Search
Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2011, 01:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SC_RAGE
Or don't crash hard. That works well too.
I'm still using the stock ones, been waiting for them to bend but hasn't happened. As you know by the size of my parts bag, nothing on this truck breaks unless you really try.
Old 07-22-2011, 02:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I raced and took 2nd for the 2nd race. took third the 1st. rebuilt the truck after as it was raining and a muddy mess when we all got dune racing the HDRC round 4 event.. when I re built the diffs . the only problem I had was the washers with the pin behind the worm gear. it looks a little grooved I checked with a LHS and no washers with out buying the gear set. I have a gear set.. Thanks HH. just need the washers. any body know where I can get just the washers?
Old 07-22-2011, 02:27 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by SaladFork
You have one!

P.S. Wife stole my ride today, servo is in the center console.

Skipping the hard part for now lol.
I was jk. I love the enthusiasm of everyone. lol
Old 07-22-2011, 02:38 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Just out of curiocity has any one tried using synthetic automobile gear lube in their diffs? It seems to me it would offer better protection from wear.
Old 07-22-2011, 02:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ridley
Do you have part numbers for the new black and orange springs?

Thanks
They are LOSB2959 and LOSB2963 and you get all four fronts in one pack and all four rears in the other.

This has been an issue since last year with the Ten T and really has not changed since the SCTe... One hard hit and your out of camber, toes messed up and you drive crooked. The fix is new turnbuckles from the 8B and the dubro captures.
I have to say, we had one batch that the tolerance was a bit off on the rod ends, however its not most of them or even many of them. I have many of them that take hard hits and dont adjust. The easiest way to ensure soemthing with a bit better bite is to get the Losi 8b 2.0 titanium turnbuckle set. Much sharper edges that grab better and they are lighter.

Originally Posted by WideOpenThrottle RC
Perhaps I shouldn't have used the term machine, that's great that yours is not loose brand new out of the box. I'm just saying that for the money I expected more, I can grab both front tires and with very little force change the toe and camber in either or opposite directions, perhaps some shimming might take care of it but it looks to me that alot of it is caused by tolerances in the steering knuckles and hubs, and as well with the steering bellcrank etc. Yes a setup station is great for onroad so in my mind it's just as good for offroad
Any vehicle if you push on the wheels hard enough will change a bit. If you feel you got a bad batch of rod ends, contact customer support and they will get you taken care of.
Old 07-22-2011, 02:49 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hacker07
I have to say, we had one batch that the tolerance was a bit off on the rod ends, however its not most of them or even many of them. I have many of them that take hard hits and dont adjust. The easiest way to ensure soemthing with a bit better bite is to get the Losi 8b 2.0 titanium turnbuckle set. Much sharper edges that grab better and they are lighter.
i have not had any issues with my turnbuckles adjusting themselves (i have a converted 10-T). which rod ends for the 8b 2.0's? or in other words are the 8b 2.0 ends a direct swap for the stock ones?
Old 07-22-2011, 02:49 PM
Tech Elite

Kinda like the diff pins, only a few where messed up.
Old 07-22-2011, 02:54 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RC*PHREAK
i have not had any issues with my turnbuckles adjusting themselves (i have a converted 10-T). which rod ends for the 8b 2.0's? or in other words are the 8b 2.0 ends a direct swap for the stock ones?
Pretty sure I posted the part numbers on the 1st page.
Old 07-22-2011, 02:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)

Pretty sure I posted the part numbers on the 1st page.
pretty sure i just saw the part number for the turnbuckles and not the ends. unless the ends come with them...
Old 07-22-2011, 03:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SC_RAGE
Man this truck just must suck. All these complaints and issues. Im going to buy an AE sc104x4 now.
LOL..Ya I am gonna go back to the Jammin cuz I really love replacing front spindles,c-hubs,upper turnbuckles and front arms every-time out!!
Old 07-22-2011, 03:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (96%+)

What are the part numbers for the carbon fiber shock towers? Where do you get the BEC chassis plate and what is the part number for that?
Old 07-22-2011, 03:02 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RC*PHREAK
pretty sure i just saw the part number for the turnbuckles and not the ends. unless the ends come with them...
It doesn't come with them, just use the stock ones. Or Dubro makes capture ends that are much stronger (I don't have a part#). The problem was in the threads on the turnbuckles not the capture ends.
Old 07-22-2011, 03:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

Any vehicle if you push on the wheels hard enough will change a bit. If you feel you got a bad batch of rod ends, contact customer support and they will get you taken care of.
I appreciate your input Ryan, I actually purchased another set of new rod ends at my local hobby shop and it's the same thing, I feel it's part knuckles,hubs in combination with the complete steering assembly. I'm not talking about pushing hard I'm talking truck off the ground and brush them and they move.

As for the others who commented on my issues the truck is brand new never ran and I did install Ti turnbuckles and new ends.
Old 07-22-2011, 03:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 121 (100%+)

BCE website:
www.bcespeed.com

Losi hop up parts:
http://www.losi.com/Products/Related...s&SubCategory=

Originally Posted by rcracenut
What are the part numbers for the carbon fiber shock towers? Where do you get the BEC chassis plate and what is the part number for that?
Old 07-22-2011, 03:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Just received my SNR pins from Chris and I am very happy with the quality.
Thanks Chris!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.