Search
Like Tree288Likes

Tamiya mini cooper

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2012, 05:43 PM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Hmm...hacked M05 chassis to fit square brick lipos.
Old 03-25-2012, 09:38 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by toast.
I have a Intellispeed DRXM1059, which says its for 18T motors and doesn't state that its for brushless. So looks like im grabbing a new esc also.

Looking at ezrun combo for $70 or should i look elsewhere?
Id rather spend a little more up front so that i dont have to replace it in the short run but i havent read anything negative regarding ezrun.
The way the motor is hooked up in the manual indicates that you Duratrax esc is for a brushed motor so you can't use it with an ezrun.
Like monkeyracing said, for the price the ezrun system gives you the best bang for your buck. I've been using the 13t one for over 2 years with no problems. With the timing and punch turned up its similar to a Tamiya black but much more reliable.
Old 03-25-2012, 09:42 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rccartips
Hi just some pics from titc 2012.

1. Gambada short wheelbase of 2nd placer. Body is short Suzuki Swift by ABC. He used oil filled gear diff, felt medium action (not locked). Shocks also felt medium dampening.

2. M05 with interesting clear case lipos.
Do you have any idea who makes the purple steering arms up front in the Gambado?

Last edited by Sydewynder; 03-25-2012 at 10:10 PM. Reason: Add Gambado
Old 03-26-2012, 06:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I think it was 3racing.
Old 03-26-2012, 09:08 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default M04 steering...Help!!!

I have a M04 that runs very well on my large 8th scale home track.

But I can't keep tbe steering centered.
Tried a new servo, hi-torque servo saver, even a modded kimbrough servo saver and nothing works. Any advice?
Old 03-26-2012, 11:33 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

How is the connection between the front and rear sections of the chassis? The M04 has always had a weak spot there. I usually fixed the problem by replacing the stock screws with longer M3 machine screws.

Jim
Old 03-26-2012, 01:45 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by monkeyracing
How is the connection between the front and rear sections of the chassis? The M04 has always had a weak spot there. I usually fixed the problem by replacing the stock screws with longer M3 machine screws.

Jim
I replaced all the screws during assembly with allen M3 Machine screws...I hate phillips screws

Now, you mentioned..I just noted I have two little cracks around the lower screw holes on the chassis, the ones that join the front end to the chassis...maybe this will be the reason???
Old 03-26-2012, 01:57 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by prorace
I replaced all the screws during assembly with allen M3 Machine screws...I hate phillips screws

Now, you mentioned..I just noted I have two little cracks around the lower screw holes on the chassis, the ones that join the front end to the chassis...maybe this will be the reason???
That may be it. I would suggest that you stockup if you find replacement parts for the M-04. They are becoming rare.
Old 03-26-2012, 08:56 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sydewynder
Do you have any idea who makes the purple steering arms up front in the Gambado?
They are made by Jet Racing. They also make the motor plates.

I got sets from someone at the TITC event
Old 03-26-2012, 08:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rccartips
Hi just some pics from titc 2012.

1. Gambada short wheelbase of 2nd placer. Body is short Suzuki Swift by ABC. He used oil filled gear diff, felt medium action (not locked). Shocks also felt medium dampening.

2. M05 with interesting clear case lipos.
Nice bodyshell

That was mine. Should never lend to faster drivers

The track was so good at TITC I actually ran my Gambado on springs only .... no shocks. It made no difference
Old 03-28-2012, 08:10 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I just bought a set of cvds for my m05 and they seem really tight and appear to bind the suspension.

I got part number 53597? Did I get the wrong part?

I tried pulling the o-rings out but it still seems tight, I am running the stock gear diff not sure if that is ok to do when running these but they sure aren't going anywhere...
Old 04-01-2012, 08:23 AM
Tech Apprentice

What are the m05 max steering angle? with stock plastic steering link.

so i can adjust the travel in my spektrum.

my m05 eat front tyres in cornering after installing new alumimum steering link, has more steering angle.
Old 04-01-2012, 09:50 AM
Tech Adept

Default 3Racing oil-filled gear diff handling need HELP!!!

I finally got my M05 handling nicer than my M03R but got tired of it diffing out in the slower corners of our indoor track so have put in an oil filled diff with 10,000wt oil in it. It has ruined my car . Now under any acceleration it snaps violently to the right and backing off then causes it to lunge to the left so hard it nearly always spins out. Driving along the main straight is like watching an ECG trace on a heart monitor. This must have happened to someone before, so how the hell do you cure it? Was thinking of going to MUCH MUCH thicker oil? I have a hi torque servo saver, alloy servo horn and a very beefy metal geared servo and the Tamiya alloy steering set so I know it's not a weakness in the steering area. Also running TRF mini shocks with blue front and yellow rear springs. Please help before I throw this chassis in the trash and go back to my TT01.
Old 04-01-2012, 11:52 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mini35
I finally got my M05 handling nicer than my M03R but got tired of it diffing out in the slower corners of our indoor track so have put in an oil filled diff with 10,000wt oil in it. It has ruined my car . Now under any acceleration it snaps violently to the right and backing off then causes it to lunge to the left so hard it nearly always spins out. Driving along the main straight is like watching an ECG trace on a heart monitor. This must have happened to someone before, so how the hell do you cure it? Was thinking of going to MUCH MUCH thicker oil? I have a hi torque servo saver, alloy servo horn and a very beefy metal geared servo and the Tamiya alloy steering set so I know it's not a weakness in the steering area. Also running TRF mini shocks with blue front and yellow rear springs. Please help before I throw this chassis in the trash and go back to my TT01.
Had exactly the same issues, but in stead of going thicker I checked all the possibilities for tweak In The chassis. This helped a lot but didt cure it. I then went thicker on oil and this made it even worse! So went lighter. Ended up at 5000wt oil. No diffing out and no handling issues. Happy days!
Old 04-01-2012, 12:09 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks Mutley, I am going to semi-strip the chassis tomorrow and will change the oil to 5000wt and see how I get on. Fingers crossed.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.