Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree66Likes

Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2015, 09:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Amain carriers both the Avid and the Schelle chassis, so it depends on which one you want

There's two different stretch chassis.... theres an Aluminum and Carbon fiber one.
Most of the people that run on med-high bite have been using the Carbon fiber one, and the Aluminum ive seen people run those on astro and high bite clay track.

I have the Schelle Carbon one and it make the car even easier to drive and can push it harder as well. I run both indoor on medium size track and outdoors on a 1/8 size track and the chassis has been great
Old 09-16-2015, 09:57 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by snwchris
Amain carriers both the Avid and the Schelle chassis, so it depends on which one you want

There's two different stretch chassis.... theres an Aluminum and Carbon fiber one.
Most of the people that run on med-high bite have been using the Carbon fiber one, and the Aluminum ive seen people run those on astro and high bite clay track.

I have the Schelle Carbon one and it make the car even easier to drive and can push it harder as well. I run both indoor on medium size track and outdoors on a 1/8 size track and the chassis has been great
Yea thats what i've been reading, i'll use my stock chassis for indoor over the winter. But i'll pick up a schelle carbon in the spring.
Old 09-16-2015, 11:20 AM
Tech Master

If you have any of the 1wheel lift or rough sections or medium to big jumps the stretch chassis really helps.

Last indoor for me I got to test out my stock chassis vs Schelle and a friend let me try his out thru a rumble section and big double area that I kept having issues with and the Schelle handled better than my stock. That night I ordered the Schelle chassis... LOL

Since having it, it definitely flies thru the air better and can power in and out of corners better.
Old 09-16-2015, 11:19 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

So I'm using the b5m shock caps and the 91445 shock bushing stand offs and when I tighten down the nut the shock cap slides forward and back, is this normal?
Old 09-17-2015, 05:11 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by AJrollin
So I'm using the b5m shock caps and the 91445 shock bushing stand offs and when I tighten down the nut the shock cap slides forward and back, is this normal?
Not to be a smart-ass, but when you're using AE parts on an HB product, I guess this would be considered normal. Just get the D413 aluminum shock caps & standoffs and be done with it.
Old 09-17-2015, 06:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AJrollin
A few mm of forward and back movement is normal. You don't want a shock cap to be so snug that it won't move, it will bind up the suspension. My B5M and T5M shock caps have the same type/amount of forward/back movement. Perhaps a little more than other manufacturers, but it's normal for the AE components.
Old 09-17-2015, 06:25 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by RENOV8R
Not to be a smart-ass, but when you're using AE parts on an HB product, I guess this would be considered normal. Just get the D413 aluminum shock caps & standoffs and be done with it.
Not to be a smart ass... lol but price wise or availability wise getting or using the B5 Caps and Standoffs is cheaper and easier. For a while it was hard to find the Alum D413 Caps in stock.
Old 09-17-2015, 06:29 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

Not to be a smart ass... lol but price wise or availability wise getting or using the B5 Caps and Standoffs is cheaper and easier. For a while it was hard to find the Alum D413 Caps in stock.
Not only that, but it's a bit hypocritical to call out the slop in AE components, when the stock HB steering rack system is wrought with slop.
Old 09-17-2015, 06:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

last night was our first indoor wed night race . I am the only d413 there and all 3 people that came and checked it out first hand all wiggled the front wheels back and forth and told me I had something loose .... I chuckled. I tried to explain the free movement was intentional and the looks I got were hilarious to say the least ....

BUT

I had the lowest lap deviation and the best pace I have ever had in 4wd buggy. It was nice to feel confident the car wasn't going to break if I made a move. I won the B main and bumped , but I couldn't stay for the A main . It started after 11 pm and live almost 2 hours away from the track and I am a shit driver , so no real need to get in everybody's way...

No sway bars , went with blue front springs , and 37 front / 35 rear with the book pistons , 21mm ride height , and moved the rear shocks in a hole on the tower and the cars was awesome for me . Turns off power and rotates really well without sliding around. I could also get on the throttle harder coming on the straight sections , my car wasn't moving around under throttle just went straight . Most cars on the straight were sliding around as they accelerated. Ran soft holeshots front and rear , and switched to electrons in clay for the main. Electrons felt better to me , but the holeshots were quicker on the clock.

My 6.5t with a 24 pinion was way too hot . Dropped to a 21 and vented the body and got the temps down to 170ish on the motor , and 4 lights on RSX, and had plenty of pace on the straight .

I look forward to more time on the indoor track with the car, it really seems to be in its element . I know its a lame post , but I had the time to type it up so why not ....
Old 09-17-2015, 09:19 AM
Tech Adept

I disagree, B5 shock caps alone are $16.75, whereas D413 caps with standoffs are only $2 more and are available pretty well everywhere.
Old 09-17-2015, 09:23 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Wease
Not only that, but it's a bit hypocritical to call out the slop in AE components, when the stock HB steering rack system is wrought with slop.
Yeah, but you can get rid of the slop with Exotek, Xray and TLR components LOL. Besides, it's "intentionally engineered" slop.
Old 09-17-2015, 09:29 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by RENOV8R
I disagree, B5 shock caps alone are $16.75, whereas D413 caps with standoffs are only $2 more and are available pretty well everywhere.
Yes, now the HB caps are easier to get, last fall, winter and early spring it was difficult to find them in stock or if they were in stock they sold out quick.
Old 09-17-2015, 01:17 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

check this out, MIP made not only the puck drive system for the D413 but made it out of rollers so it will last longer and be more durable to the power we put in these cars.

#15130 MIP Rollers™, Shiny Drive System, Front, HB D413
#15140 MIP Rollers™, Shiny Drive System, Rear, HB D413
Attached Thumbnails Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy-18f85a0d-a93d-452b-9724-2b17c5ab6076.jpeg  
Old 09-18-2015, 04:17 AM
Tech Master

Interesting Axle option, although in the year I've had mine, my pins still look real good.
Now my Ebuggy on the other hand those pins wear faster since theres so much power.
Old 09-18-2015, 04:45 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kevink123
check this out, MIP made not only the puck drive system for the D413 but made it out of rollers so it will last longer and be more durable to the power we put in these cars.

#15130 MIP Rollers™, Shiny Drive System, Front, HB D413
#15140 MIP Rollers™, Shiny Drive System, Rear, HB D413
Nice!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.