Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2011, 08:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by godofcable
so, question,,,

i know i need a Mod1 pinion, but I plan on running the Sidewinder 3800kv motor, which has a 3 mm pinion shaft...the truck requires a mod 1 pinion...which are all 5mm.

i've read on here you need a reducer, but cant seem to find one.

anyone have a link to pinions and reducers? or know what i should search for when looking for them?
go over to nitrohouse if you want mod 1 pinions that fit w/o adapters, they are in the hyper SC hop ups.
Old 04-15-2011, 08:20 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

NitroHouse is slow with there shipping. Cost 7.00 for priority and takes a week still. I have had hobbypartz and hobbyking stuff come faster. Amain might be faster.
Old 04-15-2011, 08:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dusttt
So even more proof that that may not apply to his setup.
Well it doesn't really matter, everyone one has there own set ups to the way they like to drive there car. So i dont know why you care about what someone else does on there set up, i was just giving an idea to him as idea to what he might want to run on his car.
Old 04-15-2011, 08:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

That was cool found a lot of parts for my tool box tonight.. spent too much but I should be pretty good for the season now Mind you other than replacing the pins, I've yet to break anything with two races days, several practice days under it's belt.

I even snagged a 810 body for 20 on ebay to throw on for those 'muddy' days at the track. A little nub on my front top brace and a couple velcro and I got me a mud cover
Old 04-15-2011, 08:44 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by hacker07
The diff gear set will be a bit. Sorry to say that, but just being honest. This is the reason for the BO status on the trucks. To all those trying to get by running the stock pins, please change them and do not ruin your diff gears. Those shims are available through kyosho seperately, they are just a 3mm shim.

I am checking on the diff case as most everything else will be in stock as of the end of this month as we got a 4th shipment air shipped but those cases arent on any of them. It shows 5/12 right now, but we are trying to get them sooner.
Hi Ryan,
will the upgraded diff pins being sold separately??? 6 pins a pack??? when???
my brand new truck is still sitting inside the box as many people said the stock pins will ruin the diff gears
Old 04-15-2011, 08:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

I bought a $15 propane torch and did my own diff pins.
Old 04-15-2011, 08:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SCTRacerX
NitroHouse is slow with there shipping. Cost 7.00 for priority and takes a week still. I have had hobbypartz and hobbyking stuff come faster. Amain might be faster.
3 days for most on the west coast. I ordered 20+ times from them and nothing took a week. To Ohio, I can see that.

Originally Posted by K.Copeland
I bought a $15 propane torch and did my own diff pins.
Won't get hot enough... If this was the case everyone would have done that.
Old 04-15-2011, 09:03 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Marco926
Hi Ryan,
my brand new truck is still sitting inside the box as many people said the stock pins will ruin the diff gears
Just run your truck. These people are freaking out way to much about this. I ran 2 10T conversions with the "soft" pins for 4 months before I got new ones. The pins were very worn but the gears still looked new. Its not going to completely fail before horizon has new ones. Why hold off on driving a great truck?
I think most of these people just get off on making an issue way worse than it really is.
Old 04-15-2011, 09:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Is it possible to run a traxxas 3500kv motor in this truck or is a 550 a must? My girlfriend will be running this and is brand new to off road and j am fairly new to electric vehicles. Help!!! Lol
Old 04-15-2011, 09:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 140 (100%+)

Hi Ryan,
Dude buy the chrispins. No reason to leave the truck in the box. There is a cheap and easy fix out there.
Old 04-15-2011, 09:22 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

I don't think the pins will ever be offered by themselves. They come with the gear bag.

If you have a kit right now and it has bad pins (they all do some are just a little better then others!) call Horizon and they will send you just the pins when they come in. You should never need to buy pins again or get chrispins.
Old 04-15-2011, 09:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jeauxkor
Is it possible to run a traxxas 3500kv motor in this truck or is a 550 a must? My girlfriend will be running this and is brand new to off road and j am fairly new to electric vehicles. Help!!! Lol
Sure you can....I just asked that same question earlier.
Old 04-15-2011, 09:25 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Jeauxkor
It's going to overheat......don't ruin a good motor and ESC on the wrong rig........unless you can put it in training mode or just slow it down. The recommended is 550 motor.
Old 04-15-2011, 09:26 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by SCTRacerX
No issues here with Nitrohouse, but then again, I'm only 3 hours from them. Priority mail shouldn't take more than 3 days. I usually order my stuff on a Sunday and it's in the mail by Monday afternoon. I can see it taking slightly longer to Ohio but a week. Wow!!!
Old 04-15-2011, 10:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fantomdude
Really? I didn't order them. I thought it was for the diff pins that i called CS about.

My invoice has a part # losb3568 so it might be something to check out so the forum dont get bombed with a ton of "Horizon sent the wrong parts out" posts.
It must have been before I educated CS then. I have since emailed them as well trying to make sure they dont send these out for this issue. If they did, they did it mistakenly...an honest human mistake.

Hi Ryan,
No, the pins are only sold with the gears. But those that purchased the SCTE will get the updated pins for free. Just have to fill out the online form or call horizon or losi.

Originally Posted by rcracerX99
Just run your truck. These people are freaking out way to much about this. I ran 2 10T conversions with the "soft" pins for 4 months before I got new ones. The pins were very worn but the gears still looked new. Its not going to completely fail before horizon has new ones. Why hold off on driving a great truck?
I think most of these people just get off on making an issue way worse than it really is.
DO NOT just run your truck. Either wait or get chrispins.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.