Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions
Castle Creations Mamba/MM/MMM FACTORY Q&A thread! >

Castle Creations Mamba/MM/MMM FACTORY Q&A thread!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Castle Creations Mamba/MM/MMM FACTORY Q&A thread!

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2007, 05:52 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by theprocess
Im considering getting the Orion 13.5 for stock racing next summer. Let us know how it works out with the mamba esc. If you could share your settings that would be great!
I will once I run it hopefully Friday night. The motor should be here Thursday and if it is then I will get a race report and setup of my speedo.

I know Marco here on RC Tech has a buddy running the Orion 3.5 with the Mamba Max and he said it works great so I look forward to no motor cutting this weekend.
Old 11-01-2007, 06:20 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

trying to find some settings for the mamba speedcontrol when running touring car at club level using 4200ib for current. settings like punch control,throttle curve,start power all the good stuff you know what i mean.
Old 11-01-2007, 08:16 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by barber
trying to find some settings for the mamba speedcontrol when running touring car at club level using 4200ib for current. settings like punch control,throttle curve,start power all the good stuff you know what i mean.
I will be using IB4200's Friday when I race with the Orion 13.5 motor.

I charged a pack for about 5 minutes or so and soldered everything up. I already setup the speedo to brushless mode. I went with low start up, normal timing, 0 punch control with stock throttle and brake curves.

Motor is wired like this to get the right direction.

Mamba Speedo Motor Tab

Red C
Black B
White A

I did a very small run outside my house and it did have a tick of hesitation but to be honest I had that before with my Mamba and 4600KV motor and it was because my pack didn't have a full charge and I didn't have my antenna up all the way since I don't use the Futaba Fasst system, I use Futaba sythesized setup.

Right now my gearing is at 37/116 which is a final drive at 5.64 to start with on my MI3. More to be posted after I run Friday night. I will post my final results. I will be running against lipo/13.5 touring class. Last week I ran a stock motor with IB's and kept up because my car worked pretty good overall.
Old 11-02-2007, 09:07 AM
Tech Regular

ok thanks
Old 11-02-2007, 11:26 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Ok for those guys who where looking to find out about running other motors with the Mamba Max here you go.

Tonight I ran brushless touring in the 13.5 class with my Mamba Max speedo and the Orion 13.5 motor. Setup was all stock on the speedo low start up, normal timing,and all stock curves. I did add 20% drag brake but thats it.

Everything worked great. It has a little hessitation on initial start but it only did it the first time I punched it and then thats it. I took a warmup lap anyways so it didn't cause a problem. Motor ran great and was only 130 degrees after a 6 minute race geared at 42/116 with 1.8 reduction in my MI3. I can gear up at least another tooth or two and possibly 3 more but will need to run at the track again since I need a smaller spur gear. My lap times stayed the same from start to finish with no drop off or loss of punch with my Express Motorsports IB4200's.

My Mamba Max speedo was barely warm and like always kicked ass all night long. Nothing but good things to say about this speedo and now between the standard Mamba Motors and the Orion ones for the 13.5 class and 10.5 class takes care of all my needs and covers me in all classes.
Old 11-05-2007, 03:27 PM
Tech Regular

how to get out the hesitation in the start.
Old 11-05-2007, 03:43 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

how to get out the hesitation in the start.
Mine only did it when I turned on the car and hit the throttle hard the first time. After that it didn't do it. How many times does one go up to the line to race having not taken a hot lap of hit the throttle hard to check everything so to me it is a non issue.

I have a video of me racing. Go to the touring car video. THe show the B main first and then the A main. I'm Brian driving the bright colored Schumacher that is TQ. Everyone in the main is running lipo/13.5 and I'm running 4200's/Orion 13.5 with my Mamba Max. You judge for yourself how it works.

http://www.altoonaraceway.com/RaceCoverage110207.html
Old 11-05-2007, 03:52 PM
Tech Regular

nice love the shacaines
Old 11-05-2007, 03:57 PM
Tech Regular

do you find the orion to be as greedy for current as the mamba.
Old 11-05-2007, 07:10 PM
Tech Initiate

i just bought a traxxas rustler with a 5700 and I have the timing set on normal and lipo cut off. The gearing is 25/86. The motor seems warmer than it should be. I will hit it with my temp gun. I use a 3200 orion race spec lipo and have been told by a few its not enough and that may be why it runs warmer. I also have a 4200 and 4600 stick packs but I will hve to wait till I see my brother to reprogram since I have vista. what is the suggested gearing and battery size for the rusty?
Old 11-05-2007, 07:57 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

do you find the orion to be as greedy for current as the mamba.
We run 6 minute races and I have over 100 seconds left on my packs at 35 amp discharge. I only run my Mamba motors in offroad but battery life has never been an issue. I think only the 7700 is hungary on batteries but that is what ultimately makes everything fast is pure and simple battery voltage.
Old 11-06-2007, 08:15 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Is there any binding in your drive train with your vehicle?

As for initial hesitation, make sure you have the latest software from Castle, and check to make sure you are running quality battery packs.

Post the configuration of your ESC here so we can help you.
Old 11-06-2007, 07:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default new

Hi guys I'm new to the team just wanted to say Hi.
Ran The Mamba Max for the first time this weekend and its great.
later Jeremy
Old 11-07-2007, 07:55 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hi there, just wanted to ask a question:

Have a Mamba 25 w/ 6800kV motor in my RC18T, 2s 1320maH lipo.

The speed control will not arm any more, I have tried reprograming, but that doesn't seem to change anything. When I plug the battery in I get the initial lights and beep, but when you turn it on, it will not arm.

I tried the motor with another speed control and it worked fine, I plan to send the speed control in, should I send the motor along with it?

Also, what is the length of the warranty? It was purchased 9/13/07 from my LHS

Thanks in advance!
Old 11-07-2007, 09:45 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

So whats the gossip on the New Sidewinder?

Sensor / Sensorless??

And the all important question - When can we have one (since I know you guys love to give us this information)?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.