Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 07-07-2011, 09:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Asharus
The track where the nationals are being held by me says they run city blocks or enduros up there. What compounds do you guys normally start with? Normally I run the softest compound (Green JC Barcodes for indoor clay and Green JC Goosebumps for outdoor dirt). I see AKA runs soft or super soft enduros/city blocks.
Supersoft for under 65 temps.. anything over that soft is best iMO. At least for the tracks I run at med and hard are out of the question.

Enduro's are the way to go..
Old 07-07-2011, 09:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Thanks guys, the track is definitely gonna be over 65F in August. Soft Enduros may be the tire choice.
Old 07-07-2011, 09:22 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lowroad
I usre do like the look of those gladiators. The stock eclipses are givng me NO issues at the moment, but I have a set of enurdos all mounted up at the ready in case I enounter some softer track conditions. In fact, the more the eclipses wear, the better I like em. We are a hard pack outdoor track.
the stock eclipses are awesome tires too dont get me wrong, and they absolutly get better the more you run them and even better if you spray them down with simple green and leave them in a ziploc overnite. I just wanted a second set of tire and at our track we have always run 2.2 gladiators on our slashe when they first came out. So i had to try them and im glad i did!!

Nice, I have some squeaking in my steering linkage somewhere, I'm gonna try some there. I have some wrenching to do tonight, gotta put in the hinge pin holders, outdrives, new springs/oil for the shocks, and HPI wheel hexes. From the looks of it, it shouldn't take too long. The wife is gonna get angry later when she sees 2 boxes from amain at the door. She says a box arrives every day since I started this hobby 2 months ago. She doesn't know I have a 3rd vehicle yet

The Losi chassis looks promising, I hope the street price ends up being a little cheaper than the suggested $125ish right now though.
They tend to get a little peeved when the boxes show up EVERYDAY, I have all my big boxes sent to my work now just to avoid the dirty looks

Originally Posted by Marco926
may i know which is the long rear chassis brace ???
is it directly bolt on without any modification ???
it's super nice~~~
It is a rear Chasis brace from a Mugen MBX5T prospec pt# muge0140. and it does not fit without mods. you will have to drill a hole in the bottom of the chasis and countersink it. and the part that goes into the rear diff has to be dremeled down a little bit.

Originally Posted by ChrisAttebery
Omenwolf,

Thanks for posting this. It's always good to get feedback on my products. I tore my diffs down last week for the first time in months. Mine looked the same, but the sun gear shims were almost worn through. I put my hardened shim in and I should be good to go until the end of the season.

Chris
Its super easy to recomend GREAT products from GREAT people who step up and do things like you do for this hobby. So THANK YOU my friend if it wasnt for your pins i wouldnt be smokin the sc10's and jammins!!!!!!!
Old 07-07-2011, 09:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by omenwolf
the stock eclipses are awesome tires too dont get me wrong, and they absolutly get better the more you run them and even better if you spray them down with simple green and leave them in a ziploc overnite. I just wanted a second set of tire and at our track we have always run 2.2 gladiators on our slashe when they first came out. So i had to try them and im glad i did!!
agreed!

Its super easy to recomend GREAT products from GREAT people who step up and do things like you do for this hobby. So THANK YOU my friend if it wasnt for your pins i wouldnt be smokin the sc10's and jammins!!!!!!!
Totally agree x1000 Attebery is the king.
Old 07-07-2011, 09:29 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)

thing about chris is, you guys only know him from ordering from him or his posts. when you meet him in person, he is the nicest guy you'll ever meet. his son is also a very polite, well behaved kid (getting to be a pretty decent driver too). all of the accolades he receives for his pins and diff stuff are well deserved.
Old 07-07-2011, 09:31 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Nice, I have some squeaking in my steering linkage somewhere, I'm gonna try some there. I have some wrenching to do tonight, gotta put in the hinge pin holders, outdrives, new springs/oil for the shocks, and HPI wheel hexes. From the looks of it, it shouldn't take too long. The wife is gonna get angry later when she sees 2 boxes from amain at the door. She says a box arrives every day since I started this hobby 2 months ago. She doesn't know I have a 3rd vehicle yet

The Losi chassis looks promising, I hope the street price ends up being a little cheaper than the suggested $125ish right now though.
I know how you feel. My wife always has something to say when package is delivered. She didn't have anything to say when I got her a ipad 2. That thing cost nearly $1000. She will still get upset when a small package comes in. But I can live with a little nagging for this hobby !!!!!!!
Old 07-07-2011, 09:51 AM
Tech Adept

How are the Tbone bumpers for racing?
Old 07-07-2011, 09:58 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by shawn00sa
Some like them, but I wont race with anything that sits lower than chassis, they are like chassis guards w/ a bumper. Thing is more times than not the guard or bumper in this case hit the face of bumps and jumps and make the vehicle behave in a much less predictable manner.. at times even causing wrecks. I stopped using those things ages ago.

RPM or anyone.. you don't even need to make a full bumper ho up.. just start selling that one xross brace where the screws snap through the material in the middle, the rest of the bumper system is pretty sound.
Old 07-07-2011, 10:05 AM
Tech Master

All silicone diff fluid no grease. Im running a little heavier than most racers. 5000 F, 7500 C, 1500 R. I like a heavier center fluid so i have better off the line acceleration and so my front tires dont wear out 5 times faster than the rears.

Edit i forgot to mention that when i take my stuff apart all the parts are completly cleaned and dried and sprayed down with Cowrc Mooslick and let sit to dry before reinstalled.
I also use CowRC MooSlick, that stuff is awesome!!!!
Old 07-07-2011, 10:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by godofcable
yea definitely the diff gears....

anyone have that email addy handy? i'm assuming its a bunch of pages back and i cant find it at the moment (without knowing the OP)
Here ya go
[email protected]
Old 07-07-2011, 10:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by shawn00sa
I just installed the Ten-t rear...haven't raced yet. Will know more this weekend. I will say, it sure is small doesn't even extend beyond stock body. Hope it works.
Old 07-07-2011, 10:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by larlev
I just installed the Ten-t rear...haven't raced yet. Will know more this weekend. I will say, it sure is small doesn't even extend beyond stock body. Hope it works.
of course it works. they work GREAT.
Old 07-07-2011, 10:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ScottKelly911
thanks...email sent.

Come on RR make these gears! Make the gears! Make the gears! Make the gears! Make the gears!
Old 07-07-2011, 10:36 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by godofcable
thanks...email sent.

Come on RR make these gears! Make the gears! Make the gears! Make the gears! Make the gears!
I sent an email as well.. I'd most likely get some for security, but I have to be honest.. my original set is still fine. The only thing that wore on any of mine was the washer behind the sun gear. My guess this was mostly do to how loose some of the outdrives are, the extra wiggle really breaks down the material over time. As I've noted before, I ran chris pins from day one.
Old 07-07-2011, 10:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

They tend to get a little peeved when the boxes show up EVERYDAY, I have all my big boxes sent to my work now just to avoid the dirty looks
ROFL. I'm glad I'm not alone. Good call on sending the boxes to work! I might have to start doing that. Then again the only reason so much stuff comes via online now is due to my local track/hobby shop being closed. Hopefully they will be reopening under new ownership in a few weeks.

Originally Posted by A929ryda
I know how you feel. My wife always has something to say when package is delivered. She didn't have anything to say when I got her a ipad 2. That thing cost nearly $1000. She will still get upset when a small package comes in. But I can live with a little nagging for this hobby !!!!!!!
It's a good thing that I'm the one that handles the bills, she would go ABSOLUTELY NUTS if she ever finds out how much this hobby has cost me so far.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.