Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2011, 07:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

How do the spektrum servos do? I have a spare that I could use.
What is causing the glitching? Anyone know?
Old 04-17-2011, 07:19 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by larlev
I love my S6030.....
Old 04-17-2011, 07:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

i had a spektrum before and they take alot of power but if you have a good esc like rx8 lol.
Old 04-17-2011, 07:22 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cult Racing
lol, and i run the 1268 servo. I havent had any glitching problems with a rx8, i even used a hitec 7950 to and no glitching either.

Thats good to hear... I may just have to go that route... thanks for the heads up...
Old 04-17-2011, 07:23 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Cult Racing
holy crap dude! thats worse then what soup's looked like!
I've seen a couple people modding 8th scale bodies.
Old 04-17-2011, 07:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Revo_Racer
Thats good to hear... I may just have to go that route... thanks for the heads up...
no problem, i switched from a mmp and the rx8 is way better! Im sure you will like the results.
Old 04-17-2011, 07:25 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by jmc23
anyone know of any companys making an undertray for the scte pulled mine off the track after a sticky practice must have weighed 12 pounds. ill try to attach pics,
Im not trying to be nagative. But if the tracks are that wet up here races cancel. I wouldnt even run in that muck. Hope your electronics and motor are still ok.
Old 04-17-2011, 07:25 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I have a brand new Xcelorin esc....could I use that instead?

Can all esc's run these motors or is there specs that prevent it? Piises me off, I asked and was told these esc's and motor would work perfectly. I just wasted money that didn't need to.

Are the castle motors 2400kv difficult to turn by hand when pinion is on and your just rotaing shaft? Or should they spin freely?
Why would you put a Novak glitch buster on a castle setup???????Get the castle BEC and all your problems will go away easy fix works PERFECT.
Old 04-17-2011, 07:29 PM
Tech Master

Dumb question....is it normal to have to switch the motor direction in castlelink to get it to go forward when pressing forward on throttle?
I couldn't figure out what was going on...normal is stock setting.

AnyUser....can you tell me what setting you use with your combo? I bought this based on your recs. I have no idea what all that stuff means in racing terms. I want a good race setup.
Old 04-17-2011, 07:31 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by SCTRacerX
Why would you put a Novak glitch buster on a castle setup???????Get the castle BEC and all your problems will go away easy fix works PERFECT.
Novak? confused on that one.

I'm assuming the notchy motor feel is just beacuse it is a 4 pole and has a lot of resistance.....is this correct?
Old 04-17-2011, 07:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

When I got my Losi I took the m11x rec out to go in my new truck from my Slash 4x4,in that truck I have the castle 2400 sct set up with a Hitec 7955ti gear servo and it had no problems.When I put my Spectrum dx3e radio and rec in it it would glitch terrible, cant run it at all!And of coarse running RX8 in the Losi!!! So your radio gear will also affect it performance as well!!

Last edited by BmainStar; 04-17-2011 at 07:34 PM. Reason: cuz needed a comma,Momma
Old 04-17-2011, 07:34 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Dumb question....is it normal to have to switch the motor direction in castlelink to get it to go forward when pressing forward on throttle?

AnyUser....can you tell me what setting you use with your combo? I bought this based on your recs. I have no idea what all that stuff means in racing terms. I want a good race setup.
I would recommend switching the RED wire to the BLACK wire and the Black wire to the RED wire from the ESC to the Moter. I have had to do that to all my MMP's. Seem like I had less trouble vs. doing it through the ESC. Put Drag brake at Zero, put start power at medium or high. I like reverse to be at about 50%, also i like to shorten the beeps at start up, I wouldn't mess with timing yet see how you like it at it's current power level, 4 pole motors aren't the really recommended with Advanced Timing. If you feel like you don't have enough power at the bottom you can adjust your torque curve to start at around 15% for some extra punch.
Old 04-17-2011, 07:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SaladFork
It's the T-Bone bumper for the Ten T (not the SCTe version)... Think it was jhautz who is using that one.
I took it off after only a couple practice packs. The bumper was fine but I didnt care for the effect that the rear skid plate gives. It seems to bottom easier and when it does it seems to do more erratic stuff. Went back to the trimmed down stock rear bumper.

Originally Posted by jmc23
anyone know of any companys making an undertray for the scte pulled mine off the track after a sticky practice must have weighed 12 pounds. ill try to attach pics,
Last spring I raced on a wet morning and had my jammin SCRT come off the track looking like that. NEVER again. Just way to much work to clean that slop up and really stressful on the battery and electronics.
Old 04-17-2011, 07:37 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

It's not in my truck anymore, I'm going a different route. RX8 for sure so I can run sensored or sensorless.

Yeah you have to run the red wire to the white wire and vice versa on the moter/esc.

I don't remember my settings exactly but I know 0 drag brake, no punch control(max punch), max timing, 50 or 75% brake. All set by ESC, never hooked the Castle Link to it. 18t pinion, Spektrum servo, Airtronics MT4 Tx/Rx

I know I might stur up some ish with this.........but a lot of times when I see people having glitching issues I notice they are running a Spektrum Rx.......just sayin.
Old 04-17-2011, 07:41 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AnonymousUser
I know I might stur up some ish with this.........but a lot of times when I see people having glitching issues I notice they are running a Spektrum Rx.......just sayin.
AND Savox servos. The fix is simple, a $20 external Castle BEC...works flawless with any motor\servo combo...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.