Search
Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2011, 11:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cult Racing
I just want to know, but who has already ordered the BCE chassis?
I was thinking about ordering one since I'll be taking my truck apart to redo ALL the diffs soon. Did you order one? When are they shipping? BTW, when is Rage going to be at Hot Rod?
Old 06-22-2011, 12:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ScottKelly911
I was thinking about ordering one since I'll be taking my truck apart to redo ALL the diffs soon. Did you order one? When are they shipping? BTW, when is Rage going to be at Hot Rod?
ya i already did, i think i was the first one too lol. Ill pm you on it and the rage thing im sure salad knows.
Old 06-22-2011, 12:33 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hacker07
There was a running change to the front diff case to fit the bumper for the scte. So, if you get the old one, you can just dremel the case, if you get the updated one, you are good to go.
the diff case was definitely the culprit. after my primitive dremel skills, this is what i came up with:

bolted up ok and while it's not 100% flush, it's pretty dang close. close enough for me anyway. thanks ryan.
Old 06-22-2011, 12:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I ordered one too. I think he said they won't ship until the 27th or maybe that was Chris....for the ti hinge pins. I can't wait to get it on my truck, doesn't really need it but I always go all out on my cars/trucks! it's what I do! I got silver springs and all the carbon, ect...ect....
Old 06-22-2011, 12:36 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Jstall7543
I ordered one too. I think he said they won't ship until the 27th or maybe that was Chris....for the ti hinge pins. I can't wait to get it on my truck, doesn't really need it but I always go all out on my cars/trucks! it's what I do! I got silver springs and all the carbon, ect...ect....
haha, i like to go all out too. This hobby is very addicting lol, makes me want to delete all my rc accounts so idk about anything new coming out lol.
Old 06-22-2011, 01:02 AM
Tech Elite

That's not a bad idea! I still have the sc104x4 on back order at tower lol, just to save $50 on it! I'm not sure I even want it after driving the losi! It's funny because I wanted the sc10 more and now I don't care! On Sunday I'll see if I can hang with my buddies sc10 then I'll decide!
Old 06-22-2011, 01:03 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SaladFork
If you want to pull something out of the box, drop it on the track and win races the Losi is by far the best choice. If you like to tinker, work on setups and wrench get the AE 4wd.
-Thanks that's a really helpful review. I have been running my SCTE, but have a NIB sc10 4x4 that I've been itching to build. I think I'll stick with the Losi after reading what you said as it really has been fun to drive so far.

Also, I notice some CA guys on here. I just moved to Orange County and went out last weekend to OCRC (really fun track and great people). If any other SCTE owners hitting tracks around here let me know as I'd love to come out and run with you guys.
Old 06-22-2011, 01:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by soccerlaw
-Thanks that's a really helpful review. I have been running my SCTE, but have a NIB sc10 4x4 that I've been itching to build. I think I'll stick with the Losi after reading what you said as it really has been fun to drive so far.

Also, I notice some CA guys on here. I just moved to Orange County and went out last weekend to OCRC (really fun track and great people). If any other SCTE owners hitting tracks around here let me know as I'd love to come out and run with you guys.
I'm at OCRC pretty much ever Saturday and Sunday, I'm sure you saw me, here's a pic of my truck. Did I race against you in Pro 4? BTW welcome, good to have another SCTE around. BTW, OCRC's usually much busier than it was this weekend. The JBRL series was going on on Saturday which took a lot of people away from the track, normally on a Saturday, we'll have about 8 races there. Right now, there's also a points series going on at West Coast on Saturdays, so a lot of our regulars have been there on Saturdays for the last few and next few weeks. I love OCRC, but we're really lucky to have 2 world class indoor facilities near each other. So what did your truck look like, maybe i'll remember seeing it.

Old 06-22-2011, 01:12 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RC*PHREAK
the diff case was definitely the culprit. after my primitive dremel skills, this is what i came up with:

bolted up ok and while it's not 100% flush, it's pretty dang close. close enough for me anyway. thanks ryan.
Those uneven droop screws probably aren't helping with mounting it up either!
Old 06-22-2011, 01:22 AM
Tech Master

Ill be at WCRC thursday and friday which is like tops 20min away from OCRC. Hit me up ill be practicing alot my truck looks like this:

Old 06-22-2011, 01:24 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by ScottKelly911
I'm at OCRC pretty much ever Saturday and Sunday, I'm sure you saw me, here's a pic of my truck. Did I race against you in Pro 4? BTW welcome, good to have another SCTE around. BTW, OCRC's usually much busier than it was this weekend. The JBRL series was going on on Saturday which took a lot of people away from the track, normally on a Saturday, we'll have about 8 races there. Right now, there's also a points series going on at West Coast on Saturdays, so a lot of our regulars have been there on Saturdays for the last few and next few weeks. I love OCRC, but we're really lucky to have 2 world class indoor facilities near each other. So what did your truck look like, maybe i'll remember seeing it.
No, having never driven a short course before and not driven anything in a long time, I was in the rookie class. Ended up finishing 2nd and 1st in my last two mains though so might try and get better with you guys in pro 4 next time. Mine was the blue/purple SCTE. I definitely remember seeing your car. I have to miss this weekend as parents are coming in town to visit but definitely planning on being there next Weds and Fri. Really like the track.
Old 06-22-2011, 01:28 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jstall7543
Those uneven droop screws probably aren't helping with mounting it up either!
you know what's funny? knowing this is the internet and people love to make smartass comments about things in pictures that aren't the focus or point of the picture, i saw the droop screws and knew someone would say something. as it turns out, i run full droop so neither of them hit the chassis thus having nothing to do with the bumper mounting issues. thanks though...
Old 06-22-2011, 01:31 AM
Tech Regular

Ill be at WCRC thursday and friday which is like tops 20min away from OCRC. Hit me up ill be practicing alot my truck looks like this:
Nice! I'm out of commission this week as have the parents coming in town to visit, but I'll definitely hit you up next week. Would love to try that place out next week if you're going. I'm also hoping to check out Pegasus for that JBRL race too. Love having so many sick tracks so close. Back on the East Coast I had to drive an 1 1/2hrs just to find any track.
Old 06-22-2011, 01:34 AM
Tech Master

Nice! I'm out of commission this week as have the parents coming in town to visit, but I'll definitely hit you up next week. Would love to try that place out next week if you're going. I'm also hoping to check out Pegasus for that JBRL race too. Love having so many sick tracks so close. Back on the East Coast I had to drive an 1 1/2hrs just to find any track.
I wish i could go next week as i live down here in San Diego, but Danny the owner is a great guy to chill and talk to, im sure you would have a good time.
Old 06-22-2011, 01:43 AM
Tech Regular

I wish i could go next week as i live down here in San Diego, but Danny the owner is a great guy to chill and talk to, im sure you would have a good time.
-That sucks. I live about 20mins south of OCRC so maybe I'll come down and check out SDRC at some point. Only looks about 1hr away and definitely want to get down to San Diego at some point to visit some friends down there anyway so hopefully I'll get to run into you at some point.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.