Old 07-30-2011, 12:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 218 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nickypoo
that viper looks familiar.....

duratrax...?

http://www.rcshortcourse.com/news/du...tle/#more-4172

3900kv 4pole 540 ehhh
it looks like renamed castle stuff. the ESC looks like the sidewinder and the motor looks like thay just changed the outer can and some black paint

edit: i just saw this at the top of the page " Duratrax Element Brushless System by Castle"
Old 07-30-2011, 12:48 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kylesfv
Where are they located??
On tracking email it said lake havasu.
Old 07-30-2011, 12:53 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racerx1920
it looks like renamed castle stuff. the ESC looks like the sidewinder and the motor looks like thay just changed the outer can and some black paint
yep it sure "looks like it"

thats funny how they both say 3900kv and not 3800kv

and the dtx looks just like the viper one

but the guts im guessing is some castle stuff

that would be crazy if the viper was sensored tho....
Old 07-30-2011, 01:06 PM
dtr
Tech Master

yep it sure "looks like it"

thats funny how they both say 3900kv and not 3800kv

and the dtx looks just like the viper one

but the guts im guessing is some castle stuff

that would be crazy if the viper was sensored tho....
Well, the Castle logo on the endbell of the dtx is kinda informative
Old 07-30-2011, 01:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bustanut666
Anyone got BCE speeds contact number? Ordered chassis 2 weeks ago. Got tracking number 1 week ago and ups said item has not even been received yet by them. I am only 3 hours away from bce too. Tried to pm and email. No luck. Or if anyone has some insight on order situation. All I would like is an honest upfront explanation so I don't have to wait by the mailbox everyday. Thanks in advance.
I'm in the same situation here to. Someone posted a while back they were shipping out two batches a week but still have not seen mine or heard anything. Sure didn't stop them from charging my card on the spot. I"m usually a very patient guy but its starting to wear a little thin.
Old 07-30-2011, 01:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 140 (100%+)

Originally Posted by shadowracer24
I'm in the same situation here to. Someone posted a while back they were shipping out two batches a week but still have not seen mine or heard anything. Sure didn't stop them from charging my card on the spot. I"m usually a very patient guy but its starting to wear a little thin.
I'm on three weeks now and my tracking number he sent 10 days ago finally shows accepted in Lake Havasu. I think Bill is just behind however, I do think he should just be more upfront and give us honest answers as to when these chassis will ship. If you're behind let us know it will be a couple of weeks until you ship. I can respect that. To not say anything or send a tracking number 10 days before you actually ship is kind of shady to me.
Old 07-30-2011, 02:06 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Feint Motion
Amain has this truck Back in stock. GO GO
I would assume these are probably the most up to date versions in regards to the running changes being made?
Old 07-30-2011, 02:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Some New TLR Parts Headed Our Way!

Greetings from OCRC and have I got a little inside info complete with pix!!!

Ryan (Hacker07) and Casper are both here today doing some good ole fashoined R & D (better known as lapping Scott Kelly). Well Ryan was nice enough to share some new items that are headed our way in the very near future. I know shut up and get to the point already! Well what good would a post like this be without a little suspense lol que the Jaws music....

First, many many people have been upgrading thier Hexes to ones with a set screw design such as from HPI, well now TLR will be releasing theirs and they look good! Here's a pic of them installed.

Next, a new TLR rear chassis brace. Some of you have used the Tie-rod from the Revo as a rear chassis brace and whoever was the first to think of it (I believe may have been Salad) was on to something! According to Ryan, this new rear brace keeps the torsional flex that enables the truck to hold its line mostly through turns while the front to rear flex is stiffened. This will be available at the same time as the TLR chassis are released.

Lastly, membership has its privilidges lol this is just a gratuitous shot of Ryans custom green anodized shock bodies! Though he did hint that some hard anodized shock bodies will be available in the future as well...he was pretty tightlipped about that one...not quite sure what that means, big bores, different colors? Time will tell.

I want to thank Ryan for being so open with this info, allowing me to take pix of ur car and post them up here for all to see. Thats it for now, looks like a few cats out of the bag today! Take care everyone, happy racing!
Old 07-30-2011, 02:20 PM
Tech Adept

Hey everyone,

I'm getting back into the hobby and back into racing. I used to race 8th scale buggies every weekend but got out because I couldn't afford it anymore. Now that I can afford to get back into it I want to get into SC. Going to be picking up a TEN SCTE soon, wondering what is the best motor/esc combo for this truck? From the research I've been doing it seems most SC brushless motor/esc combos are over heating with this truck. Is this the case?
Old 07-30-2011, 02:51 PM
Tech Elite

that viper looks familiar.....

duratrax...?

http://www.rcshortcourse.com/news/du...tle/#more-4172

3900kv 4pole 540 ehhh
He he it's not the same, Viper is not made or assembled in China.

When they asked me what kv I said 3900-4200kv. The Viper motor has tabs the Duratrax has the classic wires coming from the can. I have the two pole version which is 4200kv and the 4 pole which is 3900 (not castle motors lol).

This is a new class of motor for ROAR. the specs are going to be close from all the 4 poles in 4wd SC which are going to be ROAR legal. (.20mm stator lamination's with longer stators and huge rotors 17.5-18.5mm).

Here is the 2 pole 4200kv in my SC10 4wd (this was the first test in the SC10 4wd).

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

And the first test with the 2 pole in the Losi SCTe (sorry was from my phone, audios a bit off).

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 07-30-2011, 03:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ScottKelly911
Ryan (Hacker07) and Casper are both here today doing some good ole fashoined R & D

Next, a new TLR rear chassis brace. Some of you have used the Tie-rod from the Revo as a rear chassis brace and whoever was the first to think of it (I believe may have been Salad) was on to something! According to Ryan, this new rear brace keeps the torsional flex that enables the truck to hold its line mostly through turns while the front to rear flex is stiffened. This will be available at the same time as the TLR chassis are released.

So how is this chassis brace compare to using the rc8 one?
Old 07-30-2011, 03:22 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)

i'm sorry, but those green shock bodies are screaming my name. i must have them. NOW!
Old 07-30-2011, 03:34 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RC*PHREAK
i'm sorry, but those green shock bodies are screaming my name. i must have them. NOW!
I think Ryan needs to talk to Viper and have them make him some green motor cans and ESC to match.
Old 07-30-2011, 03:49 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by stevepowling
Hey everyone,

I'm getting back into the hobby and back into racing. I used to race 8th scale buggies every weekend but got out because I couldn't afford it anymore. Now that I can afford to get back into it I want to get into SC. Going to be picking up a TEN SCTE soon, wondering what is the best motor/esc combo for this truck? From the research I've been doing it seems most SC brushless motor/esc combos are over heating with this truck. Is this the case?

Tekin RX8 and a Castle 1410 on 2s. If you want to run wfo on 4s, then the Castle 1415. They're the only two motors you'll ever need.
Old 07-30-2011, 04:30 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by dirtracer1
Tekin RX8 and a Castle 1410 on 2s. If you want to run wfo on 4s, then the Castle 1415. They're the only two motors you'll ever need.
Thanks! This seems to be a pretty popular set up for this truck.

What parts should I stock up on for a race weekend/in general? What is everyone replacing with option parts?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.