Search

Team Magic G4

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2008, 02:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

there is always serpent
yes you are correct Lui.
Dario does like his G4+. but yuo have seen the Brisbane pics as well. he also chased some flex in teh 4mm chassis. like cut X brace. i think the biggest hurdle at the moment is Arms. once they are strong again like the G4S design, then always you will be wondering after being on your lid , will the car be in one piece ? good luck to All flying arm drivers
Old 08-26-2008, 02:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Dont worry, after all the dramas with parts availability, price of parts etc lately i'm sure a few people have at least thought about it if not already dumped TM for kyosho or especiall the x-ray NT-1 (bloody yuppies). I know a lot of guy's at my club have sold their G4's beause of all the issues surrounding TM and all bought Nt-1's.
Old 08-26-2008, 03:07 AM
Tech Elite

I have to agree, dont see a real benefit to the WC kit and it will only be a option for those that run on prepped high grip tracks.

Freestyles i bought a assortment of different size shims from TOP Racing.
The main shaft takes 6x8 shims at the 2 speed or inbetween the 2 speed and bulk head bearing or you can use 10x12 shims behind the bearings on the bulkheads.

The ally pulleys are screwed on and have a screw that locks it too.
To loosen use a spanner to hold the pulley and take out the screw.
On the shaft there is a hole which i lock with a allen key and then unscrew the pulley but note it loosens anticlockwise.
Old 08-26-2008, 03:44 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by freestyles
Dont worry, after all the dramas with parts availability, price of parts etc lately i'm sure a few people have at least thought about it if not already dumped TM for kyosho or especiall the x-ray NT-1 (bloody yuppies). I know a lot of guy's at my club have sold their G4's beause of all the issues surrounding TM and all bought Nt-1's.
i also sold joined the ray family with all the t/m drama's
they need a shap up and stick with one model for a while
only my opinion
Old 08-26-2008, 03:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by grub
i also sold joined the ray family with all the t/m drama's
they need a shap up and stick with one model for a while
only my opinion
BAAAAAAAA....... BAAAAAAAA......

Would it be any different if instead of releasing new models TM just released the parts ? The G4 is still a G4 after all....

RRR, RRR WCE, RRR Evo , RRR Evo WCE, RRR Evo2....give it 6 months we'll have the Evo2 WCE....

Xray seems to release new parts fairly regularly....
Old 08-26-2008, 04:01 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Sp Racer
BAAAAAAAA....... BAAAAAAAA......

Would it be any different if instead of releasing new models TM just released the parts ? The G4 is still a G4 after all....

RRR, RRR WCE, RRR Evo , RRR Evo WCE, RRR Evo2....give it 6 months we'll have the Evo2 WCE....

Xray seems to release new parts fairly regularly....
louis im not bagging t/m
im just saying that they make a new model every 6 months
and eye bought most of em
xray is new so they will bring out new parts
as they refine and redesign there produces
Old 08-26-2008, 04:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

oh sh#t sorry guys for starting a touchy post, dont get me wrong I am happy with the car and all the help from fellow drivers, its just a bit frustrating when you have these expensive upgrades ie wc kit and when other drivers at your track dont have and they are going just as quick I could probably blame my setup and driving skill, sorry for the big whinge I will get back into my box now!
cheers and thanks for the advise on the WC upgrade.
Old 08-26-2008, 05:38 AM
Tech Elite

Aussies you hit it on the head.
Parts are not going to make you faster but practice, ability and knowledge.

No matter what chassis you have there will be upgrades, changes made especially after the worlds as guys get caught up in the hype.
TM have however remained fairly stable for a long while and it was bound to happen that they would make a big change to the platform.

Give a few weeks and Xray themselves will have something new just like there electric cars changed they will too.
Only brand i dont see making a change is Serpent as they going through a relocation to China.
Old 08-26-2008, 06:26 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

it's the MAN, not the MACHINE!

i'll be sticking with my G4RS; even if other cars are faster.
Old 08-26-2008, 08:44 AM
Tech Addict

anyone got the pn for the ackermann pieces?
mine stripped! ball end couldn't be tightened...
Old 08-26-2008, 02:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by grub
louis im not bagging t/m
im just saying that they make a new model every 6 months
and eye bought most of em
xray is new so they will bring out new parts
as they refine and redesign there produces
I'm just stirring you Grub !
Old 08-26-2008, 02:49 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I got the WC upgrade kit yest the chassiss looks really nice and feels stiffer

once I rebuild the car I'll post some pics ...
Old 08-26-2008, 02:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I take it that 6mm would be I.D and that 8mm would be the O.D. The other size you mentioned (10x12mm), wouldn't that one be too big as the shaft has a diameter of 6mm and the shim would have a I.D of 10mm leaving a little bit of play???
I can see what your saying though about "behind the bearing in the bulkhead" as i think the dimensions of those bearings are 10x12mm. This is where i was planning on putting them.
Have you heard of anyone else with this problem or is it just us
Originally Posted by razzor
I have to agree, dont see a real benefit to the WC kit and it will only be a option for those that run on prepped high grip tracks.

Freestyles i bought a assortment of different size shims from TOP Racing.
The main shaft takes 6x8 shims at the 2 speed or inbetween the 2 speed and bulk head bearing or you can use 10x12 shims behind the bearings on the bulkheads.

The ally pulleys are screwed on and have a screw that locks it too.
To loosen use a spanner to hold the pulley and take out the screw.
On the shaft there is a hole which i lock with a allen key and then unscrew the pulley but note it loosens anticlockwise.
Old 08-26-2008, 03:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

BAAAHAHAHAHAHA.... you guys are funny! I have all the major brands and they all have an issue in some degree. They will never make one car perfect or they would never sell any spare parts or hop up bits. So TM might have fragile arms and hubs, Kyosho has shitty diff out drives, plastic gears etc & Mugen has a 2 speed that strips like no tomorrow and a side belt that flaps in the wind!

Patto just needs to drive in a straight line:P

BB
Old 08-26-2008, 04:00 PM
Tech Elite

So. To change the subject here.......... hope thats ok.

Another weekend of racing saw a further step and more testing time with my old project of softer springs, thicker shock oil.

A week or so ago I posted my results/ feelings on running 1050cps oil with the TM 1.3mm Springs. (15LB springs If memory serves?!)

This weekend I tried and ran two qualifiers with 1170cps oil and 6LB rear and 7LB front springs (!!!)

I still only have the 3mm (Mugan) roll bars but I wanted to see what reults I could see/get anyway.

On a very smooth track. Again I could run the car with next to NO - camber ! (-0.5 Degrees front and -2 degrees rear) With just 1 degree rear toe-in. A car with very little slop everywhere and running very little droop in the front (1mm) and 2 - 2.5mm rear droop from ride hight.

The car ran very well. Good grip without any indication of traction roll. Even though others were getting some. Not alot though.

I could run soft tires and yet get less or the same tire wear as others on standard set-ups.

I ran two qualifiers. Improving on the second and attaining a position in the running order which was about my usual.

I did find the car had almost too much off power steering........not surprising really and didn't have enough time to look into getting more on power steering.
The car was almost too responsive.......from the thick oil. My next test will be trying to take better advantage of the lack of chassis roll with this set up?! .... more to come.

Now. As a comparison. I ran the last two qualifiers with a 'stock' set up. 3rd with no improvement and the 4th I had radio/receiver problems........ GRRRRR

But in the final. I ran the stock set-up with a little more fine tuning and ran the best I have driven the car in years. If it wasn't for a bad start and 3 flame outs .......who knows. May have actually won the Region 5 B main??!
Times show I was the fastest car on the track in fastest lap, 10 and 5 lap average!!

Still lots of more work to do on the new set up idea but things still look promising!?

The track? LeisureHours Raceway in Joliet, Illinois.

Check it out.
www.leisurehoursraceway.com

Regards,
British Menace

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.