Anyone selling a G4RS??? My G4S is pretty heavy compared to the RS
Old 08-20-2008, 11:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Hey see pattojnr he was selling one
cheers

Originally Posted by dnitro

Last edited by aussies1129; 08-21-2008 at 05:33 AM. Reason: ????
Old 08-21-2008, 12:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by freestyles
For your clutch slipping maybe try tightening the clutch spring just a tad bit and then see how you go and tune from there.
Old 08-21-2008, 09:56 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dnitro
Check your PM...
Old 08-21-2008, 02:36 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Wolf Hobbies

What a joke!!! I called Wolf Hobbies today to try and get answers about replacement of the chassis on my G4RS. Now keep in mind, this is after 4 weeks of trying to contact them by phone and email (no reply back from them and my email and cell phone records can prove it). Well, I finally got a live person on the phone and it was none other than Wolf Fisher himself. I explained the issue with the chassis having chipped where the motor mount slots are and his response was this was due to improper motor mount placement or the car being run with motor mounts being loose.

I've been running this kit since January and I can say without doubt that the mounts were never loose because I always use threadlock and they also were not improperly mounted. He suggested I send him the chassis so he can forward to Tawain and let the factory make the decision of replacing it because he wasn't going to replace it. I then told him to simply forget it because I am going back to Kyosho and as a distributor for Team Magic his shop was lacking in customer service. He then asked me what I new about what kind of customer they provide if I've never ordered from them.

Truth is I have ordered from them and the local Hoobyshop I deal with has ordered from Wolf on behalf of several local racers. I know the owners and I can tell you that we placed an order with Wolf Hobbies over 2 months ago, the order was paid for by the hobbyshop but the order still has not arrived.

So when Wolf asked what I knew about customer service I began to reply to the question and in the middle of explaining this to him he hung up on me. Great customer service hugh? I guess that says it all. When the owner of a major distributor can't even wait on a customer to reply to a question asked then that is poor customer service. So good luck to any of you purchasing from Wolf Hobbies.

As far as the G4RS kit goes, I've experienced alot of the same issues many of you have discussed on this forum. Way too many problems with gear issues, durability issues and now an issue with the chassis. It came as no surprise to me that Dario broke a couple times at the worlds. The same thing happend to me at the Speedline Grand Prix in Houston, Texas. Made the A-Main and the car let me down. It also happened at each of the 3 LoneStar Series races here in Texas. Car was very fast but gearing issues kept me out of 2 A-Mains after leading the B-Mains for more than halfway into each race. On the A-main I did make the same thing happened with the 1st gear spur stripping.

My Kyosho RRR EVO 2 is complete and I'm back in the game. Good luck to you all and Wolf, regardless of what you think I wish you luck. I to own a business and listen to customer complaints on a daily basis. The insurance business is tough to be in but I'm great at it because I take time to listen to my customers. Right or wrong if they have something to say, especially when asked a question, you need to let them put in their 2 cents. Hanging up on them isn't going to win you any fans.
Thanks to my sponsors

My Wallet
Old 08-21-2008, 02:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Speyederjedi
What a joke!!! I called Wolf Hobbies today to try and get answers about replacement of the chassis on my G4RS. Now keep in mind, this is after 4 weeks of trying to contact them by phone and email (no reply back from them and my email and cell phone records can prove it). Well, I finally got a live person on the phone and it was none other than Wolf Fisher himself. I explained the issue with the chassis having chipped where the motor mount slots are and his response was this was due to improper motor mount placement or the car being run with motor mounts being loose.

I've been running this kit since January and I can say without doubt that the mounts were never loose because I always use threadlock and they also were not improperly mounted. He suggested I send him the chassis so he can forward to Tawain and let the factory make the decision of replacing it because he wasn't going to replace it. I then told him to simply forget it because I am going back to Kyosho and as a distributor for Team Magic his shop was lacking in customer service. He then asked me what I new about what kind of customer they provide if I've never ordered from them.

Truth is I have ordered from them and the local Hoobyshop I deal with has ordered from Wolf on behalf of several local racers. I know the owners and I can tell you that we placed an order with Wolf Hobbies over 2 months ago, the order was paid for by the hobbyshop but the order still has not arrived.

So when Wolf asked what I knew about customer service I began to reply to the question and in the middle of explaining this to him he hung up on me. Great customer service hugh? I guess that says it all. When the owner of a major distributor can't even wait on a customer to reply to a question asked then that is poor customer service. So good luck to any of you purchasing from Wolf Hobbies.

As far as the G4RS kit goes, I've experienced alot of the same issues many of you have discussed on this forum. Way too many problems with gear issues, durability issues and now an issue with the chassis. It came as no surprise to me that Dario broke a couple times at the worlds. The same thing happend to me at the Speedline Grand Prix in Houston, Texas. Made the A-Main and the car let me down. It also happened at each of the 3 LoneStar Series races here in Texas. Car was very fast but gearing issues kept me out of 2 A-Mains after leading the B-Mains for more than halfway into each race. On the A-main I did make the same thing happened with the 1st gear spur stripping.

My Kyosho RRR EVO 2 is complete and I'm back in the game. Good luck to you all and Wolf, regardless of what you think I wish you luck. I to own a business and listen to customer complaints on a daily basis. The insurance business is tough to be in but I'm great at it because I take time to listen to my customers. Right or wrong if they have something to say, especially when asked a question, you need to let them put in their 2 cents. Hanging up on them isn't going to win you any fans.
Thanks to my sponsors

My Wallet
Sorry to hear about your bad experience's. I would have emailed Team Magic themselves including photos and get them to sort it out. I have dealt with them TM like this in the past with success.

Good luck with the Kyosho, watch out for the outdrives and the shitty pullies, they like to strip out on the pin!

BB
Old 08-21-2008, 03:46 PM
Tech Regular

Can't believe it!!! I finally got an email reply from Wolf Hobbies after weeks of trying to talk to someone or get e reply to my email and after Wolf hung up on me by phone. A little to late Wolf. You should have at the least contacted me then and not after our confrontation on the phone. I'm done with Wolf Hobbies.

By the way Wolf, I didn't appreciate you implying that I was lying about not having been contacted by you or anyone from your company. Kinda funny how I received your email after you hung up on me??? The email you sent today was the first time anyone from Wolf Hobbies had replied to me.
Old 08-21-2008, 03:53 PM
Tech Elite

Again I hear about "issues" with the G4.

Stripping gears, Spurs, Chassis tweeking or poor machining work. Recievers dying due to it's placement.etc

In all the years I've had a G4, (since the very first one came out!) I've had very few issues indeed. I have only stripped 2 spurs, Chassis have only ever tweeked when I crashed the car
I have been through one reciever, but it was 3 years old and used in 3 vehicles.
I did break the front Layshaft on the ED transmission which others have also done.

I've ran belts for long time without teeth going or snapping. I ran the same side belt I think for 4 years of racing. Might have been longer then that. Only recently having thrown it in the bin.

I've found the car very durable. So much so my expendature on parts, especially this year, has been VERY low.

Now, I'm not the best driver in the world and I am known for driving very smooth and I'm not very hard on my cars. (possibly why I'm not as fast as I could be??!)
I'm also a bit of a maintenance freak on these things But even so.
All this talk of breakdowns, failures not only with the TM G4 but with other brands too, just makes me wonder.

Just my thoughts.

Regards,
British Menace
Old 08-21-2008, 06:43 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by British Menace
Again I hear about "issues" with the G4.

Stripping gears, Spurs, Chassis tweeking or poor machining work. Recievers dying due to it's placement.etc

In all the years I've had a G4, (since the very first one came out!) I've had very few issues indeed. I have only stripped 2 spurs, Chassis have only ever tweeked when I crashed the car
I have been through one reciever, but it was 3 years old and used in 3 vehicles.
I did break the front Layshaft on the ED transmission which others have also done.

I've ran belts for long time without teeth going or snapping. I ran the same side belt I think for 4 years of racing. Might have been longer then that. Only recently having thrown it in the bin.

I've found the car very durable. So much so my expendature on parts, especially this year, has been VERY low.

Now, I'm not the best driver in the world and I am known for driving very smooth and I'm not very hard on my cars. (possibly why I'm not as fast as I could be??!)
I'm also a bit of a maintenance freak on these things But even so.
All this talk of breakdowns, failures not only with the TM G4 but with other brands too, just makes me wonder.

Just my thoughts.

Regards,
British Menace
Don't know about the G4 but the RS definately has issues with the pinion/spur gears. Like you I am a very smooth driver and rarely crash my car. I have bodies from 6 months ago that are still in good shape and I still use from time to time so it's not a matter of me abusing the equipment. We race here just about every weekend. The servos in the car I've had for over a year and they're still like new. As far as the chassis, it's not "Tweaked". I have checked it on a smooth level flat plate of glass. The issue with the chassis is that a large piece of aluminum chipped where the engine mount slots are. I have never had this issue with any other manufacturers kit. I use thread lock when I mount my engine to the motor mounts and then again when I mount to the chassis. When I removed the motor to do a regualr cleaning all the mounting screws were still tight so I was puzzled as to how the chassis chipped. If the motor had been loose I would have chalked that up to a bonehead error on my part for night properly tightening the engine down but it wasn't. I had raced that previous day through 3 qualifiers and 1 main and the motor was locked down in place. Like you I am also very meticulous when it comes to my equipment . My cars look like they've never been raced. I replace parts if they look even close to failing and after each outing at the track I clean my car down to the last spec of grit and grime. So finding a piece of your chassis missing after racing all day and never having crashed is quite a bit upsetting to say the least.

Just wanted to clarify.
Old 08-21-2008, 06:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Speyederjedi....Please send me an IM with your address...I will replace the chassis for you.....

Myself,being a Factory representitive, would be glad to take care of this problem...I know that Wolf is a very busy person and I have had absolutley no problems with him...I just think it would be better if I took care of this for you...

I can also tell you this...almost 5 hours on the track in Portugal...only 1 gear(due to bad mesh)....1 rear shock tower and rear arm(due to my excellent driving)..lol...........other then that My G4RS held up very well!

Any questions just let me know,

Barry
Old 08-21-2008, 07:16 PM
Tech Elite

Hello Barry,

Congrats on your efforts at the worlds. With so little time to prepare with a new car I thought you put in a world class effort and performance. Terrible luck was just as fast as you though and kept catching you out. But thats racing?!

Speyederjedi
Sorry sir. I did not mean to imply you do not keep your equipment in good order. Infact the amount you race, I would say the 'loose engine mount' reason would deffinately not fly.
Sounds to me like a fault in manufacture that TM Taiwan needs to know about.
TM does like to know and sort out these kinds of problems and Barry's involvement will help get them involved.

The G4RS (WC) is the latest evolution in the G4 series and an extremely competative car. There's always improvements that can and need to be made to any car. TM's G4 is no exception. But the power we are able to get from our motors these days and the way we tune our clutches puts huge stresses on the transmission system of these cars.

Maybe thats why I haven't stripped many gears/spur's..............I don't run a powerful enough motor??!

Regards,

British Menace
Keep up the great work on the car Barry. Just great to have you aboard sir!!!
Old 08-21-2008, 07:22 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

TM is very lucky to have someone like Barry....that's all I have to say.
When I was deciding which car I wanted to go with, the horror stories about parts availability and customer service from US distributors kept me away. All cars have their issues, all the top company cars are capable cars, so it comes down to parts availability, cost, and service.
So again thumbs up for Barry...
Old 08-21-2008, 10:08 PM
Tech Regular

Barry,

It is indeed an honor to have you join us in this forum. Congratulations on you efforts in Lisbon and from what I've heard your car was very fast, you just had some engine issues--flame outs, correct? Did you and Dario exchange setups and ideas or was there too much of a language barrier. Will you be willing to share some of things you learned about the car and maybe your set-up with your fellow G4 brothers. I think you will find the boys in this forum to be very mature and supportive, and open minded, so please post any findings that you have.

Menace,

I tried your setup with thick shock oit (80wt) and softer springs and it did improve the cars stability and steering through the high speed sweepers. It also helped keep the car more "settled" during quick steering inputs. I will keep this setup for now.
Old 08-21-2008, 10:51 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by British Menace
Hello Barry,

Congrats on your efforts at the worlds. With so little time to prepare with a new car I thought you put in a world class effort and performance. Terrible luck was just as fast as you though and kept catching you out. But thats racing?!

Speyederjedi
Sorry sir. I did not mean to imply you do not keep your equipment in good order. Infact the amount you race, I would say the 'loose engine mount' reason would deffinately not fly.
Sounds to me like a fault in manufacture that TM Taiwan needs to know about.
TM does like to know and sort out these kinds of problems and Barry's involvement will help get them involved.

The G4RS (WC) is the latest evolution in the G4 series and an extremely competative car. There's always improvements that can and need to be made to any car. TM's G4 is no exception. But the power we are able to get from our motors these days and the way we tune our clutches puts huge stresses on the transmission system of these cars.

Maybe thats why I haven't stripped many gears/spur's..............I don't run a powerful enough motor??!

Regards,

British Menace
Keep up the great work on the car Barry. Just great to have you aboard sir!!!
British Menace,

You may be right. The expert class at the local track is very competative and we probably race at least 36 weekends out of the year thanks to the great weather we have. We are all also running some pretty hot motors. I have 2 Wasp CRF 12's, 2 Ninjas 12's, 2 JP moded X12's, a Picco Evo II a Picco Evo III and an IDM Evo III and I have a Sirio EVO IV on order. A couple other guys are running Max motors and O.S. Speed tuned. I will concede that I have cut my fastest lap times with the G4RS but I'm not finishing races because of gear/spur issues. I'm not the only one either. Two of my buddies have the G4RS and they have had the same exact problems. Funny thing is a newer local racer is running the G4+ in our local sportsman class and he isn't having any problems??? All I know is the problem with the chassis isn't a user issue. I have a buddy that has been racing for 20 years and beat all the sponsored drivers at the Speedline Grand Prix this year in Houston (he runs a Kyosho RRR EVO). I sent him photos and his opinion is that it is a problem with the manufacturing. He has never seen anything like that happen with a chassis. Anyway, I'm at the end of my patience with this kit and I'm going back to Kyosho. Just finished building my new Kyosho RRR EVO 2 and I'm going to the track this weekend to give it a shakedown. Good luck with your racing and I'll let ya know how things go with the new kit.

Speyederjedi
Old 08-22-2008, 03:53 AM
Tech Elite

Hey Barry awesome going at teh Worlds !!! unfortunately some things didnt work out but thats racing.
Thanks to you and Josh for teh coverage.

Woudl be great to get feed back from you on teh RS.
I am still running the G4S and don really see a need right now to upgrade as my car still works great and is fairly competitive.

Speyederjedi how about posting a pic of the chassis.
From your discription it sounds like a fault in the material, possible a hairline crease in the material used or air bubble.
Have to aggree that Wolfs response was dissapointing, i emailed them for a quote a while back for parts and have yet to recieve a reply.
I hope you take up Barry's offer because we dont exactly like loosing fellow
G4 racers.
The spur gear issues we can solve and it seems to be common only to the RS

So post some pics and and info and lets try and solve it

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.