Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Magic G4

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2008, 04:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I have a G4s and was wondering if the washer under the front fuel tank post can be taken out to drop the height of the tank and there for lower the CG. It looks like the tank sits up a mile with the washer in, or is this ok and nothing to worry about??
Old 08-22-2008, 06:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

this ok and nothing to worry about
Old 08-22-2008, 07:36 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by freestyles
I have a G4s and was wondering if the washer under the front fuel tank post can be taken out to drop the height of the tank and there for lower the CG. It looks like the tank sits up a mile with the washer in, or is this ok and nothing to worry about??
Yeah. This was a throwback to the early days when original G4 cars had problems using all the fuel in the tanks. So the washer was added to ensure the front of the tank was higher then the rear.

But as you have pointed out. This is no longer really needed. Just check on removal that....

1. The front of the tank is still higher then the rear.
2. The bottom of the tank does not protrude from the chassis and scrape the floor.

Can't beat having a slow COG !!

Regards,
British Menace
Old 08-22-2008, 08:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by British Menace
Can't beat having a slow COG !!
thats funny Tony
Old 08-23-2008, 02:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

My NEW G4RS Raciing Video!!

http://kr.youtube.com/watch?v=X0gAZHZUInc
Old 08-23-2008, 03:00 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gansei

Always enjoy watching your videos Bander Hyung!
Old 08-23-2008, 04:19 PM
Tech Master

Man was that thing hookin
Originally Posted by gansei

Old 08-23-2008, 10:19 PM
Tech Master

Hey is it normal to have a bit of play in the 2-speed shaft or where the spur gears are. I have a G4s and just found a fair bit of play in it (side to side). Is this needed for when the 2-speed engages or is there something wrong?
Old 08-24-2008, 12:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

hey check your bearing make sure there all in good order, once you put your pin in it should be a snug fit.
cheers
Originally Posted by freestyles
Hey is it normal to have a bit of play in the 2-speed shaft or where the spur gears are. I have a G4s and just found a fair bit of play in it (side to side). Is this needed for when the 2-speed engages or is there something wrong?
Old 08-24-2008, 02:26 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Barry Baker
I can also tell you this...almost 5 hours on the track in Portugal...only 1 gear(due to bad mesh)....1 rear shock tower and rear arm(due to my excellent driving)..lol...........other then that My G4RS held up very well!

Barry
And I am in the moddle of making the 64th A video ... what an awesome drive Barry. Going from 8th t0 1st in less than 4 laps ... awesome!!!

I'll post it on 3hobby.net for everyone as soon as its done.
Old 08-24-2008, 01:54 PM
Tech Master

It looks like the play is at the end where a screw and washer screw into the end of the shaft to retain the spur gears. The washer doesn't seem to fit snug up against the 1st gear spur there for causing the play that i'm talking about. My other G4 uses an 'E' clip and a little dust cap to hold the spur gears on so maybe i might have to swap the shafts around
Originally Posted by aussies1129
hey check your bearing make sure there all in good order, once you put your pin in it should be a snug fit.
cheers
Old 08-24-2008, 02:38 PM
Tech Elite

Just shim out teh extra play on the bearings inside the 2 speed.
Dont take all the play out as i found it started binding or putting stress on the bearings.
Ill try and take pics of what i did when i am rebuilding in the next 2 days seeing teh Nats is this coming weekend.
Old 08-25-2008, 11:41 PM
Tech Master

Default This two speed is shitting me

Originally Posted by razzor
Just shim out teh extra play on the bearings inside the 2 speed.
Dont take all the play out as i found it started binding or putting stress on the bearings.
Ill try and take pics of what i did when i am rebuilding in the next 2 days seeing teh Nats is this coming weekend.
Yeah thanks mate that would be good as i think that you would get binding if you shim inside the 2-speed. I was going to try and maybe put a few shims behind the side belt pulley's bearing as i think that doesn't affect to much there. I have alloy pulley's and i cant get them off, do you know if they screw on or are they meant to slide on/off?

What size were the shims you used ID:?
OD:?
Old 08-26-2008, 01:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

is just me or is the new wc upgrade kit a bit on the expensive side $219 at rcmushroom, like more than half than that of a new g4rs? honestly I really dont want to but this sort of expensive upgrades make me want to dump tm and go over to the new kyosho rrr evo2?
Old 08-26-2008, 01:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by aussies1129
is just me or is the new wc upgrade kit a bit on the expensive side $219 at rcmushroom, like more than half than that of a new g4rs? honestly I really dont want to but this sort of expensive upgrades make me want to dump tm and go over to the new kyosho rrr evo2?
Weigh up the benefits and see if you really need them....

What advantage will YOU get by having adjustable rear lower hinge pin positions?...

I had a RRR before his car, my rear setting was "B up" and basically never ever changed.

I haven't felt the need so far to adjust this setting yet as there is enough adjustment at the camber link.

Front roll center adjustment?...well, yes, the shim setup looks nice, but we can already adjust it now....

My advice - get the most of what you have now, don't worry about having to have the "latest"...

There are a very select few that can utilize these type of parts to make them go faster....

BTW, unless I'm mistaken, ( and please correct me if I'm wrong) Dario used his G4+ at the World Champs..

I have one of these kits coming, I'll pass on what I find once I get it.

And - wash your mouth out ! .....going to a RRR! LOL!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.