Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Tamiya mini cooper >

Tamiya mini cooper

Like Tree288Likes

Tamiya mini cooper

Old 07-31-2011, 12:54 PM
  #15331  
Tech Master
 
PizzaDude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Parts Unkown
Posts: 1,099
Default

Originally Posted by Fluffy622
Well i just got home with my new proline protoform panel wagon body for my M05 and holy crap is it a long body for that wheel base! The body probably sticks out 2-3in's in the front and 3in's in the back. I don't know what proline was thinking but it seems to me that the body is way to long for the car. Be cautious when purchasing.
Will it fit a M03 as well?
PizzaDude is offline  
Old 07-31-2011, 01:49 PM
  #15332  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
Fluffy622's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Sioux Falls, SD
Posts: 382
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

It says it fits all M-Chassis cars, as long as its a 225mm wheelbase.
Fluffy622 is offline  
Old 07-31-2011, 10:26 PM
  #15333  
Tech Addict
 
Zac_with_no_K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Tempe, AZ
Posts: 623
Default

Originally Posted by digitrc
The shocks are the same. NOt sure about the springs.

You need to rebuild the shocks with the 6mm spacer inside them. I would recommend getting a set of the "short" Tamiya springs, these are the right length to get good ride height on a Mini.
Thanks.
I actually have a bunch of different kinds of short tamiya springs because I accidently got them for my touring car.

I don't have to add more spacers if I use these just let the shocks compress that much and put them back on?

What hardness levels should I use? soft front medium for rear?

I also have 45 and 35 weight shock oil. would either of these be better than the stock Tamiya shock oil?

Any advice helps,
thanks

Zac
Zac_with_no_K is offline  
Old 07-31-2011, 10:58 PM
  #15334  
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 10
Default

Does this fit a M05 as well? Anyone tryed one?
3Racing gear diff for M06
They have them at RCMart.
4beenevil is offline  
Old 07-31-2011, 11:39 PM
  #15335  
Tech Addict
 
Skitee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa
Posts: 745
Default

Originally Posted by 4beenevil
Does this fit a M05 as well? Anyone tryed one?
3Racing gear diff for M06
They have them at RCMart.
Your answer is ONLY 1 page back.
Skitee is offline  
Old 08-01-2011, 12:19 AM
  #15336  
Tech Apprentice
 
digitrc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 71
Default

Originally Posted by Zac_with_no_K
Thanks.
I actually have a bunch of different kinds of short tamiya springs because I accidently got them for my touring car.

I don't have to add more spacers if I use these just let the shocks compress that much and put them back on?

What hardness levels should I use? soft front medium for rear?

I also have 45 and 35 weight shock oil. would either of these be better than the stock Tamiya shock oil?

Any advice helps,
thanks

Zac
You use the spacers on the outside to set your ride height. Most people run the Mini with the arms level or just below.

Normally people run a stiffer spring on the front. So medium front, soft rear to start.

Shock oil is your choice and is used to tune the car. Any of those oils will be a fine starting point.
digitrc is offline  
Old 08-01-2011, 01:04 AM
  #15337  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (38)
 
caltek1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 3,422
Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default

Post #15281 on page 1019 will answer your question regarding the 3Racing oil gear diff. This fits all MO5 and MO6 mini kits.

Photos, are included in that post.

Mr Lee,

I ran the S-Spec mini on friday night at Castlehill, which is a tight technical track. I used the 1.5 degree rear hubs, with the alloy one degree rear bottom plate, giving a total of 2.5 degrees rear toe in.

I also used a ABC Mitsubishi Colt body and small 55mm rubber tyres front and rear. I also ran blue and yellow short TRF springs with a rear swaybar.

Initially the car was way to responsive, so I adjusted my radio settings and the car was way better to drive. The car had excellent corner speed and still changed direction really well. I think with a few more tweaks the car will be even better.

After running the car I checked the shocks and found that one had no oil , that would have caused some handling deficiencies. I have since rebuilt the shocks and look forward to testing again this weekend.

All in all the car was very good. I will see if I can get the car as good as my MO5LWB. I could actually get the car up on two wheels and the car was still stable when being pushed hard through corners.

Later,

Calvin.
caltek1 is offline  
Old 08-01-2011, 01:59 AM
  #15338  
Tech Addict
 
Zac_with_no_K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Tempe, AZ
Posts: 623
Default

Originally Posted by digitrc
You use the spacers on the outside to set your ride height. Most people run the Mini with the arms level or just below.

Normally people run a stiffer spring on the front. So medium front, soft rear to start.

Shock oil is your choice and is used to tune the car. Any of those oils will be a fine starting point.
Thanks!
Zac_with_no_K is offline  
Old 08-01-2011, 02:51 AM
  #15339  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 258
Default

Originally Posted by caltek1
Mr Lee,

I ran the S-Spec mini on friday night at Castlehill, which is a tight technical track. I used the 1.5 degree rear hubs, with the alloy one degree rear bottom plate, giving a total of 2.5 degrees rear toe in.

I also used a ABC Mitsubishi Colt body and small 55mm rubber tyres front and rear. I also ran blue and yellow short TRF springs with a rear swaybar.

Initially the car was way to responsive, so I adjusted my radio settings and the car was way better to drive. The car had excellent corner speed and still changed direction really well. I think with a few more tweaks the car will be even better.

After running the car I checked the shocks and found that one had no oil , that would have caused some handling deficiencies. I have since rebuilt the shocks and look forward to testing again this weekend.

All in all the car was very good. I will see if I can get the car as good as my MO5LWB. I could actually get the car up on two wheels and the car was still stable when being pushed hard through corners.

Later,

Calvin.
Thank for the feedback Calvin

Please keep us posted on your findings.
mr lee is offline  
Old 08-02-2011, 08:22 PM
  #15340  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
Fluffy622's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Sioux Falls, SD
Posts: 382
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default New Panel Wagon Body

Here are some pics of the new proline protoform panel wagon body painted up. I just have it sitting on my M05.


Tamiya mini cooper-pw2.jpg

Tamiya mini cooper-pw1.jpg

Tamiya mini cooper-pw.jpg
Fluffy622 is offline  
Old 08-03-2011, 12:49 AM
  #15341  
Tech Elite
 
sosidge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Bristol, UK
Posts: 4,445
Default

Originally Posted by Fluffy622
Here are some pics of the new proline protoform panel wagon body painted up. I just have it sitting on my M05.


Attachment 789987

Attachment 789998

Attachment 790000
Would be really nice to see some normal sized pictures of the shell.
sosidge is offline  
Old 08-03-2011, 01:17 AM
  #15342  
Tech Master
iTrader: (7)
 
I)arkness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Victoria,Aus
Posts: 1,133
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by sosidge
Would be really nice to see some normal sized pictures of the shell.
+1
I)arkness is offline  
Old 08-03-2011, 02:27 AM
  #15343  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (16)
 
Mr_Gleeman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 262
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

+2
Mr_Gleeman is offline  
Old 08-03-2011, 02:29 AM
  #15344  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (16)
 
Mr_Gleeman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 262
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Not much bigger than my avatar actually
Mr_Gleeman is offline  
Old 08-03-2011, 02:36 AM
  #15345  
Tech Master
iTrader: (21)
 
Sith Lord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Canberra, ACT, Australia
Posts: 1,405
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Just in case........ Some bigger pics wouldn't go astray
Sith Lord is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.