Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Tamiya mini cooper >

Tamiya mini cooper

Like Tree288Likes

Tamiya mini cooper

Old 08-03-2011, 04:36 AM
  #15346  
Tech Initiate
 
craypot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 36
Default

Originally Posted by Sith Lord
Just in case........ Some bigger pics wouldn't go astray
if you're reading this threat can we expect a rock crawler-mini hybrid soon?
craypot is offline  
Old 08-03-2011, 05:21 AM
  #15347  
Tech Master
iTrader: (21)
 
Sith Lord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Canberra, ACT, Australia
Posts: 1,405
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by craypot
if you're reading this threat can we expect a rock crawler-mini hybrid soon?
M05 on 5inch 2.2's There's a project!
Sith Lord is offline  
Old 08-03-2011, 08:24 AM
  #15348  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (12)
 
RC MARKET's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: HK
Posts: 6,279
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Arrowmax
M05 ECS Drive Shaft
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya mini cooper-am-010016.jpg  
RC MARKET is offline  
Old 08-03-2011, 11:46 AM
  #15349  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (2)
 
Timbulb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 2,063
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Who sells those driveshafts?
Timbulb is offline  
Old 08-03-2011, 11:20 PM
  #15350  
Tech Initiate
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 29
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

hi! newbie here ...i have a stock m03 and i changed the motor to a sports tuned one with 18t pinion gear, my question is why is the esc (teu 104bk) and the motor gets so hot? is my pinion gear wrong?
slk128 is offline  
Old 08-03-2011, 11:26 PM
  #15351  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (35)
 
cannon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: A total distraction
Posts: 7,266
Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by slk128
hi! newbie here ...i have a stock m03 and i changed the motor to a sports tuned one with 18t pinion gear, my question is why is the esc (teu 104bk) and the motor gets so hot? is my pinion gear wrong?
Use a 20 tooth pinion

Also how long were you running around for ?
cannon is offline  
Old 08-03-2011, 11:36 PM
  #15352  
Tech Initiate
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 29
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by cannon
Use a 20 tooth pinion

Also how long were you running around for ?
just around 5mins...so 20t would make it run cooler?
slk128 is offline  
Old 08-04-2011, 02:15 AM
  #15353  
Tech Fanatic
 
academygaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: UK
Posts: 754
Default

Originally Posted by Timbulb
Who sells those driveshafts?
RC Market I'd guess.

In other news, I've just cut and drilled a Blitz C30 body to an M03, it clears the servo fine, and I think the nose is long enough to fit over a Xevo chassis, which means you can run it 210mm without it looking goofy.
academygaz is offline  
Old 08-04-2011, 05:45 AM
  #15354  
Tech Regular
 
Tim K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 297
Default

Good to see another brand of double joint universals ... I hope they are stronger than the Spec R items.

The Spec R items worked well and reduced steering chatter when you're on full steering lock ... but I wouldn't run them if you use a spool.
Tim K is offline  
Old 08-04-2011, 05:49 AM
  #15355  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (35)
 
cannon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: A total distraction
Posts: 7,266
Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default

There is also Yeah racing ones just released
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya mini cooper-yrac_m05-015_1.jpg  
cannon is offline  
Old 08-04-2011, 09:36 AM
  #15356  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 7,807
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

The yeah racing ecs look like they can fit an M03 better than the Arrowmax ecs . In any case, I fitted losi lcd's (losa3333) in my M03 with alot of grinding of the ball that holds the pin and the outdrive !!! Yeah racing might also be a better fit than the lcd's ,but might weigh more because of lost lcd material .......
bertrandsv87 is offline  
Old 08-05-2011, 01:00 PM
  #15357  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (7)
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 313
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

2 Questions....
I got the m05 MiTo model and as I was putting it together it dawned on me that the diff isn't sealed and needs something to keep it from diffing out. would some really heavy diff fluid work? I was thinking 300k or even heavier?

The guy at the lhs said he has one and he just used some shoegoo to lock it. I don't want a locked diff do I?

Also, I just realized that this model is the long wheelbase. The guys at the track I'm racing at said i need the medium wheelbase. Can the wheelbase be adjusted? I thought I read somewhere that they are.
nytryder is offline  
Old 08-05-2011, 01:35 PM
  #15358  
Tech Master
iTrader: (5)
 
superspeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,168
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by slk128
just around 5mins...so 20t would make it run cooler?
smaller pinion, longer runtime
bigger pinion, more topspeed

Smaller pinion should make motor run cooler. Both over-gear or under-gear are no good. One overheats everything, and other one lose lots of performance.
superspeed is offline  
Old 08-05-2011, 01:36 PM
  #15359  
Tech Master
iTrader: (5)
 
superspeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,168
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by nytryder
2 Questions....
I got the m05 MiTo model and as I was putting it together it dawned on me that the diff isn't sealed and needs something to keep it from diffing out. would some really heavy diff fluid work? I was thinking 300k or even heavier?

The guy at the lhs said he has one and he just used some shoegoo to lock it. I don't want a locked diff do I?

Also, I just realized that this model is the long wheelbase. The guys at the track I'm racing at said i need the medium wheelbase. Can the wheelbase be adjusted? I thought I read somewhere that they are.

Stock diff uses grease only.
Wheelbase is adjustable, check the manual, you'll need a medium wheelbase body.
superspeed is offline  
Old 08-05-2011, 02:09 PM
  #15360  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (7)
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 313
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Thanks!
nytryder is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.