Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

BMI Racing Discussions

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2005, 04:34 PM
Regional Moderator

Good run today from Jason and Joe B. in 1/12th scale at B&B Hobbies. I still need to put my car(s) back together !!
Old 05-15-2005, 05:30 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

raving-monkey,
i will be cutting them this week and should be able to ship out by friday.

toni,
nice run today.1/12th is fun isnt it?
now i gotta get all you guys into the BMI Conversion. i will get with you when i get the next batch cut.

it was alot of fun today.joe and i had one hell of a race going.he is fast and smoothe.everytime we were battling i seemed to find myself pushing the car to the limits to catch him or keep ahead.nerves were shot after 8 minutes of that.
nice to see all the BMI cars out there.
Old 05-15-2005, 05:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

jason:you got a pm
Old 05-15-2005, 05:37 PM
Tech Addict

Jason,

Good day of racing up here today too. 4th through 9th in the A were separated by 3.5 seconds. Some really close racing in 19T. In turn 1, I jumped from 8th to 4th and something weird happened. Before I could blink the car flipped through the air and nailed the brick wall at the end of the track. I checked out the car real quick and I broke a body mount and lost 2 body clips. 44 seconds later I was back on and the car was great. Just can't wait for a new addition to my rc car family to make it better.

The top 3 finishers were Cyrul, Barry Z, and Dave Johnson. Then all of us normal humans behind them.

Tim
Old 05-16-2005, 01:47 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by protc3
raving-monkey,

toni,
now i gotta get all you guys into the BMI Conversion. i will get with you when i get the next batch cut.

it was alot of fun today.joe and i had one hell of a race going.he is fast and smoothe.everytime we were battling i seemed to find myself pushing the car to the limits to catch him or keep ahead.nerves were shot after 8 minutes of that.
nice to see all the BMI cars out there.
Thanks, Jason. I think I have a new addiction. lol. I think I'm going to start running the same setup as my mom, but other than that, the car was dialed - meaning it'll be super dialed w/the BMI chassis watch out, I'm catching up.
Old 05-16-2005, 02:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Yea guys that was alot of fun on sunday.......now if only I could get a body on that 1/12 scale car that wouldn't pop up in the front and cause me to take air ........good racing guys
Old 05-17-2005, 02:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Sunday was a blast!!!

Toni's is graduating tonight at Tropicana Field! YAAAAAHHOOOOO!
Old 05-17-2005, 03:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally posted by protc3
raving-monkey,

toni,
Me too!!!
Old 05-17-2005, 07:32 PM
Tech Adept

hey jason, got the xray conversion today, went together great and is way more rigid than the origional, looks great......... ill get some pics on here soon
Old 05-17-2005, 07:32 PM
Tech Adept

hey jason, got the xray conversion today, went together great and is way more rigid than the origional, looks great......... ill get some pics on here soon
Old 05-17-2005, 08:07 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Tim Stamper
Before I could blink the car flipped through the air and nailed the brick wall at the end of the track. I checked out the car real quick and I broke a body mount and lost 2 body clips.
Tim
I've had body mounts come loose in 12th scale without even hitting anything. Going down the straight and then I realise I can't turn
Old 05-17-2005, 10:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Jason -
Just got the TC3 chassis together ( Yes, I realize I'm a year+ behind everyone else ) It looks great! I polished all the standoffs and motor mount to a mirror finish. It looked so good I had to take all the anodizing off the driveshaft, shock bodies, battery brace and CVDs. ( just say no to blue!) The polished parts go real well with the titanium colored chassis. I'll post some pics tomorrow.
Thanks for a great product Jason!
Old 05-18-2005, 10:05 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by BlackKat
I've had body mounts come loose in 12th scale without even hitting anything. Going down the straight and then I realise I can't turn
I have had that happen on my 1/12th scale too. Fun isn't it?

I looked at the car carefully and the left rear tire was peeled from the wheel on the edge. that was the reason for the triple sow-cow and double axle into the wall. Just wonderful.

Tim
Old 05-18-2005, 10:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Got it, Jas.
Old 05-19-2005, 03:42 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

sweet dude,keep me posted.

well,i did alot of testing last night with the new fk05 kit.i finally hit a real nice setup and my god,this thing went through the corners real fast.it felt as there was no resistance going through the corners.i still want a little more rear traction and am going to try a few more things but i am extremely pleased with the results as of now.i have access to a real nice track at my convenience thanks to dave at B and B hobbies which is allowing me to do alot of testing.i should have testing complete real soon along with a killer asphalt set up.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.