Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Magic G4

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2007, 09:24 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Z00M
We had round 10 today of our club championship. Finally the weather was good to us, even if it was a little cool, it was much better than the rain we have been seeing lately.

I started out pretty poorly, still having radio issues even though I had changed to a lipo battery and changed the steering servo that I thought was the issue. Turns out, the throttle servo was no good as well, and this had me in the fence at the end of the main straight twice at full speed and a barrel roll across the infield that was pretty spectacular. The only damage was a chunked tire, a shock ball stud pulled out of the arm and the body is looking very second hand.

So by the third round of qualifying, I had a complete 5 min run and I was pleased and could start thinking about tyres and setup. In the fourth round with new tyres, the rear of the car was still very loose on turn in. Best lap up until that point for me was a low 17 sec lap.

I made some changes to the setup and redid my shocks as I think I may have used the wrong oil last time I built them. The car was instantly better from the start of the 10 min main. I was actually able to drive the car with some confidence which I haven't had for a while.

I had qualified 5th and I was 3rd behind Patto at the end of the first lap. I managed to get up on the tail of Paul but I didn't have enough in reserve to get by him. He was driving really well, even though he was down on engine power for the final. Since Paul was on all my apexes, I had to wait close behind him and see how things went.

Paul made the smallest mistake going on to the back straight and I got past before the next corner. I was able to make a small gap and we both seemed to gain a little ground on the leader but he had made good his escape by this time. At the end of the final, I was 3 sec behind the leader and Paul was only another 6 sec further back. So it was a good tight final with the first 3 cars covered by only 10 seconds.

I really enjoyed the second half of my day once I had gotten my radio issues under control finally. It has been a long time coming (probably 2 months since I had a clean run), and now I am looking forward to getting back to developing the setup (Paul had some interesting things on his car as well ) instead of dicking around with the radio gear.

Sorry for the long post, it just feels good to get back on the track.
Great news for you and Patto. Did you do the right thing and quickly drive home to visit your father and father in law on Fathers Day?
Old 09-02-2007, 09:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vc05hdt
Great news for you and Patto. Did you do the right thing and quickly drive home to visit your father and father in law on Fathers Day?
It would be a long drive for me to see my father, and the father-in-law is not on the scene. So my duties were fulfilled once I had phoned my father in the morning, so not all of us had to stay away from the track. Everyones situation is different Marc.
Old 09-03-2007, 02:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

It would be a long drive for me to see my father, and the father-in-law is not on the scene. So my duties were fulfilled once I had phoned my father in the morning, so not all of us had to stay away from the track. Everyones situation is different Marc.
So true Mike, everyones situation is a bit different. i cant even ring him to wish him well. but my thaughts always on his birthday and fathers day, are with him.
anyways, i just wish the 10 min track time was 10 mins i could have turned the slug into a missile again oh well at least i made the right decision to change the carb when i did, the little time i had to tune afterwards certainly stopped a stall from the start or a flame out in the fuel stop. and i looked back and it is the first time i did 35 laps. so the day was an improvement after all. when i get some time ill get some pics up of the changes i made during the off week. it certainly didnt feel much different in the weight balance, it was actually fairly consistent from full tank to empty. this was a concern , but now im happy with what i did. pics soon.
Old 09-03-2007, 03:20 AM
Tech Elite

ok here we go, i wanted to make the Li-Po 1500mah battery fit nice and snug, and made a little more space by standing the throttle servo up and off set the fuel tank just a little. i will take some more pics when i take off the radio tray later, but where the reciever used to be, there is now enclosure of plastic, and padded by the softer side of velcro. so no rubbing and the battery is nice and protected. then the reciever is on the middle of the chassis and is also enclosed by plastic. the reg is stuck to the outer side of the throttle servo. all wiring is neatly tucked away and is fully insulated by plastic , so no chance of touching the chassis or the carbon radio plate. i am using the futaba faast reciever, so its a little chunky where the antenna wire comes out, so any other reciever would be a better fit i think. but here are a few pics. again when i get it all pulled down, ill take some under pics of the radio plate.
Attached Thumbnails Team Magic G4-side-1288-x-966-.jpg   Team Magic G4-top1-966-x-1288-.jpg   Team Magic G4-top2-966-x-1288-.jpg  
Old 09-03-2007, 04:40 AM
Tech Adept

Yes I agree, and I wish to have more track time like my first season. Next year will be a hopeful 80% racing attendance so will get to enjoy racing all my cars starting with G4S, then if it breaks XRay. By the way, whilst I have a French surname, my name is spelt with a K on the end Michel Im so envious of you guys!
Old 09-03-2007, 04:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

interesting Patto - thats differant for sure how does it handle?
Old 09-03-2007, 08:43 AM
Tech Adept

The G4S is a great car in every sense.Got a used one but Im very happy with it.The only thing I would try to improve is the limited space for the receiver and cables.Can't wait for the G4+
Old 09-03-2007, 11:46 AM
Tech Fanatic

my rc and bodies movie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zU5MxKQO9nE

my korea nick is "Bander"
Old 09-03-2007, 06:32 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by gansei
my rc and bodies movie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zU5MxKQO9nE

my korea nick is "Bander"

Cool video.Are you a designer by trade?Your body shells are nicely done.
Old 09-04-2007, 03:20 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Kodak Hodak
interesting Patto - thats differant for sure how does it handle?
well i didnt notice much difference at all, wether a full tank or empty, was consistent the whole way through. i also went consistently faster in the qualies, grouping 16's together then a few flat 17's then back to 16's where before i did one or 2 16's and more mid 17's. so consistently faster , but also worked on the car setup a bit. seemed to find a good tire combo that im happy with. 42 fronts and 40 rears. one thing i did notice is the more direct feel in the throttle and brakes. that was the biggest thing i noticed. seemed more direct feel.
Old 09-04-2007, 07:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by suck_my_exhaust
Cool video.Are you a designer by trade?Your body shells are nicely done.
no.. i am not a designer.

some body is not my works.. my rc friends or sponsor made it!!

Last edited by gansei; 09-04-2007 at 08:21 PM.
Old 09-04-2007, 08:02 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Is Dario going to post his setup from the 07 EC? Track conditions sound familiar to here, I am interested to see it.
Old 09-04-2007, 11:56 PM
Tech Apprentice

This years Onroad Finals will be held in Lincoln Nebraska and hosted by The Midwest Racers Organization. The date is October 13th & 14th. I'm completing the flier now.
Like last year.

Your points scored in your division races (best 2) will be added to the points scored at the finals to determine the National Champions. Also like last year even if you have not ran in a divisional you can race at the Onroad Finals. Points value for the Onroad Finals is the same as last year DOUBLE POINTS.
New this year for all RC Pro National Series - you can score points outside your division. These points will be used toward your National Points Standings. We will count the best 2 races for the National Points going in to the Finals.

The Team Magic RTR Sedan Class will be ran at the National Finals in a non-point class. The top prize for the champion is a Team Magic G4S RTR supplied by the class sponsor Team Magic.

Printable Version Here

Source: RC Pro Series

Last edited by TM Sean; 09-05-2007 at 12:06 AM.
Old 09-05-2007, 06:50 AM
Tech Elite

Shout out to Darren Johnson aka Daz aka Muppetracer

C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S !!!!

Muppet has tied up the UK 200mm Championship for 2007 !!!

another championship to add to his title wins and giving more credibility to an awesome car.
Old 09-05-2007, 11:52 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by razzor
Shout out to Darren Johnson aka Daz aka Muppetracer

C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S !!!!

Muppet has tied up the UK 200mm Championship for 2007 !!!

another championship to add to his title wins and giving more credibility to an awesome car.
YEEEHAAAA! that will cause a stir here in SA! Now it is up to the USA drivers to do the SAME!

South Africa WILL follow suite shortly!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.