tc4 to work the way i wanted and would like to use it for racing stock. I already had the Bomber shaft and would like to build a very light car. obviously this forum will be a little biased, but i dont really want to drop a couple hundred for the conversion when it comes out. I have read about some of the differences in this chassis but does anybody know how it compares to the 3 racing one? Also is the chassis going to include the new motor mount anytime soon? basically i just want somebody to convince me this is the chassis for me.
Old 08-03-2005, 11:07 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Jason does a Black, Titanium and satin black chassis for the TC4
Old 08-03-2005, 11:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Jason- Lost your email addy bro, need to send u one. Call us up later!
Old 08-03-2005, 12:50 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default MI2 BMI Chassis

Been thinking about getting one of these for a while now but want to know what the benefits would be over the standard S1 chassis. What effects would I see on the track? Need some advice on either getting the BMI chassis or the Teemu one. Had a BMI TC3 and loved it but there was a huge difference between the TC3 stock chassis and the BMI one, not sure of the differences between them for the MI2 though. All thoughts and setups greatfully received

Paul
Old 08-03-2005, 12:53 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

As someone who ran a MI2 for years I can tell you that the BMI chassis is a huge improvement over the stock chassis. The Teemu chassis is good too but Im not sure as to what they changed except that the batteries were moved. I would highly reccomend the BMi2.
Old 08-03-2005, 01:01 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mutley001
Been thinking about getting one of these for a while now but want to know what the benefits would be over the standard S1 chassis. What effects would I see on the track? Need some advice on either getting the BMI chassis or the Teemu one. Had a BMI TC3 and loved it but there was a huge difference between the TC3 stock chassis and the BMI one, not sure of the differences between them for the MI2 though. All thoughts and setups greatfully received

Paul
The BMi2 is MUCH stiffer than the S1 or even the stock 2mm carbon fiber chassis. Also the batteries are moved inward and farther forward. The car reacts much better. The stiffer chassis allows the suspension to work properly. It will react quicker and it changes directions much better. If you're running on asphalt, I'd recommend getting the higher flex top deck. The solid, stiffer deck is more for carpet and super high bite tracks. The more flexible deck will give a little more for lower grip applications.
Old 08-03-2005, 02:58 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

hey guys,i will explain the changes i made to the Mi2 and the TC4.

TC4:i moved the batteries for optimum weight transfer front to rear and left to right,i corrected the steering geometry by changing the position of the steering rack,i allow for the use of the old tc3 rack and also a standard mount nitro rack.i narrowed the car from both sides instead of just the battery side(the tub chassis is only narrowed from the battery side off the centerline as compared to the TC3 stock tub)giving you the same overall width but at the same time being symetrical.the kit allows for the use of strapping tape for the batteries or the use of the included battery stra and a pocket it milled under the batteries on the bottom of the chassis to allow the tape to lay below the chassis surface and eliminate scrubbing or breaking.last but not least,i drilled holes in 4 points of the chassis for balancing your car front to rear and left to right.

Mi2: the chassis is 5/8 of an inch more narrow than stock,the batteries are also moved to the optimum location,cooling vents were cut into the chassis for the motor and the chassis is pocketed instead of a through cutout under the motor to increase torsional strength.the chassis will also accept tape or the battery strap and the top deck has closed front end rear walls instead of open like the stock top deck.this will help against tweak issues.

All of my kits are made from the highest quality quasi isotropic carbon fiber and in some cases a high modulous quasi isotropic carbon fiber.all the battery slots are beveled and all pockets and edges have all the edges beveled but not as deep.thanks for your interest.let me know if i missed anything.
Old 08-03-2005, 03:04 PM
Tech Lord

for exact dimensions, reasoning for doing so,and how they were achieved,please PM me for details.i cannot publicly post this information anymore.
Old 08-03-2005, 03:05 PM
Tech Elite

Jason-Email sent from dad for you!
Old 08-03-2005, 03:33 PM
Tech Lord

got it bro.images didnt come through though
Old 08-03-2005, 03:57 PM
Tech Elite

I will resend in a jpeg format when i get home tonight. I sent them in a png format to keep them ultra clear, but obviously the computer didnt like that!
Old 08-03-2005, 04:12 PM
Tech Elite

I just checked for you Jason, use quick time picture viewer or image viewer, should open for u now.
Old 08-03-2005, 04:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

No more posting until your website is complete!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.