Search
Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2011, 11:05 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SEF
For the RX8, only use 1 of those loops and the wire should be just long enough to make it to the receiver box.

I prefer to use the 3" extension only because it makes it easier to connect to the hotwire.
Thanks! I only used the rear loop and was then able to route the wire under the front chassis brace keeping it away from the driveline and into the reciever/box. Im running Hi-Tec HS-7940TH servo. Hopefully it wont cause any glitchy-ness

Last edited by Jeff Bartlett; 04-17-2011 at 11:08 AM. Reason: cuz I felt like it :)
Old 04-17-2011, 11:18 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SEF
Losi took 1-2 (D-Money and I) at the last race of the TLR series at Revelation. Won the 8 minute main using a 2s setup with a 2650 motor geared with a 20t (although the SC class is open and allows any motor and battery).

I got through a 4 race series racing on a very large 1/8 track without breaking a part!

I've raced at Revs on both 3s and 2s and did really well. On 3s, this thing can take any line that an 1/8 buggy takes and is fast. On 2s my driving had to be a little more precise to make the same lines since the jumps out there are pretty big. They shortened the mains from 10 minutes to 8 minutes since the 2s setups for most any car were dumping just before 10 minutes.

Indoor, outdoor, 3s, 2s, it doesn't matter. Change out the pins and this car is killer!
Can the 2250 be run the same way?
Old 04-17-2011, 11:27 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by twigman08
You trying that Quad-Single at Mikes? I was their practicing with my Hyper 10SC Friday and I quad it 3 times in a row actually. Their were a couple people on the drivers stand who realized that I was, and were pretty much in awe actually that it could do it pretty consistently. I haven't got to race lately, but I doubt I'll be doing it much in the race unless I'm just by myself. I don't quite feel brave enough to go for it in heat of the battle.

Even though I've seen a Losi do it consistently there, it seems the lighter Hyper has an advantage if the driver is daring enough to go for it. Seems to just have that extra little power from being lighter that it needs to do it.
Yep, thats it!
I was making it fine about 75% of the time, but if you're just a few inches short disastrous things can happen.

From now on I'll just keep it a triple-double.
Old 04-17-2011, 02:32 PM
SEF
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bajabro
Can the 2250 be run the same way?
Haven't tried the 2250. You may not be able to put a large enough pinion on without getting the elite motor mount or doing some mod to the stock. 20t is the largest you can use.

The 2250 will have more torque than you will ever need. The problem will be getting the top end.
Old 04-17-2011, 03:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Chiro I did the same thing last month with motor weights. I agree if anyone looking to save weight without ROAR restrictions the CC3800kv is the way to go. It's lighter and faster than any of the 550's I tested on 2S.

Viper prototype

Old 04-17-2011, 03:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by SEF
Haven't tried the 2250. You may not be able to put a large enough pinion on without getting the elite motor mount or doing some mod to the stock. 20t is the largest you can use.

The 2250 will have more torque than you will ever need. The problem will be getting the top end.
I would definitly recommend the elite mount, I running the 1415 castle motor with a 23 tooth, the motor runs cooler and still has plenty of low end grunt.
Old 04-17-2011, 03:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kjohnsiii
Few! just finished reading all 460 post and can say that I cant wait to get one.
I just sold my hyper to get one and now it looks like I will be waiting for a while to get one of the second batches it will be worth the wait though.

Rage, I was the reason that you got second at the last TRCR sc race. I was not paying attention when you crashed behind me while marshaling and it was a "nube" mistake. I will by you one of your favorite frosty drinks and I will pay more attention to my marshaling next time.

Thanks losi for keeping this thread updated with your continuous updates on the ways that you are making this truck even better.

I just hope to have a new truck for the SC nationals in early june in Pasco...
At my track, that happens with newb's and the guys who think they are hot stuff. The newbs don't know any better and the guys who think too much of themselves don't care.

But the truth is it happens to all of us at times when turn marshalling. You do your best and keep trying to watch everything, but ultimately, the guy who crashed (usually) is upside down by his own fault. Don't beat yourself up.

BTW, you guys do know that you can set your preferences to show more posts per page right? It would drive me crazy not to have it set to the max.

And, yes it is a great truck. You'll enjoy it.
Old 04-17-2011, 04:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Guys I tried searching and cant find the right terms to find this and I scrolled back a few pages and didn't find what I'm looking for.

Someone posted a pic of a bumper (T bone??) that was way lighter than even the cut down stocker and they posted a few pics of the weight and all. Anyone know where that is?
Old 04-17-2011, 04:16 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by chiro972
Guys I tried searching and cant find the right terms to find this and I scrolled back a few pages and didn't find what I'm looking for.

Someone posted a pic of a bumper (T bone??) that was way lighter than even the cut down stocker and they posted a few pics of the weight and all. Anyone know where that is?
It's the T-Bone bumper for the Ten T (not the SCTe version)... Think it was jhautz who is using that one.
Old 04-17-2011, 04:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 140 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chiro972

I just emailed t-bone yesterday and got an email back from them stating that they are coming out with a full front bumper for the scte next week. It gets rid of the d ring from the stock bumper. Basically a full replacement.
Old 04-17-2011, 04:30 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Update please????

Havent been on here for a few weeks is there any update on whats going on with the replacement pins/gears from Losi? I know this is tired issue but has anybody received parts yet as its been over a month since I spoke to Horizon
Old 04-17-2011, 04:30 PM
Tech Initiate

Default help

i have a tekin 5.5 and a novak 5.5 motor with a rx8 esc. i cant get my tepms down. i tried lowering my current limiter and rasing my timing to 15. that didnt work so i took off the limiter and set my timing to 50. tha didnt work i also tried a 12,13 and 15 tooth pinnion on all of those settings. nothing is bringing it down. i run a 6100 mah 55c battery. i run on a lose dirt track. i was thinking of switching to a 1415 2400kv castle or a x12l lrp motor. can anyone give me some feed back on those two motors. thanks
Old 04-17-2011, 04:38 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Turn the timing down to 0. Less timing = less heat
Old 04-17-2011, 04:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Would you rather go with the HD losi towers or the CF towers only considering strength?
Old 04-17-2011, 04:59 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by LosiSuperTruck
Would you rather go with the HD losi towers or the CF towers only considering strength?
CF towers...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.