Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree7Likes

Hot Bodies TCXX

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2012, 12:52 PM
Tech Initiate

Thanks David. I used the plastic bumper brace instead of the graphite because using just those shims still left a gap when using the graphite one. I'm assuming you have some left over shims to fill that gap with when using the graphite brace?
Old 11-24-2012, 01:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Shameless plug here. I can't post links because we have not yet become a forum sponsor, however, we are waiting for a response on our inquiry as to how to proceed.

We have started fully supporting the TCXX at our shop. The remaining parts for the TCXX should be in stock by the end of the week, however we have a ton of items in stock as well. If you guys need anything for it, part ideas or requests, let me know and we will look into it. Our plan is to start making a few products for the TCXX, namely spool cups and DCJ's.
Old 11-24-2012, 05:18 PM
Tech Initiate

Another noob question. Is what comes with the kit as far as steering servo components all I need? Someone at the track suggested I get a servo saver, but isn't what comes with the kit a servo saver?
Old 11-24-2012, 06:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

If you can call it that - the supplied servo saver is quite 'savey' :-) Others have replaced theirs with the Tamiya servo saver + the 3 racing horn. I've done something similar, and the Tamiya version works *much* better.
Old 11-24-2012, 11:54 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Dog Bone
If you can call it that - the supplied servo saver is quite 'savey' :-) Others have replaced theirs with the Tamiya servo saver + the 3 racing horn. I've done something similar, and the Tamiya version works *much* better.
Thank you for the advice Dogbone. So the stock servo saver isn't good? If so, could you provide the specific servo saver / horn (the exact part number) that most people are using? I have a Savox 4096 digitial servo, if that matters.
Old 11-25-2012, 11:20 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Yukie
Thank you for the advice Dogbone. So the stock servo saver isn't good? If so, could you provide the specific servo saver / horn (the exact part number) that most people are using? I have a Savox 4096 digitial servo, if that matters.
Look one page back.
Old 11-25-2012, 01:56 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by outtafocus
Look one page back.
Oops sorry didn't see that. Thank you.
Old 11-25-2012, 09:23 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Hi all,

Is anyone having problems with getting the right rear end to the correct degrees?

I'm using the standard setup R/F 0 Degrees and R/R 3 Degrees but when I put it on my setup station left side is 3 Deg and Right is 2 Deg? I have swap everything over and always the same results.. I even put a rear 0 deg pivot block and the left side was 0 but the right was out by 1 deg again?

Any ideas?

thanks for your time.
Old 11-26-2012, 05:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I haven't had any issues - I did measure the backend, and L/R were both 3deg.

Is it possible your setup station is off?
Old 11-26-2012, 12:06 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Dog Bone
I haven't had any issues - I did measure the backend, and L/R were both 3deg.

Is it possible your setup station is off?
-

Nah you can see the the difference from left and right... you can just see it's out.
Old 11-26-2012, 02:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Texco
-

Nah you can see the the difference from left and right... you can just see it's out.
Its your hubs, HB had this issue with the cyclone through to the TCX. Alloy hubs is a fix or try another set of hubs.

It doesn't effect the car as much as you would think
Old 11-26-2012, 02:55 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

yep, hubs. i put the aluminum ones on and the reading is dead on 3 on a hudy setup station.
Old 11-26-2012, 03:29 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by kid TT-01
Its your hubs, HB had this issue with the cyclone through to the TCX. Alloy hubs is a fix or try another set of hubs.

Alex, why are you here??? Thinking about the change

Re: toe reading. I noticed something similar when I was playing with different toe blocks. In the end I didn't worry about it becuase I have one of the new HUDY toe guages, I borrow one of the old etched guages from a friend and It was perfect. seems they don't all read exactly the same.
Old 11-26-2012, 03:32 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by outtafocus
Look one page back.
If you aren't driving on boarded tracks, using a servo horn is usually safe enough. It also guarantees there's no moment in the "saver" and generally is a little more responsive.
Old 11-26-2012, 08:12 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by kid TT-01

Thanks mate it worked! Changed different brand uprights and now everything is equal..

Shame on HB! Hahaha

Thanks for the ppl who replied.

Todd

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.