Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Magic G4

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2007, 11:28 PM

Originally Posted by razzor
Good run boys

Patto its always the case to settle in at a new track so a A-main placing is very good.

Asil ,well done !!
WOW 1hour mains must have been stressful but definately enjoyable
Were did you end up in the main ?

Good showing and fun had by G4S boys once again.
Gansei made the Bmain at FEMCA and placed 6 or 8th in the final.
Good run though for him considering teh company he was up with and his forst international event, cant wait for him to give us some feed back.

As i mentioned earlier muppet/Daz is running this coming weekend at the Tecrace 2007 in Spain, lets root for him too.
razzor, I ended up 9th.. have problems with new tyres and my best time in final was 1.5 seconds higher than semi-finals... it was a bad decision to change tyre brand in final..

Asil
Old 05-28-2007, 11:33 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Serpentd
DUDES, I am still here man. I will ....purchaced the '06 Slide, Serpent '07 960 and the MOTONICA!! WOO HOO. My Motonica is laying next .... are the Lola style 1/8 scale bodies. But I promise to get on here more and start being part ............ my friend!!

Anyway guys, take care and keep lowering those lap times!!! Talk with you all VERY SOON. Later.
Nice seeing you still around! Will be interesting to see the bodies, more interesting feedback on the 3 cars!!

Hope you will post reports on this site!

Please let us know where!
Old 05-29-2007, 01:26 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Kodak Hodak
for sure its good to hear from ya champ - dont worry i have been a tab quiet myself still racing and OS TZ is still going but getting a tab tired now but ya get that!!!

i have had some time off racing, but waiting on the new bits from raceday so i can hopup the sucker!!!

Plus in the market for new engine aswell...

keep in touch D
Dude, no worries bro. I promise to keep in touch for sure man! As far as the engine getting tired, yeah that happens and sucks ass man. I might have something kick ass for you very soon bro! Plus at the Serpentd price. By the way bro, thanks for sending me that! I appreciate it VERY much dude. Talk soon my friend. Miss all you guys!!! Later.
Old 05-29-2007, 01:28 AM
Tech Elite

Hey D good to see u still alive and kicking
pop in a share the love when u can.Look forward to pics of the bods and a unbiased review of the 1/8 kits you have.

Asil if you running the plastic gears the wear is a common problem with most kits.Makes me think why the manufacturers even bother with plastic gears seeing they take so much punishment.
Alternative is to just get the ED

In the finals it looks like you had the dreaded "should i, shouldnt i " syndrome dont worry bud it happens, all in the name of FUN and Competition.
Next time u come back stronger.

What kind of track were u running on ??
what was your setup ??
Old 05-29-2007, 02:08 AM

track is resurfaced.. it's asphalt and there was no need to treat it

my set-up;

FRONT
------
width : 199 mm.
camber : 2 deg.
toe : 1 deg
caster : 2mm.
front gear diff: 30.000 wt
roll bar : 90 deg.
ride height : 5.5 mm.
shock oil : 50 wt.
piston : std. holes drilled to 1.2mm
spring : 1.6 mm (Team Magic)
tyre : left 42 shore 61mm, right 40 shore 61mm.

REAR
-----
width : 200 mm.
camber : 3 deg.
toe : 2 deg
rear gear diff : 10.000 wt
roll bar : 45 deg.
ride height : 6 mm.
spring : 1.5 mm (Team Magic)

1st pinion: 18 spur:51
2nd pinion: 24 spur:46

Engine: CRF 2007
Clutch: 1 weight, std shoe, red spring, nut showing 1 tooth, 0.7mm clutch gap with minimal end play

here are photos;
Attached Thumbnails Team Magic G4-1.jpg   Team Magic G4-2.jpg   Team Magic G4-3.jpg  
Old 05-29-2007, 02:31 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by casimirsa
Nice seeing you still around! Will be interesting to see the bodies, more interesting feedback on the 3 cars!!

Hope you will post reports on this site!

Please let us know where!
Thanks Dude!! That is way too cool of you and everyone else to inquire about me. You guys a killer group of dudes and cyber friends that's for sure!

I will keep you all posted on my paint schemes. Ready to do a insane concourse soon. But that won't be for a few weeks with everything going on and all.

As far as the 3 new 1/8 scales, I will let you know where I address my posts for sure man!! I have only drove the Serpent '07 960 once since the build. That was last week at our local club race. I raced it bone stock right out of the box, defaust setup and that thing was already about 95 dialed. In fact it was so dialed that I wasn't sure what I could change to go faster. But I have some goodies for it just waiting to be put on. And they are some of the more serious upgrades like the smaller diameter ceramic bearings and stuff to lighten up the car a bit. As far as the Slide, well I'm missing like 3 very important parts for the newer rear end and swaybar set up. So I won't take it out till it's 100%. And my newest baby...the MOTONICA!!! I haven't really started the build yet because I am still cleaning out the grease from the bearings so I can oil them properly. But getting there. My guess with the Motonica is that there is less then 15 in the US. So I will be on my own with this puppy. But that's not an issue as I have already had about 4 dudes from all over the World already help out with my build and I haven't even asked anyone yet. They just keep tabs on who has one and offer the help. It's too killer man.

After I get all these 1/8th scales squared away, I need to go through my G4S as she is feeling neglected lately. Poor thing. But I NEED some of those parts that they use on the G4+...like the rear swaybar! Oh that is exactly what I wanted them to make...it looks like the shit man!!! These are the BEST type of sway bars IMO. Serpent has used them for years and you can dial in your car so much faster and easier with this little beasts.

Sweet guys!!! Well I need to try and paint some or something. Talk soon my KILLER G4S crew!!!!
Old 05-29-2007, 02:33 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by asil
track is resurfaced.. it's asphalt and there was no need to treat it

my set-up;

FRONT
------
width : 199 mm.
camber : 2 deg.
toe : 1 deg
caster : 2mm.
front gear diff: 30.000 wt
roll bar : 90 deg.
ride height : 5.5 mm.
spring : 1.6 mm (Team Magic)

REAR
-----
width : 200 mm.
camber : 3 deg.
toe : 2 deg
rear gear diff : 10.000 wt
roll bar : 45 deg.
ride height : 6 mm.
spring : 1.5 mm (Team Magic)

1st pinion: 18 spur:51
2nd pinion: 24 spur:46

Engine: CRF 2007
Clutch: 1 weight, std shoe, red spring, nut showing 1 tooth, 0.7mm clutch gap with minimal end play

here are photos;

Very interesting setup!
Does your tyres wear even with this configuration?

Love the track!

What is the total surface area that the track and stand etc is build on?
Old 05-29-2007, 02:53 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by razzor
Hey D good to see u still alive and kicking
pop in a share the love when u can.Look forward to pics of the bods and a unbiased review of the 1/8 kits you have.
Hey razzor my other bro! Have to say like I have been that I miss interacting with you and the others. Your one cool dude man!! Will definitely post some pics over the next few weeks of my new cars and bodies. And will also keep all informed on my opinions of the cars. As I mentioned earlier I have only raced the Serpent '07 960, and it one hell of a car!!! The durability and handleing is World class right out of the box. But time will tell with all 3 cars. I plan on attending a "BIG" race at least every month this year. So lots of racing on lots of tracks! I will be throwing the G4S into the mix as well at some of these events. But to be honest, I want that G4+. That car seemed to address all the issues that I personally wanted changed. Well, at least most of the issues.

Well razzor my friend, I hope all is going well (sounds as though it is). I have trully missed you and the others. So I plan on changing that. Talk soon bro!!! Later man!
Old 05-29-2007, 03:02 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by British Menace
Good to hear from you! We were wondering
Sounds as though you have alot on your plate at the moment. Will be nice to see the bodies when you've done.
I hope you are well and the G4 is waiting patiently for your attention

Menace
DUUUUUUUUDE!!! Yes, I have lots on my plate. But it's a cool ass plate man! Anyway, weren't we going to try and plan a race together in Nebraska?? Or am I getting everyone mixed up? With all the stuff going on in my life, it wouldn't be that difficult for me to mix stuff up. Plus I take some pretty strong pain medicine for my back and that just about eliminates parts of my memory. NOT Cool man!! I'll get off all this crap as soon as I can schedule a surgery. But enough of that boring stuff. Remind me about the race bro!! I still want to hook up and tear it up with you man! SWEET!!! Talk with you soon partner! Later!!!!
Old 05-29-2007, 04:21 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Serpentd
DUUUUUUUUDE!!! Yes, I have lots on my plate. But it's a cool ass plate man! Anyway, weren't we going to try and plan a race together in Nebraska?? Or am I getting everyone mixed up? With all the stuff going on in my life, it wouldn't be that difficult for me to mix stuff up. Plus I take some pretty strong pain medicine for my back and that just about eliminates parts of my memory. NOT Cool man!! I'll get off all this crap as soon as I can schedule a surgery. But enough of that boring stuff. Remind me about the race bro!! I still want to hook up and tear it up with you man! SWEET!!! Talk with you soon partner! Later!!!!
Tooo right man.
We were going to go Lincoln, Nebraska in August I think.
Will have to look up the date again tommorow, unless you beat me to it....lol
The track does not look bad there. Would be great to go beat it up one weekend eh?

It's nice to have you back on here d. Quite a few people have missed ya !!

Sorry to hear about the back. I know if your backs bad, it makes you feel rough all over. Get that surgery scheduled in. Hey.......and you'll nead someone to take good care of those R/C cars of yours while your having it done too.............. I'll be there!!!.....lol

Take care and get those cars built. Enjoy !

Menace
Old 05-29-2007, 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by casimirsa
Very interesting setup!
Does your tyres wear even with this configuration?

Love the track!

What is the total surface area that the track and stand etc is build on?
I've no idea about surface area fronts wear even, rear left wear 0.3mm more than rear right in 10 mins.

Asil
Old 05-29-2007, 08:52 AM

Default tire chunking

hi, I'm having problems with tire chunking in the rear and I dont know what to do to resolve it. It mostly happens when I run tires above 61mm in the rear. I run 4mm rear camber to fight this issue but it still happens. I've also rounded the edges. Has anyone tried truing the tires with slight positive camber to fix this problem?
Old 05-29-2007, 09:13 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Paul Wall
hi, I'm having problems with tire chunking in the rear and I dont know what to do to resolve it. It mostly happens when I run tires above 61mm in the rear. I run 4mm rear camber to fight this issue but it still happens. I've also rounded the edges. Has anyone tried truing the tires with slight positive camber to fix this problem?
does the track you drive on have curbs that is angled sharp?? if so that is the biggest isue at our track!
Old 05-29-2007, 09:27 AM

Yes, there are slightly banked turns and certain sections of the track are a little rough
Old 05-29-2007, 09:34 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Paul Wall
Generally chunking is from excursions off the race line or mixing it with fellow competitors
I run 64mm tyres and buy those stickers for the side wall or put some super glue/contact glue.
Might not be the right thing to do but havent had anyone correct me.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.