sway bar 90 / sway 0
solid axle / diff oil 10 000
toe +1 / toe -2.5
camber 2 / camber 4
ride height 5mm / ride height 5.5mm
caster 2mm / 60wt oil
60wt oil / shock tower inner hole
shock tower outer hole

thanks a lot patto your a big help to me, thanks for your time and patience. should be going to test it out over the weekend long weekend in australia
Old 09-27-2007, 02:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RAMPAGE
i run as per kit
front / rear
sway bar 90 / sway 0
solid axle / diff oil 10 000
toe +1 / toe -2.5
camber 2 / camber 4
ride height 5mm / ride height 5.5mm
caster 2mm / 60wt oil
60wt oil / shock tower inner hole
shock tower outer hole

thanks a lot patto your a big help to me, thanks for your time and patience. should be going to test it out over the weekend long weekend in australia
you dont mention any droop settings. everything else looks ok, but id lay down your rear shocks also. standing them up looses side bite, and hardens their operation a bit. also an easy way to look at your droop, is to set your ride hieght first, then for the front set your ride hight guage, to add a further 2mm of hieght for the front and 4mm for the rear. you adjust the droop screws for this, not the shock collars. so set your hieght by the shocks first, then add the droop, so say 7mm for the front (5mm ride height + 2mm of droop), so rest your guage on the chassis at 7mm then adjust your droop screws so your tires touch the ground. hope this makes sense droop is a way of tuning your weight transfer, more transfer can gain you some grip, but too much may lead to a lazy feeling to the car.
Old 09-28-2007, 04:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

hi guys can you recommend a good throttle servo for the g4s running on 1100mah team magic rx battery??
thanks
Old 09-28-2007, 06:11 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by aussies1129
hi guys can you recommend a good throttle servo for the g4s running on 1100mah team magic rx battery??
thanks
This is one of those questions that will often receive many answers, all of which are valid . Personally, I prefer an analogue servo with a preference for torque over speed. This helps me as I like to run a bit of drag brake and digital servos in this situation squeal all the time and I am concerned about burning them out. Don't get too hung up on speed for your throttle as many people apply a bit of negative exponential anyway to bring the power on a bit less suddeny, and avoid a hard snap and loss of traction. I also believe you do not need an expensive job - save that for your steering. Something simple like a Futaba 3010 or if you want something faster, the 9405. I've tried Hitec but have found the Futaba to be less of a problem. So my recommendation would be the 3010 - good, cheap and reliable, but any quality analogue servo would do the job well.
Old 09-28-2007, 05:44 PM
Tech Regular

ya everyone is different..i tried digital and didn't like the run time i got from my 1100ma...so i switched back to analog...much better and longer...
i use airtronic's 94162 high torque BB MG for throttle and 94357 high speed dual BB MG...they work really nice for me...i like them very much...the throttle servo is in expensive , but the steering servo is a bit pricey...just my Opinion...good luck w/your choice...
Old 09-28-2007, 08:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by s10dude
ya everyone is different..i tried digital and didn't like the run time i got from my 1100ma...so i switched back to analog...much better and longer...
i use airtronic's 94162 high torque BB MG for throttle and 94357 high speed dual BB MG...they work really nice for me...i like them very much...the throttle servo is in expensive , but the steering servo is a bit pricey...just my Opinion...good luck w/your choice...
I agree with the Airtronics 357 servo for the steering. I've been using it for years in 10th and 8th scale, definately a good servo of choice. I usually use the same for my throttle, all though you don't need to go to that extreme. Look at what the others posted and I am sure they steered you in the right direction. I do recommend to stay clear of Hitec. Some people love then, me on the other hand have had too many issues that ends up wasting money in the long run. For sure stay with analog for your throttle though. Too easy to burn up and draw too much current from braking. Good luck bro!
Old 09-29-2007, 08:26 AM
Tech Elite

the D Man Lives. Howdy Darren, been a long time no see on the forum.
been busy with the 1/8th? hows that new kit of yours going.
Old 09-29-2007, 04:10 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Serpentd
I agree with the Airtronics 357 servo for the steering. I've been using it for years in 10th and 8th scale, definately a good servo of choice. I usually use the same for my throttle, all though you don't need to go to that extreme. Look at what the others posted and I am sure they steered you in the right direction. I do recommend to stay clear of Hitec. Some people love then, me on the other hand have had too many issues that ends up wasting money in the long run. For sure stay with analog for your throttle though. Too easy to burn up and draw too much current from braking. Good luck bro!
Hey Serpentd !!
How's it going man?

Very long time..........you been busy eh?
Hey, are you going to be able to make that race we spoke of a few months back? The one at Lincoln, Nebraska?
It's the RC Pro series finals. Would be so cool to meet up wi ya mate!!!.......lol

Let us know if you can make it Darren.

British Menace
Old 09-29-2007, 11:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Serpentd
Hey Bro, guess what i have just bought and busting some Crusty style jumps "HAHAHAHHA" well slowly getting better!

Hows ya been man - keep in touch

Frankie
Attached Thumbnails Team Magic G4-pictures-076.jpg   Team Magic G4-pictures-074.jpg   Team Magic G4-pictures-072.jpg  
Old 09-30-2007, 06:22 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Kodak Hodak
Hey Bro, guess what i have just bought and busting some Crusty style jumps "HAHAHAHHA" well slowly getting better!

Hows ya been man - keep in touch

Frankie
nice bike Frankie
Old 09-30-2007, 06:36 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Nice bike Frank! is this where we show off our "other" rides....my turn!
Attached Thumbnails Team Magic G4-img_1195a.jpg   Team Magic G4-img_0979.jpg  
Old 09-30-2007, 07:04 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Perez
Nice bike Frank! is this where we show off our "other" rides....my turn!
Very Nice BSA there Steve. i know how much time and money goes into restoring these suckers. one of my old bosses had 2 of these and 3 trumpy's.
great to see an old bike look that good
Old 09-30-2007, 11:55 PM
Tech Apprentice

Another win for the G4S in Povoa de Varzim, Portugal
Old 10-01-2007, 05:26 AM
Tech Regular

HEY hey Steve...those are really nice ...i didn't know you had some really cool bike's too!...
Old 10-01-2007, 11:04 PM
Boz
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default Ride

4 wheels are better than 2.....

Last edited by Boz; 11-09-2009 at 12:16 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.