Search
Like Tree16Likes

Tamiya F104 Pro!

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2009, 08:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Geppetto
I have only had one race day with my F104Pro and I used the 104t spur gear with the stock 25t pinion and kit motor. However, I just purchased a spur gear adapter http://www.3racing.hk/products.php?products_key=3553 that will allow me to use any 64 or 48 pitch spur gears. The Tamiya gears work fine, however, they just don't seem to be readily available.
Did you try having your LHS order them?
Did you go to Tamiya USA. com and see if they are in stock?
I dont mean to be a jerk, but the stuff is out there if you put a little effort into it, and it can be had within a weeks time.
I have had no problem getting parts through my LHS, I give them a list and they call me when the parts arrive.
Old 11-12-2009, 08:46 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by BP SHADOW
I dont mean to be a jerk, but the stuff is out there if you put a little effort into it, and it can be had within a weeks time.
I have had no problem getting parts through my LHS, I give them a list and they call me when the parts arrive.
Why wait a week when you can use off the shelf items with the adapter?
Old 11-12-2009, 09:08 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Metla
Why wait a week when you can use off the shelf items with the adapter?
I wasnt just talking about the gears, I was talking about Tamiya parts in general. Yes you could use off the shelf 64p gears if you had an adapter.
Old 11-13-2009, 05:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

BP SHADOW: I have admired your F1 modeling skills. Your attention to detail is very impressive. I have also read and learned from your various post helping others with their technical questions regarding Tamiya products in general. However, your post was a little offensive.

Have we met? I don't think that you know me??? I don't believe that you know anything about the amount of effort I put into anything.

It's probably best if we keep comments from becoming personal.
Old 11-14-2009, 03:17 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default SPUR GEAR ADAPTER

If you want to use regular 64P spur and this is the one from HPI.
Here is the link to order.
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXN136&P=7
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya F104 Pro!-hpic6694.jpg  
Old 11-14-2009, 05:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

How different do F1's handle compared with regular 1/10 TCs? The pro will be my first F1. Been running a TC5 before.
Old 11-15-2009, 07:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hanzo3
How different do F1's handle compared with regular 1/10 TCs? The pro will be my first F1. Been running a TC5 before.
It's a whole different universe. When you have an F1 car dialed in it's a blast to drive, but a completely different experience from a 1/10 TC.
Old 11-15-2009, 08:45 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hanzo3
TC=Gun
F1=Knife
1/12=Scalpel
Old 11-15-2009, 11:38 AM
Tech Elite

BP SHADOW: I have admired your F1 modeling skills. Your attention to detail is very impressive. I have also read and learned from your various post helping others with their technical questions regarding Tamiya products in general. However, your post was a little offensive.

Have we met? I don't think that you know me??? I don't believe that you know anything about the amount of effort I put into anything.

It's probably best if we keep comments from becoming personal.
Sorry man, that post was not intended to offend or question your commitment.
I have just heard too many times how hard Tamiya parts are to get, when they really arent. Are they in stock at every hobby shop across the nation? No. Can you get them at PepBoys like Traxxas parts? No. And have I had trouble getting certain things in the past. Yes . For the most part though if I get with my LHS in a weeks time the parts are ready to pick up. I dont know that we have met, but I appreciate the props on the bodies and general Tamiya knowledge. I try not to getting in too many heated debates, but sometimes things just dont work out the way you want them to.
Old 11-15-2009, 12:05 PM
Tech Master

Sorry man, that post was not intended to offend or question your commitment.
I have just heard too many times how hard Tamiya parts are to get, when they really arent. Are they in stock at every hobby shop across the nation? No. Can you get them at PepBoys like Traxxas parts? No. And have I had trouble getting certain things in the past. Yes . For the most part though if I get with my LHS in a weeks time the parts are ready to pick up. I dont know that we have met, but I appreciate the props on the bodies and general Tamiya knowledge. I try not to getting in too many heated debates, but sometimes things just dont work out the way you want them to.
No problem. Your point is well taken.
Old 11-15-2009, 02:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Whenever I really want Tamiya stuff that is hard to get I order from RC Champ in Japan. I send them an email with all the parts I want. They send me a return email with what's available and then I send a PayPal payment. Yeah, shipping is expensive, but I do get the parts a little cheaper since I'm getting them from Japan. I guess it all evens out in the end.

http://www.rc-champ.co.jp/Champ_Inte...Ordersheet.htm

[email protected]
Old 11-15-2009, 02:46 PM
Tech Master

Anyone aware of another F103/104 front/rear tire truing arbor other than the http://d-drivesportsenglish.com/inde...roducts_id=494 ?

They are out of stock at d-drivesports, and I'm becoming addicted to F1.
Old 11-15-2009, 03:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Anyone aware of another F103/104 front/rear tire truing arbor other than the http://d-drivesportsenglish.com/inde...roducts_id=494 ?

They are out of stock at d-drivesports, and I'm becoming addicted to F1.
Can I ask how does this item work and what it does....sorry for the question, but I'm very new to all of this....foam tires included.
Old 11-15-2009, 03:32 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by aussierevo
Can I ask how does this item work and what it does....sorry for the question, but I'm very new to all of this....foam tires included.
This should explain it all: http://www.hard-racing.com/production.jsp?id=H1040
Old 11-15-2009, 03:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I learn something new everyday...thanks Geppetto

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.