Search
Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2011, 05:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Gas Rat Racin
What was the associated rear chassis brace that works for the SCTE I ordered the SC8 rtr ones and they are the wrong length?
RC8
Old 07-12-2011, 05:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by alvinsmith75
You are correct but the chris pins are the same dia as the factory pins so they fit into the alum blocks. The ofna pins are too big for the blocks but too small for the grooves so they wobble side to side.
I gotcha. I got Chris' hardened blocks, pins and shims. Pretty damn solid set up all around. LOVE the hardened steel round blocks. Love.
Old 07-12-2011, 05:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by larlev
Is the Avid kit better quality?
Anything will be better than stock bearings... I know Rage is using Traxxas bearings and it's been better, Avid would be a big step up.

Just temp your diffs and the out drives if you suspect this is happening to you. I've seen a SCTe diff as hot as 170 before.
Old 07-12-2011, 06:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Is the Avid kit better quality?
Originally Posted by xxfile
For $22.00 it cant be much better!
Originally Posted by heavyjeffd
It's a common misconception that expensive bearings are better. I have found the Avid bearings to be very consistent and durable in all my cars at a fraction of the price of other manufacturers.
Avid is great, I've been using for years.. great quality as good as much much more expensive bearings.. I suggest the 'revolutions' where possible, it does make a difference w/ metal sheilds on one side and the rubber on the outside keeping debris out. Keep in mind, like I said before, at $1.00 each they are very disposable.. can easily swap out a few times per year or as needed for that price point and enjoy fluid movement with much less maintainance.
Old 07-12-2011, 06:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 8ight-e
Avid is great, I've been using for years.. great quality as good as much much more expensive bearings.. I suggest the 'revolutions' where possible, it does make a difference w/ metal sheilds on one side and the rubber on the outside keeping debris out. Keep in mind, like I said before, at $1.00 each they are very disposable.. can easily swap out a few times per year or as needed for that price point and enjoy fluid movement with much less maintainance.
Agreed!! Been running the revolutions in my Kyosho SC-R.....work great.
Old 07-12-2011, 06:13 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Clarification....on a DX2S radio is negative expo less sensitive around neutral or is positive expo? I have mine at -15%
I can not speak to the DX2S, but I havew the DX3S and to get the same neg. expo I did on my Futaba I have to go to positive on the Spektrum. This is straight out the manual and proves to be true in actual practice too.

Note: Positive and negative Expo values are
available. A positive Expo value results in the
center being less sensitive (desirable most of
the time) while a negative value increases the
sensitivity around center (normally not used)

So on the DX3S positive is negative if that made sense lol
Old 07-12-2011, 06:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

I used all ABEC35 ceramics in my scte. Everything tightened up and the free roll is ten times better than stock. They are also lighter than standard bearings. Avid has decent bearings but, having used both for several years (depending on customer preference and sponsorship by either company), the ABEC35's are better quality for the price. FWIW I have two drivers who recently switched to ABEC35 as a sponsor from Avid due to bearing failure in the heat of battle. Once at the Nats and once in Alabama.
Old 07-12-2011, 06:31 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Lenman73
I can not speak to the DX2S, but I havew the DX3S and to get the same neg. expo I did on my Futaba I have to go to positive on the Spektrum. This is straight out the manual and proves to be true in actual practice too.

Note: Positive and negative Expo values are
available. A positive Expo value results in the
center being less sensitive (desirable most of
the time) while a negative value increases the
sensitivity around center (normally not used)

So on the DX3S positive is negative if that made sense lol
LOL...I read that and obviously was confused when everyone is telling me to go negative. I just chalked it up as the manual was mistyped. Thank you very much.
Now I'm assuming it's the same for all expo settings...throttle to. Thought it felt weird...man I have to laugh at myself.
Old 07-12-2011, 06:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RACETEK
I used all ABEC35 ceramics in my scte. Everything tightened up and the free roll is ten times better than stock. They are also lighter than standard bearings. Avid has decent bearings but, having used both for several years (depending on customer preference and sponsorship by either company), the ABEC35's are better quality for the price. FWIW I have two drivers who recently switched to ABEC35 as a sponsor from Avid due to bearing failure in the heat of battle. Once at the Nats and once in Alabama.
Ceramics are always better, hence the cost.. the revolutions are better than stock too.. but neither are changing the out come of any race if you check over your vehicle properly before a race. LOL Avid or abec35 ceramics can blow during a race and cause a DNF if you didn't verify condition prior to running, no bearing goes bad in 1 race unless it was bad to start with and you just were careless... or you have too much pressure on it from other faulty parts, and again either will blow in that case. Just saying.. good plug but
Old 07-12-2011, 07:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Our good friend Traxxasgal/RCMan just showed up at RCSC (still thinks he's a female).
Old 07-12-2011, 07:24 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by SaladFork
Our good friend Traxxasgal/RCMan just showed up at RCSC (still thinks he's a female).
Good grief....
Old 07-12-2011, 07:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 92 (98%+)

Hey this is a random question but what motor esc combo does evans run? I am just wondering and sorry if its been answered already. Thanks
Old 07-12-2011, 07:31 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SaladFork
lol how nice
Old 07-12-2011, 07:31 PM
Tech Regular

I went through my truck last week and pulled every bearing down, cleaned them, and reassembled them with fresh oil. I would have given you 35 bucks not to have to do that!!! I'll be ordering the Avids.
Old 07-12-2011, 07:34 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

changed fluid in my center diff the other day with the ofna gears in it....the case shows no sign of wear even with the little bit of play and same with the pins. the anodizing has worn off thats all....still smooth as butter

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.