Wiki Posts
Search

Team Magic G4

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2007, 08:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by asw7576
What are you doing ??

I would use 3x12mm screws to hold very strongly the side stiffeners, rear bulkheads, and upper deck towers.
G4S's chassis is easily bended by hand hold.

because recevier hole under chassis is too large..

so i put engine mount on chassis to prevent bending..

very hard~~

i could not believe screws hardness.

i think this will not affect chassis roll..
Old 07-03-2007, 09:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gansei
if you don't mind, pls change rear upper link like this Link:
(Daz guide it)
http://www.rctech.net/forum/showpost...postcount=7401

i had a good feeling with the rear sway bar 45.

But more test is need
you mean the sway bar angle?

cheers
champ
Old 07-03-2007, 11:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Kodak Hodak
you mean the sway bar angle?

cheers
champ
i tried 45 the sway bar angle. But the sway bar angle is not fixed value.

as ground status.. the sway bar angle can be changed.
Attached Thumbnails Team Magic G4-reartop.jpg  
Old 07-03-2007, 11:49 PM
Tech Elite

Ok for a low grip track but faily highspeed flowing, what would be a good rear camber setup, like how many shims should i use? 1 or 2

i think i must test run first and then make some changes!
Old 07-04-2007, 12:08 AM
Tech Fanatic

Ok for a low grip track but faily highspeed flowing, what would be a good rear camber setup, like how many shims should i use? 1 or 2

i think i must test run first and then make some changes!
i start rear camber 3.5

and i used 2mm shim on the rear hub.
Old 07-04-2007, 01:48 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by gansei
i start rear camber 3.5

and i used 2mm shim on the rear hub.
Thanks again!!!!
Old 07-04-2007, 02:51 AM
Tech Master

Thumbs up g4+

has anyone finished the g4+ kit yet
and do hey use the same set up as the g4s
grub
Old 07-04-2007, 02:52 AM
Tech Master

Thumbs up g4+

has anyone finished the g4+ kit yet
and do hey use the same set up as the g4s
grub
Old 07-04-2007, 05:20 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi,

I've been a G4S owner for some time and have really enjoyed reading through this forum. There are some really interesting characters posting on here and much of the information has been really helpful. The G4S is a great car and despite the G4+ now being available I will be sticking with the G4S.

Most of the issues that have been highlighted in this forum from when the G4S first became available I have experienced, e.g. clitching, clutch set-up, car set-up, receiver location, etc. But with all the help and advice from those contributing here on this forum I have managed to resolve these issues.

I have been running a Nova .12 LS3 but am looking to replace it with a JP Rex RT12S1 3P. Judging from what I have read there is a wide range of engines being used in this car and clearly everyone has their own preference.

I don't rate myself as a good driver so I won't be giving any accounts of my racing achievements but I do enjoy reading those from others here on this forum. Anyway just wanted to say Hi and also say thanks for all the helpful information and advice.
Old 07-04-2007, 06:36 AM
Tech Adept

Default G4S

Hi Gansei,

Are you planning coming to Australia in future? I think you would be more than welcome at our local track in Perth. G4S Superstar's always welcome!!
Old 07-04-2007, 06:45 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by conrod51
Hi,

I've been a G4S owner for some time and have really enjoyed reading through this forum. There are some really interesting characters posting on here and much of the information has been really helpful. The G4S is a great car and despite the G4+ now being available I will be sticking with the G4S.

Most of the issues that have been highlighted in this forum from when the G4S first became available I have experienced, e.g. clitching, clutch set-up, car set-up, receiver location, etc. But with all the help and advice from those contributing here on this forum I have managed to resolve these issues.

I have been running a Nova .12 LS3 but am looking to replace it with a JP Rex RT12S1 3P. Judging from what I have read there is a wide range of engines being used in this car and clearly everyone has their own preference.

I don't rate myself as a good driver so I won't be giving any accounts of my racing achievements but I do enjoy reading those from others here on this forum. Anyway just wanted to say Hi and also say thanks for all the helpful information and advice.
Hey Champ, welcome to the G4S/G4+ crew - cheers for welcoming yaself with warm words!

Yes we all try new ideas here , you know engine combo's exhaust etc! The Nova LS3 is a great engine was used in many G4S at our local track and work with flying colours....!

i am sure if you test your new engine, i have heard great things and that there rather powerful! maybe check the engine section on reviews etc!!!

I think Gansei used one back in the days, he might have more info on this!

keep it up and enjoy this thread!!!
Old 07-04-2007, 07:13 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by vc05hdt
Hi Gansei,

Are you planning coming to Australia in future? I think you would be more than welcome at our local track in Perth. G4S Superstar's always welcome!!
you are welcome!!

i am not superstar.. only G4S enthusiastic driver!!

i have no plan go to Australia
(i had a chance to go Australia to learn some educational session(IBM) in recent day. But i rejected. i don't like to go oversea alone)

But if Big event(IFMAR,FEMCA etc on) will be opened in Australia, i will go!!!
Old 07-04-2007, 07:26 AM
Tech Elite

Hey Guys, made some changes tonight and also made up the intial setup for breakin engine and first test run!

quick question i meassure my wheel base from wheel thread nut to front and back each side!

correct me if i am wrong i have 260mm wheelbase is this correct measuremnts or am i doing or better yet meassuring from wrong section of car?

Also notice the rear flywing arms, the bottom spacers on fly wing arms pins is this the right area where to place spacers to adjust wheel base? "view image attached

cheers
Attached Thumbnails Team Magic G4-digital-007.jpg   Team Magic G4-digital-010.jpg   Team Magic G4-digital-014.jpg   Team Magic G4-digital-017.jpg   Team Magic G4-digital-021.jpg  

Old 07-04-2007, 07:45 AM
Tech Fanatic

Hey Guys, made some changes tonight and also made up the intial setup for breakin engine and first test run!

quick question i meassure my wheel base from wheel thread nut to front and back each side!

correct me if i am wrong i have 260mm wheelbase is this correct measuremnts or am i doing or better yet meassuring from wrong section of car?

Also notice the rear flywing arms, the bottom spacers on fly wing arms pins is this the right area where to place spacers to adjust wheel base? "view image attached

cheers
yes!! you r right!! good job..
Old 07-04-2007, 07:57 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default clutch activity movie..

Hi! G4S users and Daz..

this is my clutch activity test movie

i did same clutch setup what i suffered from UFO2 Shoe wear out in last weekend.

is it slip? is it too late meet?

it's only 0.3mm clutch gap..

please see the movie and give me advice.

http://tvpot.daum.net/clip/ClipViewB...able=undefined

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.