Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Magic G4

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2007, 07:28 AM
Tech Elite

rmd thats sweet bud
since you doing all thsi research i think you need to check out 3hobby.net for the build reviews and Daz's setups and new G4+ car pics.

Take my hat of to you for outting your website together ,its coming along well and is sure to be THE reference site for the cars you have on it.
Thank you for taking the time to do it
Old 05-26-2007, 08:13 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rmdhawaii
This will make it much easier to find all of gansei's cool mods and videos:

http://www.nitrokb.com/gansei/
Excellent work RMD, am sure Gansei will be thrilled when he sees it!
Old 05-26-2007, 08:13 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by razzor
rmd thats sweet bud
since you doing all thsi research i think you need to check out 3hobby.net for the build reviews and Daz's setups and new G4+ car pics.

Take my hat of to you for outting your website together ,its coming along well and is sure to be THE reference site for the cars you have on it.
Thanks for supporting and recommending 3hobby.net bud.
Old 05-26-2007, 12:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

rmd thats sweet bud

Thanks razzor.

I initially found Slow's G4S build review at TM's Web site (here) and I have seen the G4+ photos.
Old 05-26-2007, 12:52 PM
Tech Elite

Next weekend the 1st to 3rd June is the Tecrace 2007 in Spain.
Large entry of G4S cars and also big drivers.

Darren Johnson (Muppetracing/Daz) and Adrien bertin are entered.
Wish Muppet best of luck !!!

http://www.teammagic.com.tw/en/newsf...15112024-74837
Old 05-26-2007, 12:55 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Sow&Steady
Excellent work RMD, am sure Gansei will be thrilled when he sees it!
Thanks Slow. I need to update my individual sites with links to 3Hobby as well. I will be sure to make time for that this weekend.
Old 05-26-2007, 12:59 PM
Tech Elite

Next weekend the 1st to 3rd June is the Tecrace 2007 in Spain.
Large entry of G4S cars and also big drivers.

Darren Johnson (Muppetracing/Daz) and Adrien bertin are entered.
Wish Muppet best of luck !!!

http://www.teammagic.com.tw/en/newsf...15112024-74837
That should be a very interesting match between Daz and Bertin. Too bad Adrien has to run the RRR. Team Magic should give him a G4S/+ to use at the event. I doubt he could use it though, as Kyosho now owns Team Orion.
Old 05-26-2007, 01:06 PM
Tech Elite

It would be interesting for sure
Just hope we get some news over the race weekend.
Old 05-26-2007, 07:33 PM
Tech Adept

Very nice
Originally Posted by rmdhawaii
This will make it much easier to find all of gansei's cool mods and videos:

http://www.nitrokb.com/gansei/
Old 05-27-2007, 10:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

guys, i had my G4S for exactly 1 yr now, but then i have already changed a new battery pack, and currently this 6mths old pack is flat again. i only play on weekends. I was wondering if my Muchmore charger is causing the problem here. Coz with the stock pack, i used CTXC charge, and realize that most of the batteries that i charged, including those AA size ones, were damaged very fast. so with that DIY soldered GP1000 mah pack, i used Muchmore peak charge 0.4-0.5A, but then after 6mths, its flat again.

so my question here is if its better to use those overnight charger to charge the car battery pack. thanks.
Old 05-27-2007, 11:51 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by uniquexme
guys, i had my G4S for exactly 1 yr now, but then i have already changed a new battery pack, and currently this 6mths old pack is flat again. i only play on weekends. I was wondering if my Muchmore charger is causing the problem here. Coz with the stock pack, i used CTXC charge, and realize that most of the batteries that i charged, including those AA size ones, were damaged very fast. so with that DIY soldered GP1000 mah pack, i used Muchmore peak charge 0.4-0.5A, but then after 6mths, its flat again.

so my question here is if its better to use those overnight charger to charge the car battery pack. thanks.
I hope that your wording is a bit wrong! the way i read this is that you charge it a expect the charge to last 6 months!
i assume you want to say that you battery pack only lasts six months and then it is defunct.
Firstly as per most of the battery manufactures specifications you not suppose to charge at more that 10% of the batteries rating! i.e. if you have a 1000mAh battery pack then 0.1A.
i normally charge my receiver pack at 0.2A to 0.3A! From experience certain batteries gets to hot @ 0.4-0.5A. 45 degree Celcius is the max for battery
Further more if you solder your pack you must be VERY careful!
Your need to use a 60W or higher (not higher than 100W) and more important good solder with a high tin content!
DEANS solder works well, but a good hardware or electric shop will have 60% tin solder.
Using a solder with a high tin content lowers the melting point of the solder which allows you to solder fast and the batteries is not exposed to high temperatures for "long" periods of time.
What also helps is to use some additional flux! If you do so remember to clean the terminals well afterwards with some motor spray or equivalent!
Old 05-28-2007, 12:35 AM
Tech Elite

casimirsa is correct.
I charge with a peak detection at .3amps the night before the meet.Then repeak pack at teh track and after 2nd or 3rd heat.We usually have a 30 min practice session in the morning, 3 or 4 heats and a 15/20 min final.
I have yet to have a battery issue after almost 12 months on my 1000mah Sanyo pack i made up.
I use a Swallow charger with no issues.
Old 05-28-2007, 12:47 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

hmm, i guess i didn't explained it too well. haha.. yeah, thats wat i meant. so i think its really advisable to use those overnight wall charger then. coz i bought a RTR bike, and it comes with this charger, i guess after replacing this battery pack, i will use that overnight wall charger instead. but heh, when i charge the bike, left it overnight, around 12 hours, the light on the wall charger still red, isn't it supposed to turn off or green? kekek. coz i never use this type of charger b4. thanks.
Old 05-28-2007, 12:56 AM
Tech Apprentice

hmm, i guess i didn't explained it too well. haha.. yeah, thats wat i meant. so i think its really advisable to use those overnight wall charger then. coz i bought a RTR bike, and it comes with this charger, i guess after replacing this battery pack, i will use that overnight wall charger instead. but heh, when i charge the bike, left it overnight, around 12 hours, the light on the wall charger still red, isn't it supposed to turn off or green? kekek. coz i never use this type of charger b4. thanks.

STOP! The RTR bikes normally has 6 or 8 cells.

That charger is configured for the bikes battery!

Rather invest in a swallow or similar if your charger cannot go lower or adjust peak detect!
Old 05-28-2007, 01:04 AM
Tech Elite

Bud dont use the wall charger supplied !!!
The MMctxc is more than adequate for the job.
Id suggest discharging pack on the CTXC with a 5.6v cutoff or even give it a cycle.Check what mah it takes after a charge and you should be able to judge if pack is good or not.Anything above 900mah after a charge should be good.Remember charge at .2/.3 amps and set charge cut off at .1 or .2v max.
http://nexusracing.net/newsdesk_info.php?newsdesk_id=29

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.