Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Tamiya mini cooper >

Tamiya mini cooper

Like Tree288Likes

Tamiya mini cooper

Old 07-27-2011, 07:47 PM
  #15316  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (10)
 
monkeyracing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 6,305
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Pirty
some mini action shots


I love this first pic! Seems so familiar...flying minis!

monkeyracing is offline  
Old 07-28-2011, 12:57 AM
  #15317  
Tech Apprentice
 
digitrc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 71
Default

Originally Posted by Pirty
is anybody using a rapida pro on their mini? maybe you can share your esc setup. i'm planning to use my rapida pro on my m05 with silver can motor. thanks
Good choice. Great ESC.

I run the pre-loaded setup P5. Very punchy and smooth.
digitrc is offline  
Old 07-28-2011, 01:25 AM
  #15318  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (32)
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 910
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by digitrc
Good choice. Great ESC.

I run the pre-loaded setup P5. Very punchy and smooth.
Can share with us about this Rapida Pro esc???

What model & where to get it (& price)...???

Thanks.
hobbs is offline  
Old 07-28-2011, 06:46 AM
  #15319  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (38)
 
caltek1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 3,422
Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default S-SPEC PHOTOS

Here are some shots of my S-Spec. I have added the rest of the Tamiya alloy steering rack. I have also added alloy front knuckles, battery holders, rear swaybar, TRF M Chassis shocks, Tech racing steering rod and 3Racing oil gear diff.

The car has 2.5 degrees rear toe in, using the kit supplied items. I will give the car a test run tomorrow night. I used the black chrome chassis instead of the supplied chrome finished chassis.

There are more photos on the Aussie Mini thread.

Later,

Calvin.
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya mini cooper-dsc_0339.jpg   Tamiya mini cooper-dsc_0341.jpg   Tamiya mini cooper-dsc_0344.jpg   Tamiya mini cooper-dsc_0350.jpg   Tamiya mini cooper-dsc_0353.jpg  

caltek1 is offline  
Old 07-28-2011, 07:08 AM
  #15320  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (35)
 
Pirty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Nueva Ecija
Posts: 808
Trader Rating: 35 (97%+)
Default

Originally Posted by hobbs
Can share with us about this Rapida Pro esc???

What model & where to get it (& price)...???

Thanks.
http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...a-pro-esc.html
Pirty is offline  
Old 07-28-2011, 09:05 AM
  #15321  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 258
Default

Originally Posted by caltek1
Here are some shots of my S-Spec. I have added the rest of the Tamiya alloy steering rack. I have also added alloy front knuckles, battery holders, rear swaybar, TRF M Chassis shocks, Tech racing steering rod and 3Racing oil gear diff.

The car has 2.5 degrees rear toe in, using the kit supplied items. I will give the car a test run tomorrow night. I used the black chrome chassis instead of the supplied chrome finished chassis.

There are more photos on the Aussie Mini thread.

Later,

Calvin.
Looking good

Is this your first time running an SWB config?

Cant wait to hear your view on the two configs and your new machine
mr lee is offline  
Old 07-28-2011, 12:39 PM
  #15322  
Tech Master
iTrader: (18)
 
over gear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,160
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by caltek1
Here are some shots of my S-Spec. I have added the rest of the Tamiya alloy steering rack. I have also added alloy front knuckles, battery holders, rear swaybar, TRF M Chassis shocks, Tech racing steering rod and 3Racing oil gear diff.

The car has 2.5 degrees rear toe in, using the kit supplied items. I will give the car a test run tomorrow night. I used the black chrome chassis instead of the supplied chrome finished chassis.

There are more photos on the Aussie Mini thread.

Later,

Calvin.
does the alloy rear suspension mount add any toe-in?
over gear is offline  
Old 07-28-2011, 01:18 PM
  #15323  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (38)
 
caltek1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 3,422
Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default

[QUOTEdoes the alloy rear suspension mount add any toe-in? ][/QUOTE]

Yes it adds one degree. As pictured the car now runs 2.5 degrees rear toe and if you use the two degree rear hubs you will have three degrees in total. If you use the old zero degree rear hubs you will have one degree rear toe.

mr lee,

I have use run a SWB MO5 with a Colt body before, but only ran it on carpet for a very short period. Since then I have refined my car/shock setup, so this might work better.

Hopefully I will find out tonight. I will be taking my MO5 LWB car just in case I am not totally happy with the car, although I should just refine shocks/springs and radio setup.

Regards,

Calvin.
caltek1 is offline  
Old 07-28-2011, 04:38 PM
  #15324  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
Fluffy622's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Sioux Falls, SD
Posts: 382
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default New body from Proline

Well i just got home with my new proline protoform panel wagon body for my M05 and holy crap is it a long body for that wheel base! The body probably sticks out 2-3in's in the front and 3in's in the back. I don't know what proline was thinking but it seems to me that the body is way to long for the car. Be cautious when purchasing.
Fluffy622 is offline  
Old 07-28-2011, 04:45 PM
  #15325  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (2)
 
Timbulb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 2,063
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Are you using mini tires with it? It was designed to use 1:10 size tires.
Timbulb is offline  
Old 07-28-2011, 08:08 PM
  #15326  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
Fluffy622's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Sioux Falls, SD
Posts: 382
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Timbulb
Are you using mini tires with it? It was designed to use 1:10 size tires.
I'm using mini tires and the wheelbase and wheel wells are fine. its the length of the body thats bad
Fluffy622 is offline  
Old 07-29-2011, 04:18 PM
  #15327  
Tech Addict
 
Zac_with_no_K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Tempe, AZ
Posts: 623
Default

I have spare oil filled shocks from my TA05v2 after switched to TRF's. I think they're the same size. Should I use the same spacer and spring that are on my car right now? or will I have to change how the shocks are set up?

Anything helps,
Thanks
Zac_with_no_K is offline  
Old 07-30-2011, 10:56 PM
  #15328  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 4,596
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Tamiya M05s racing with open motors. The winner ran a 4.5T brushless.
I ran a 13.5T motor with turbo esc (white Miata). Casualty were blown tires and burnt motors.

But loads of fun lapping 3 secs / lap faster than a typical mini.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.


Thanks for looking.
rccartips is offline  
Old 07-31-2011, 12:23 AM
  #15329  
Tech Apprentice
 
digitrc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 71
Default

Originally Posted by Zac_with_no_K
I have spare oil filled shocks from my TA05v2 after switched to TRF's. I think they're the same size. Should I use the same spacer and spring that are on my car right now? or will I have to change how the shocks are set up?

Anything helps,
Thanks
The shocks are the same. NOt sure about the springs.

You need to rebuild the shocks with the 6mm spacer inside them. I would recommend getting a set of the "short" Tamiya springs, these are the right length to get good ride height on a Mini.
digitrc is offline  
Old 07-31-2011, 05:14 AM
  #15330  
Tech Master
iTrader: (21)
 
Sith Lord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Canberra, ACT, Australia
Posts: 1,405
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Fluffy622
Well i just got home with my new proline protoform panel wagon body for my M05 and holy crap is it a long body for that wheel base! The body probably sticks out 2-3in's in the front and 3in's in the back. I don't know what proline was thinking but it seems to me that the body is way to long for the car. Be cautious when purchasing.
Would love to see some pics.
Sith Lord is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.