Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 06-23-2011, 08:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nazman01
my diff screws where stripped before a wrench ever touched them.... either way who cares, trucks amazing
Mine were too...kid in china must had a bad day.
Old 06-23-2011, 08:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ChrisAttebery
5,7,3 very similar conditions
+1
Using it on large outdoors and smaller outdoors.
Old 06-23-2011, 08:53 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KingdomRacer
+1
Using it on large outdoors and smaller outdoors.
I'm running 5-5-3. I used to run 7 in the center but when all the diff issues popped up I went down to 5. What type of changes will this make if I go up in the center? Sorry I'm still figuring out diff tuning.
Old 06-23-2011, 08:57 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I don't have my MMP on my SCTE as I am going to get my SCTE tomorrow. On my SC10 it performs flawless.

I have been reading about the problems people are reporting and hope that I do not have the issue with the SCTE and the MMP.

Should I go ahead and pick up a BEC tomorrow or what other alternatives are there? Would rather just go ahead and get what I need tomorrow when I pick up the truck from the LHS.

Also, What would be a good Steering Servo that won't break the bank that I can get at my LHS?
Old 06-23-2011, 08:58 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by LRPO
I'm running 5-5-3. I used to run 7 in the center but when all the diff issues popped up I went down to 5. What type of changes will this make if I go up in the center? Sorry I'm still figuring out diff tuning.
It's my understanding that the higher you go in the center transfers more power to the front wheels. I believe if you have the book on the truck it explains how fluid changes effect the way the truck drives.
Old 06-23-2011, 08:58 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Kass
I know some guys are running the 8ight shocks on this truck.

What springs work best for yo0u?

What oil do you like for outdoor?

What pistons are goood?

And what shock locations you dudes using?

Thanks
I ran the silver 40w/green 27.5w until I got my carbon chassis now I'm running red 35w/silver 25
LOSI oil

Originally Posted by Losi57
MMP is a p.o.s.Ive had one for a week and a half along with 2 of my buddys and nothing but problems.Even with an external bec.Thing has a mind of its own.We have tried everything beleive me.
I'm not going to say you aren't having probs but I will say that if you came to my track I would have you up and running with that MMP because I run 3-5 of them on a weekly basis and never have probs.
But I too had probs when I was a newb
Old 06-23-2011, 09:04 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by LRPO
The thicker CD oil gives me more steering on power and can give you that faster acceleration which could be a benefit in jumps without a lot of run up.
I did the OFNA fix so I'm not worried about my diffs.
Old 06-23-2011, 09:41 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Buzz3
It's my understanding that the higher you go in the center transfers more power to the front wheels. I believe if you have the book on the truck it explains how fluid changes effect the way the truck drives.
Thicker center diff fluid transfers more power to the rear wheels, which brings more on power steering.
Old 06-23-2011, 09:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Buzz3
It's the opposite. The thicker the center diff fluid, the more power gets transferred to the rear, which makes it turn, or get looser, under power. Thinner fluid lets the diff work more, letting the front tires spin faster than the rear, increasing stability. Thin is usually easier to drive, thicker is generally faster if you ccan drive it, and still get enough steering.

Thicker center fluid: reduces off power steering, increases on power steering, increases acceleration, makes the car not track so straight on a rough track.

Thinner center fluid: Increases off power steering, decreases on power steering, decreases acceleration, tracks straighter on a rough track.
Old 06-23-2011, 09:46 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by twigman08
Thicker center diff fluid transfers more power to the rear wheels, which brings more on power steering.
Correct me if I am wrong but putting heavier fluid in the center diff will basically make it "lock" more.
Old 06-23-2011, 10:18 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by twigman08
Originally Posted by Ridley
It's the opposite. The thicker the center diff fluid, the more power gets transferred to the rear, which makes it turn, or get looser, under power. Thinner fluid lets the diff work more, letting the front tires spin faster than the rear, increasing stability. Thin is usually easier to drive, thicker is generally faster if you ccan drive it, and still get enough steering.

Thicker center fluid: reduces off power steering, increases on power steering, increases acceleration, makes the car not track so straight on a rough track.

Thinner center fluid: Increases off power steering, decreases on power steering, decreases acceleration, tracks straighter on a rough track.
Thanks guys. I always confuse that. 3-3-2 is in it now and it does push on power which is funny because I was wanting just the opposite. DOH!!!
Old 06-23-2011, 10:31 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Yes the 3 in the center will push on but give offpower steering. 5-5-3 might be more to your liking. Diffs are dependent on traction and power.
Old 06-23-2011, 10:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by suby723
5.7 w/o the body isnt hard to accomplish at all.. Im at 5.5 w/o and I still can shave a lot more weight.
really???? is this without wheels? im asking because eight-e and others including myself have done quiet a bit of lightweight and as you can see by the pics we are at 6 to 6.1lbs. i know i can still remove another 120-150 grams, but i dont feel like swaping my mmm for the mmp, t-bone front bumper, receiver box and my lipos are 35 grams heavier than most out there.
Originally Posted by KingdomRacer
I'm not going to say you aren't having probs but I will say that if you came to my track I would have you up and running with that MMP because I run 3-5 of them on a weekly basis and never have probs.
But I too had probs when I was a newb
Old 06-23-2011, 10:48 PM
Tech Addict

Tested some viper motors and esc settings today. If any of you guys need some help with our products let me know. I posted some settings in the viper thread. The viper 4.5 is an outdoor beast.
Old 06-23-2011, 10:49 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Casper
Yes the 3 in the center will push on but give offpower steering. 5-5-3 might be more to your liking. Diffs are dependent on traction and power.
The real problem is finding a style that suits me. Then again, setting it up for off power steering and then going on power through the corners doesn't help much. I will adjust my driving this weekend and then make a decision. I think driving this setup correctly will be what I need but time will tell. Thank you guys for helping me see this...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.