Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 07-28-2011, 04:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

Originally Posted by BmainStar
Ah Kool welcome back !! Pegasucks? LOL some one has that on thier sig, Too funny think it was UMM-Winning. Any way after posting that I had never even had my front end apart I tore every thing down and all was perfect the bearings look and roll as new!!Put the lt. Outdrives on and the alum pin holders and checked my chassis on an granite surface plate all is well!! Just don't want to get it dirty Uggh..LOL Wish I only raced indoors! Good luck with this one Bro! And there is a one day race event on sat up in the Victorville area Panther tires Coyote hobbies summer jam or slam I dunno? If you want to pony up 30 bucks for a shirt,a set OF Panther tires and the chance to get lapped by one of the fastest SCTE drivers I have ever seen, Panther driver Brian Sullivan,Go Up!!
Yea Pegeasucks lol. Their Offroad/onroad Staff isnt to bright either. But they have a large selection of parts. Only reason they get my money..
Thanks man, Not sure if i can make victorville, sounds like an awesome event. Brian Sul is a beast, Ive seen a few vids. I'll prob hit Milestone or Rev next weekend with my beat down, But tough nexx/jammin to get my fix.

Just want my losi already
Old 07-28-2011, 05:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 92 (98%+)
Exclamation

Question for those who have both this truck and a sc10 2wd, Can I run the same wheels on both trucks if i convert the sc10 over to 12mm hexes or are they totally different offsets?? Thanks and let me know!
Old 07-28-2011, 05:15 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Outtacontrol58
Question for those who have both this truck and a sc10 2wd, Can I run the same wheels on both trucks if i convert the sc10 over to 12mm hexes or are they totally different offsets?? Thanks and let me know!
if you use the proline inboard 12mm hub conversion and their 12mm hexes on the rear, it's offset is basically the same as the losi (zero offset) so you can use losi wheels on it. i plan on doing this very soon with my SC10.
Old 07-28-2011, 05:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Are the stock sway bars 1.8mm or 2.0mm?
Old 07-28-2011, 05:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 92 (98%+)

Thanks RC PHREAK!
Old 07-28-2011, 06:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stompy
Thought I would share this. AE shock boots, perfect fit and made of a much stronger material.
Junk!! my buddy took his off because they bunch up and you lose travel....there is nothing perfect about the AE shocks, they're trash.......lol AE guy's will agree 100%
Old 07-28-2011, 06:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (96%+)

Originally Posted by kerby
Junk!! my buddy took his off because they bunch up and you lose travel....there is nothing perfect about the AE shocks, they're trash.......lol AE guy's will agree 100%
NOT! I had a SC10 4x4. Sold it and I am waiting for my Losi to come. I never had bunching up of the shock boots. He must have put the rubber washer inside the bottom of the boot. If you do that it will bind up. If you dont they flex perfectly.
Old 07-28-2011, 07:00 PM
Tech Adept

they don't bunch up.....they actually work really well, and that includes the shocls themselves
Old 07-28-2011, 07:08 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Ridley
Thanks for your input, but we've heard from factory guys before about how things "held up great" "worked fine" had no "issues" ect, and then the regular populace found otherwise in short order IMHO, a product isn't "proven" until normal Joes have had it in their hands for awhile and tested the product and found it to be a benefit. Guys on the factory payroll tend to "exaggerate" from time to time to generate sales, lol
I know I'm bringing up old ish but I have to say that without a doubt Casey is one of the nicest people to grace this hobby. I am lucky to have a good friend like him. He would never "exaggerate" his opinion to sell parts. Thats just insulting. He is a great resource of information. He was instrumental in the design of this truck from day one and has a lot of time vested in it. Thats why his truck is on the box. His opinions are given honestly and to think otherwise would make that person a tool. That's just my two cents
Old 07-28-2011, 07:21 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hacker07
I think what you may be feeling actually has to do with the metal inserts that go into the plastic diff case. See, when most of us put a diff together, we put the sun gear in the larger portion, then we cram the pins with blocks and spider gears in and then oil and then the last sun gear and screw the diff together. This pushes everything to one side and then when you go to move the outdrive, what you are actually moving is that metal insert and only one side moves because those metal blocks that the diff pins ride in hold the spider gears all to the one side. I have started when I get a new diff case, to glue those metal inserts in and this has served to keep things free and operating properly. I tried getting them to bond the two but they cant.
so when dat happens will it leak ?
Old 07-28-2011, 07:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcracenut
NOT! I had a SC10 4x4. Sold it and I am waiting for my Losi to come. I never had bunching up of the shock boots. He must have put the rubber washer inside the bottom of the boot. If you do that it will bind up. If you dont they flex perfectly.
Whatever, maybe you didn't pay attention but they do bunch up. The boot compresses on itself, has to go somewhere. Trust me the shock travel is much better without them....I love all the know it all's on this thread....it's amazing. Just like all the whining about poor quality and what not. I changed the diff pins and I was off. I must have recieved a special edition model because I haven't broke 1 part since it's release.....I'd bet money that alot of the broken parts are related to poor driving skills or beginners.
Old 07-28-2011, 07:37 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Outtacontrol58
i took the stock losi wheels/eclipse tires off my SCTE, put hexes from the front of a 4wd Slash on my rear SC10 pins, and it came out perfect. the eclipse tires are a lot like calibers, they work pretty well on loose surfaces.
Old 07-28-2011, 07:46 PM
Tech Addict

Whatever, maybe you didn't pay attention but they do bunch up. The boot compresses on itself, has to go somewhere. Trust me the shock travel is much better without them....I love all the know it all's on this thread....it's amazing. Just like all the whining about poor quality and what not. I changed the diff pins and I was off. I must have recieved a special edition model because I haven't broke 1 part since it's release.....I'd bet money that alot of the broken parts are related to poor driving skills or beginners.
I agree with you the AE shocks were junk from what I got out of them the short time I had the truck. If other people had better luck than me with the AE shocks thats great but for me personally I did not like them.
Old 07-28-2011, 07:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

-Ryan Dunford, are there any plans to release a aluminum top plate? The plastic plate the front brace connects to is pretty thin. I bought a losi aluminum front brace when I got the BCE chassis and when I was putting it on I was thinking wow this will really help! Lol! Whats the point mounting it to .125 thick really flexible plastic. Could also be the reason the stock chassis is bending. I never had a problem with the stock chassis, and sometimes I wonder if the truck actually drove a little better with it, the flex the stock chassis had helped me a little on some areas on a smooth indoor clay.
Thank You
Old 07-28-2011, 07:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 121 (100%+)

I believe stock is 2.0 front and 1.8 rear.

Originally Posted by CHIZZLE
Are the stock sway bars 1.8mm or 2.0mm?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.