Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree68Likes

Tamiya TA05 Touring Sedan

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2006, 08:12 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 108 (100%+)

Exactly, except i mount my personal on my servo.
Originally Posted by westerdude42
Better yet don't use it. You can mount a personal on the front bumper, and if you have the house style put a long body clip under the ones that set your front body height. It will stay secure there and not change the side to side weight of the car.
Old 09-04-2006, 09:43 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Well I mounted the transponder up front and it worked fine. Now I just gotta stop crashing. I took 6th in the B main last night. The Lexus shell handles very well.
Old 09-04-2006, 10:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Hey Minijosh, what kind of surface are you running...and what is your set-up?? I like the pics of your car.--Al
Old 09-05-2006, 06:41 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Has anyone tried the super hard and ultra hard springs on carpet yet?
Paul
Old 09-05-2006, 12:55 PM
Tech Regular

Talking

Indoor carpet is what we run on. Only carpet dragons and c-27 tires are allowed. No additives. Stock pinion with p2k2 pro motor. I might go up one or 2 for more speed. I have 415 shocks on it. Traded my trf's for them. Blue is better. LRP pro sport digital esc and 75 fm gives me light. I've been using my old 3300's but I got some 4300's I have to test out now. Silver springs in back and blue up front. I hope this helps.
Old 09-07-2006, 02:23 PM
Tech Apprentice

more off-power steering

I run my TA05 on tight a parking lot track, and I can't seem to get it to have enough off-power steering. I'm running std suspension (4deg caster blocks), the stock front knuckle setting (whichever one gave the higher axle height, and "back" ackermann position), and TRF dampers-2 hole piston-40wt oil, AE gold spring front and AE blue on the back. Front downtravel is "5" on the AE droop gauge, and rear downtravel is "4" on the AE droop gauge. Roll center positions and wheelbase are as per the kit setup.

Which one will make a greater increase in steering: switching the front knuckles round (lower front axle height) or moving the outer (front knuckle) ackermann position forward? Or is there something really wrong with my setup and/or I should try and change something else before changing these?
Old 09-07-2006, 03:03 PM
Tech Champion

I'd try more droop in the rear, and maybe try 1 step softer springs in the front.
Old 09-07-2006, 04:03 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by P956LH
I run my TA05 on tight a parking lot track, and I can't seem to get it to have enough off-power steering. I'm running std suspension (4deg caster blocks), the stock front knuckle setting (whichever one gave the higher axle height, and "back" ackermann position), and TRF dampers-2 hole piston-40wt oil, AE gold spring front and AE blue on the back. Front downtravel is "5" on the AE droop gauge, and rear downtravel is "4" on the AE droop gauge. Roll center positions and wheelbase are as per the kit setup.

Which one will make a greater increase in steering: switching the front knuckles round (lower front axle height) or moving the outer (front knuckle) ackermann position forward? Or is there something really wrong with my setup and/or I should try and change something else before changing these?
Take away front droop
Old 09-07-2006, 05:16 PM
Tech Champion

Off power steering won't be affected by less droop in the front. On power yes, as it keeps the weight transfer to the rear down. But off power going into the turn you want the weight transfered to the front, hence more rear droop and a stiffer rear spring. These changes will transfer more weight quicker to the front resulting in more steering. I would start with the droop first...I'd bet it'll be enough.

Now if you want more on and off power steering, then yes also take away some front droop...but be careful that it doesn't make the car loose on power as with less front droop there will be less weight transfered to the rear and then less traction.
Old 09-08-2006, 12:15 AM
Tech Apprentice

OK gotcha. Thanks a lot.
Old 09-08-2006, 12:48 AM
Tech Master

Red face SPRING-TIME!

Originally Posted by P956LH

I see what your proablem is, your running AE springs instead of Tamiya springs.
It's like running Ford parts on a chevy! It just won't work!
Seriously, unless your running carpet or indoor asphalt with very hight traction, the AE springs have way too much pressure.
The most spring pressure I ran on asphalt is the white but this was high grip track,usually run yellow or blue with medium to low traction These are Tamiya springs!
Not sure about the blue? Aren't the AE golds in the 20 lb. range?
Lighter springs will probably solve your problem!
Just my2$
(Tamiya spring pressures):

Purple 22.72
Gray 20.91
White Short 17.54
Silver 16.13
Blue Short 15.69
White 15.27
Blue 14.08
Yellow Short 13.99
Yellow 13.33
Red Short 12.35
Red 11.86

Last edited by maxepower; 09-08-2006 at 01:10 AM.
Old 09-08-2006, 07:31 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default questions

hi all,
i'm actually looking for aluminum bulkhead for ta05. i understand there are different brands such as xenon, square and 3racing producting them. are there more besides these 3 companies? i intend to get the 3racing type as it looks pretty decent and the price is much lower compared to xenon and squre, but it seems like 3racing is not producing it anymore as it was labeled as unavaliavle all the time.

is there a chance to purchase it any where? if not, are there any brands producing it besides the 3 i've mentioned? thank u very much
Old 09-08-2006, 07:58 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default ..

i've done lots of hop ups and mod to my ta05.

1. xenon graphite chasis
2. full titanium screws
3. aluminum motor mount
4. aluminum side motor brace
5. aluminum racing steering
6. center 1 way
7. trf shocks
8. front aluminum suspenion mount
8. rear aluminum suspenion mount
10. front carbon damper stay
11. rear carbon damper stay
12. carbon center plate
13. high precision diff

and the list goes on and on. i've already hopped to the stage that i can even build out another ta05 from my spares. i've spent lots of time and effort and the amount of $ spent together is definately more den buying a 415msx. but after so much, it still seems a grade lower den trf415msx in the eyes of others. quite sad but i really like my car. i juz some how felt that if i fully hop it up, it has the potential to out run the 415.

actually sometimes i'll ask myself y don't i juz get a 415msx instead as it cost lesser, but i like the structure of the ta05. i believe its weight distribution and handling can win 415. its all my own views though. but something to be sure of is, its definately a unqiue car

pls don't flame me i juz wanna share how i felt bout the whole ta05 thing.can u all share your views too? pls correct me if i'm wrong in any point. thanks
Old 09-08-2006, 09:29 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

just wondering... when will be TA05-R release..hehehhe
Old 09-08-2006, 09:38 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by doodoo
i juz some how felt that if i fully hop it up, it has the potential to out run the 415.

actually sometimes i'll ask myself y don't i juz get a 415msx instead as it cost lesser, but i like the structure of the ta05. i believe its weight distribution and handling can win 415. its all my own views though. but something to be sure of is, its definately a unqiue car

pls don't flame me i juz wanna share how i felt bout the whole ta05 thing.can u all share your views too? pls correct me if i'm wrong in any point. thanks
Flame you!? What idiot would do such a thing? The TA05 IS AN AWESOME CAR!!! There's a fella (Jeff Kuney) at my local track *SIR* that's cleaning house with the thing. Two weeks ago we had a GT3 Series ending at our track with Triple A's and he and myself went one & two against a fully bad ass class of Silver can racers. We both were running TA05's (mine is fully hopped to Tamiya specs & his is not so hopped up AND he's got the stock plastic chassis on it still!!) Two weeks before then a bunch of our locals went to TCS Nats and he got 3rd or 4th in the A (GT-2).
And in the past week, he's beaten up on all of our MRE's (there's 14 of us who have them ), Yokes and X-Ray's. Even the BEST driver at our track (Tamiya sponsered Dan Garber) has felt the wrath of the TA05 I do have to admit though that it is Dan's set-up on the car that makes it work so good but Jeff is driving the hell out of the car.
So to anyone that is saying that the car isn't competitive against the top end cars- I BEG TO DIFFER
BTW if anyone is looking for a KILLER set-up to try, give me a holla. Dan's set-up is the SHiZniT...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.