Like Tree1Likes

BMI Racing Discussions

Old 10-06-2003, 06:53 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default B.M.I. Racing joins the electric circuit

Hey guys,i just want to let you guys know about the new electric chassis from B.M.I. Racing that is about to hit the market.it is carbon fiber chassis kit w/ upper brace for your tc3.kit comes with all necessary hardware for assembly.if you are familiar with B.M.I. Racing then you already know that we only put out quality products that work.i will be posting pics as soon as i finish the run.
the kit will be available in standard color carbon fiber and in blue.any other colors can be done on special order but the cost will be slightly higher.chassis kits will be $99.99 including chassis,top deck,standoffs ,motormount,ect.a race package is available FT TC3 with chassis kit for $389.99.we will have a rtr kit available by mid october.if you have seen our nitro tc3 chassis you will see that we only put out the finest most effective products.thanks for your time.
jay
Old 10-06-2003, 08:48 PM
Tech Elite

another warpspeed wanna be. i have the d-1 and d-2 what does this car have thats different than the demons.
Old 10-06-2003, 09:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default tc3 chassis

What is going to be different about it. Are you putting the batteries on the other side? I am really starting to nitice the tourqe steer now that I have changed everything over to carbon.
Old 10-06-2003, 09:38 PM
Tech Elite

some how even with a modified i have never felt the torque steer ii tend to trim the car so it wont on the tub car but on the demon car there is no torque steer!
Old 10-07-2003, 03:20 AM
Tech Lord

i am not here to knock the demon cars,i am friends with victor and actually helped him develope it.it is not going to be like anyone elses chassis.please dont fire at me like im trying to do something evil.im just trying to finally put something out there that actually works.work with me and you will see the differences between my products and what erveryone else has
Old 10-07-2003, 08:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default When

So when will you show us a proto-type?
I've been thru a Graphite chassis milled to the max- liked it
I'm in the process of testing my Demon-wait and see.

I'm hooked with the TC3, its like being married to it, hehehehe. Having another chassis is a welcome to TC3 fanatic like me. I must admit, I'm more of "for show" than "go", but who knows, I might get better along the way.

So don't you make us wait any longer, and christmas is just around the corner- and it maybe on the list of Us tc3 loyalists.

Peace, Goodluck and More power!
Old 10-07-2003, 12:33 PM
Tech Elite

i am not knocking you just want to see how yours can be different. i have a d-1 and waiting for my d-2 the car works really good how can you improve on victors other rhan cosmetically!
Old 10-07-2003, 01:47 PM
Tech Lord

thanks for working with me guys,the prototype should be ready within the week,i got hit with the flu which slowed me up.i will get pics for everyone within about a week.also the d1 and d2 are great chassis,mine is just different.yes,its alot of cosmetics but at the same time i am defeating all of the problems with the car.unlike the warp chassis i went with the standard by keeping the batteries on the same side.BUT i moved them to where they should be.i did alot of testing,i moved the batteries where i felt they needed to be,yes closer to the driveshaft but...i cant give away all the secrets yet,i can tell you that it is very light,very stiff and very pretty.im not looking to make a killing on it that is why the price is alot lower than everyone elses.i do all the engineering and machining myself.i own a 12,000 sq. ft. shop loaded with all the latest cnc milling ,turning,punching,welding,anything i need to do.i am an engineer and machinist of 15 years and have alot to offer you guys.i am looking foward to doing business with you guys and i will have some pics up here real soon,i will post a pic of the chassis without the brace some time today.thank you for posting on my thread.

jay
Old 10-07-2003, 01:52 PM
Tech Lord

also ,tourqe steer is caused by chassis flex.also placement of the motor.shaft drive cars are notorious for tourqe steer.the way to stop it is a stiff chassis and good placement of the motor.i managed to eliminate tourqe steer in the nitro car,that was hard.this is a walk in the park.trust me guys.this thing will work
Old 10-07-2003, 02:08 PM
Tech Adept

Well, I must say I am interested in seeing what you have to offer

*patiently awaits for some pics to be posted*
Old 10-07-2003, 03:10 PM
Tech Lord

well guys,this is the only pic i have so far.it is from last weekend.the material used for the chassis was only for prototype.
it will be offered in blue and standard carbon fiber.the upper level brace has been completed but no pics yet.beside it is my nitro chassis milled from a solid 1 inch x5 inch x 13 1/4 inch block of aluminum.it is all 1 piece.it is stiffer ,lighter,and has a lower center of gravity than stock.due to rigid design,i eliminated the radio tray.did i mention lighter

Last edited by protc3; 10-07-2003 at 03:19 PM.
Old 10-07-2003, 03:11 PM
Tech Lord

sorry guys that was predetor vision.ill do again
Old 10-07-2003, 03:16 PM
Tech Lord

again
Attached Thumbnails BMI Racing Discussions-p8180042.jpg  
Old 10-07-2003, 03:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Thumbs up

yup, more power to ya. i am not a tc3 driver...yet...but i am wondering when one of these conversion kits will include full aluminum bulkheads like the baracuda? i got to play with the yok sd car and i can see that a ton of flex is a result of the actual bulkheads, or gearcases, flexing. it's not an issue unless you use a top deck

no doubt that the tc3 is a vicious car in the right hands. from an engineering standpoint, what are the advantages to the classic double deck chassis over the tub? the top deck raises the cg, and will be subject to tweak issues over the tub. at least if the tub tweaks, you can adjust and forget it. the twin plates don't always tweak out the same direction or magnitude. I know that weight is not an issue with the tub as many racers are able to get to <50 oz w/o much work. and everyone and their brother has milled them out the get the batteries to the centerline. while i wish anyone who is creative enough to bring something new to the market much sucess, i am curious to what the reason will be for the success.

good luck the price is right.
Old 10-07-2003, 03:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Looks like it could be a nice chassis. Lets see how it ranks up to a Demon , hopefully it'll be good.

Last edited by Brian McGreevy; 10-07-2003 at 03:53 PM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.