Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Associated 1/8 scale Truggy Info and Tips

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2009, 03:08 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

shane i got to run this weekend thanks again. i tried a new set up and loved it. my turn in was so sweet and have not done the steering mod yet. the rear was real loose for the set up and going back to 7k for the rear diff. truck handled like i expected and the track was blown out from three inches of rain two days before but still had goobs of power. in the second qual i took a nasty ride over the triple which sent me end over end for half the track gratefully ripping the left rear shock apart and with no other parts available i through a rc8 buggy shock and kept running to take 2nd overall.

thanks for the info and the help you guys always give
Old 11-02-2009, 06:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

hey guys what brake setups are you running? it seems like my trucks isnt stoping as good as it should...
Old 11-02-2009, 08:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

The punisher body is nice, but the proline one looks alot better. To bad they are all illegal next year in all ROAR events.
Old 11-02-2009, 08:10 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default Bulldog

No kidding why it doesn't look scale enough or is it a dimension thing. Mark,
Old 11-02-2009, 08:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bigedmond
The punisher body is nice, but the proline one looks alot better. To bad they are all illegal next year in all ROAR events.
I think it's silly for ROAR to make rules based on the looks of a body
Old 11-02-2009, 09:13 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Hey guys,
I'm a long time reader of this thread but a new member, and i just wanted to say thanks for posting all this great info over the years.

Here is my dilemma: I'm trying to set up my truck using the Maifields setup sheet from X-Fest dated 9/6/09

I might be the only one but I'm having a really hard time following this thing.
1st. I'm not sure where the kickup bushing is? when i look at the manual all the plastic bushings with dots on them are called hinge pin bushings. So, is kickup bushing the one in the front of the upper control arm? And if it says 3up for example (like it does on the set up) what do you put on the back side of the upper control arm 1dot?
same question for the hinge pin bushing on the set up sheet? it says 2up...

2nd. Where is the "C" hole on the optional rear hubs? if you follow the pictures on the setup sheet and the order of the letters it would make sense that it would be the most outer hole, but i read on one of the threads that it is the most inner hole?

I feel like a dumb ass asking these questions, but I have been struggling with this for quite some time now. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 11-02-2009, 10:22 PM
Tech Regular

Norbert: You are reading it correctly! The dots refer to the angle levels of kick up(down or up). You are right in assuming a 1 dot in the rear of the upper control arm.

The new hole in the opt. hubs is the "C" hole and is the inside hole. The reason for the out of order markings is that they(Team AE) added a new hole to the inside where as the other two have established already as A and B( and are outside in comparison). Didn't want to rename the holes on the setup sheets with what would be a "correct" order as to eliminate any old or new versions of a setup sheet. Make sense?

It's late and I'm being wordy here....but keep the questions coming. We'll help you out.
Old 11-02-2009, 10:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Norbert50p
Hey guys,
I'm a long time reader of this thread but a new member, and i just wanted to say thanks for posting all this great info over the years.

Here is my dilemma: I'm trying to set up my truck using the Maifields setup sheet from X-Fest dated 9/6/09

I might be the only one but I'm having a really hard time following this thing.
1st. I'm not sure where the kickup bushing is? when i look at the manual all the plastic bushings with dots on them are called hinge pin bushings. So, is kickup bushing the one in the front of the upper control arm? And if it says 3up for example (like it does on the set up) what do you put on the back side of the upper control arm 1dot?
same question for the hinge pin bushing on the set up sheet? it says 2up...

2nd. Where is the "C" hole on the optional rear hubs? if you follow the pictures on the setup sheet and the order of the letters it would make sense that it would be the most outer hole, but i read on one of the threads that it is the most inner hole?

I feel like a dumb ass asking these questions, but I have been struggling with this for quite some time now. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Don't feel like a dumbass, I was the same when I first bought mine

The kickup bushing is the one on the front of the lower front A-arm, right behind the bumper. The hinge pin bushing is the one in front of the upper front arm, and the rear bushing should be one dot less than the front ( 2 dots up in front=1 dot in the rear ).

The hubs they're referring to have an additional upper hole ( 3 holes instead of 2 ) Position C would be the hole closest to the chassis, giving you the shortest rear upper camber link. Hope this gets you rolling
Old 11-03-2009, 02:58 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Yeah dont feel that way norbert, those are great question and the guys on here are very helpful with questions. a lot of great info through the thread and even more by asking. good luck with the setup
Old 11-03-2009, 05:28 AM
Tech Elite

any brake setups guys?
Old 11-03-2009, 05:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rider313
any brake setups guys?
There is no brake setup, just run the stock ones. Sand them down after 3 runs and clean them up with nitro or brake cleaner. When they get dirty or oiled up that's when they go away really fast. Also make sure your center diff is not leaking too.
Old 11-03-2009, 09:18 AM
Tech Elite

oh ok, i will try that once i get home. Thanks.
Old 11-03-2009, 01:25 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NitroFreakManHo
Don't feel like a dumbass, I was the same when I first bought mine

The kickup bushing is the one on the front of the lower front A-arm, right behind the bumper. The hinge pin bushing is the one in front of the upper front arm, and the rear bushing should be one dot less than the front ( 2 dots up in front=1 dot in the rear ).

The hubs they're referring to have an additional upper hole ( 3 holes instead of 2 ) Position C would be the hole closest to the chassis, giving you the shortest rear upper camber link. Hope this gets you rolling
Ok, thanks …
So, the setup is calling for kickup bushing 3up, and I have a KingHead b-plate with no adjustments. Is the RC8B b-plate adjustable?
Hinge pin bushing is 2up, and from what you are saying the rear bushing should be 1.
Have any of you guys run this set up? (X-Fest 9/6/09) I’m pretty good sportsman driver looking for that little extra to move up to the expert. Over time I think I adjusted my driving style to the way the truck is, but whenever I let some of the expert guys drive my truck they all claim it still pushes.
Also do you guys use the narrow hubs? I been running the wide ones in the rear and narrow in the front… any thoughts?
Old 11-03-2009, 05:10 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Norbert50p
Ok, thanks …
So, the setup is calling for kickup bushing 3up, and I have a KingHead b-plate with no adjustments. Is the RC8B b-plate adjustable?
Hinge pin bushing is 2up, and from what you are saying the rear bushing should be 1.
Have any of you guys run this set up? (X-Fest 9/6/09) I’m pretty good sportsman driver looking for that little extra to move up to the expert. Over time I think I adjusted my driving style to the way the truck is, but whenever I let some of the expert guys drive my truck they all claim it still pushes.
Also do you guys use the narrow hubs? I been running the wide ones in the rear and narrow in the front… any thoughts?
Have you done the steering mod? that would help with the push.
Old 11-03-2009, 08:12 PM
Tech Regular

The narrow hubs are a huge improvment. The push will be gone.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.