Search
Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2011, 07:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 8ight-e
Nice to see it worked out for you, I'm sure other bashers will appreciate the info. My guess to why you had no reply is that not many people are interested due to most race a tracks and this would be illegal at nearly every track. Even the most lenient tracks w/ rules will make you run SC wheels/tires.
Good thing I am the president of the local track and I allow it We have the biggest shortcourse class in Louisiana and the other La. tracks adopt our rules so they don't rule us out of going to their tracks. If I go to a track out of state I just swap axles and I have a set of Hotbodies Megagrids to bolt right up.
Old 03-27-2011, 07:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BDRMBULLY
so are they the 810 hubs? i managed to find a set on line. they're on the way. i converted my slash and have a few sets of 1/8th scale tire i wanna run on a track i go to that has sct open class. do they rub on the body alot? get the wing mount n tail with the 810 body and your good to race two classes lol

thanks
Yes those are the 810 hubs and axles. Havent run it yet but it doesnt look like the tires are gonna rub. I used to run adapters on my hyper and had a problem breaking axles. This is gonnna be a dream because i cant see how the axles could possibly break now.
Old 03-27-2011, 07:59 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by TommyBoy84
Where can i get some of the hardened diff pins at? My truck is suppose to be here next week and would like to install them while removing the grease and adding my fluid. I don't care what the price is.
It's odd that you have read enough to know there's a problem but missed the fix. Your best bet is to contact Chris Attebery (sp) on here as he's making and selling them or get the deminsions and goto a local machine shop and have them made. The dimensions have been posted but I don't know them offhand. Good luck.
Old 03-27-2011, 08:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 140 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chiro972
Doesn't work on a Mac with Safari. Submit by Email button does nothing and if I try to save the file after I fill it out it only saves the empty template.
I saved the file on my desktop and then was able to fill out in adobe. When you hit send by email it brings up mail or entourage to mail it.

Running a Macbook pro.
Old 03-27-2011, 08:03 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by alvinsmith75
Yes those are the 810 hubs and axles. Havent run it yet but it doesnt look like the tires are gonna rub. I used to run adapters on my hyper and had a problem breaking axles. This is gonnna be a dream because i cant see how the axles could possibly break now.
If you used the stock 810 axles & hexes then your car will be too wide for ROAR and probably the body. I used the Ten-T axle stubs and the 810 hexes(modifided). To use the 810 hexes on the Ten-T stubs you have to shave the flange off the back of the hexes till its only about .5mm. Then they will mount correctly and be the proper width to fit the wheels under the body.
Old 03-27-2011, 08:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

i just put the mamba max pro system in my truck and now i'm looking for the right battery. i'm goin to run 2s, so what battery size would be the way to go. what's the minimum c rating? also when losi gets the pin issue taken care of will we be able to get them for free and how will we know when and how?
Old 03-27-2011, 08:33 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

The thing that irritates me about this whole diff pin deal is that i was promised interim pins in a few days and permenant pims in a week or two. I haventseen a thing in two weeks. I passed on Chris's pins because i trusted Horizon was telling the truth. I am not upset but its ridiculous they lied to buy themselves time. Now i missed out on the first several shipments. Screw Horizon, im going to buy Chris' pins...
Old 03-27-2011, 08:54 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Let's change the subject Here's some shots I took of my SCTE. First the dirty pics

Now some clean pics. The white body is my practice/race body. The blue body is my "show" body lol.

With DE Wheels:

Old 03-27-2011, 08:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kerby
1/8 scale tire don't belong on an SC 1/10th truck.
i dont see what the big deal is, theyre not that much bigger. whoopee-doo. not too many roar rules tracks around any ways. how often do people that have 1-1 scale with wheels over the fenders ever get tickets LMAO!!
Old 03-27-2011, 08:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

Originally Posted by skyler hays
are yall talking about the 4 pole motor with the 1/8"th shaft? why you not staying with the 8th scale motor?

thanks.
Yea the 4 pole 550 motor.
I have my Mamba Monster Timing set to highest, Geared at 20pinion, And my temps stay below 140. The ESC stays at 80ish Degrees in 70 degree weather. Pretty Built proof system.

I purchased my MMM separately from the motor. So i haven't tried the 1/8th motor in it. Only reason is because i want to stay and 2s. The 1/8th motors do better with 3s+

I out preform buggies at my local track with this set up.
Old 03-27-2011, 09:03 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by flysullivan
The thing that irritates me about this whole diff pin deal is that i was promised interim pins in a few days and permenant pims in a week or two. I haventseen a thing in two weeks. I passed on Chris's pins because i trusted Horizon was telling the truth. I am not upset but its ridiculous they lied to buy themselves time. Now i missed out on the first several shipments. Screw Horizon, im going to buy Chris' pins...
+1 me too, they told me i would have them last week , so i called horizon yesterday and they said now it would be the end of next week -they hope- before they would have them in and start shipping the next week

thank goodness we got chris
Old 03-27-2011, 09:44 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pballer2777
I just purchased the castle Mamba max pro combo for my truck and I'm having a hard time figuring out where to mount the on/off switch. Can someone with this system please post a pic of theirs to help me out.
I placed my MMP back as far tward the rear shock tower as I could on the tray.. I placed the switch between the esc and battery box. I always angle mine in a 30 degree angle so the switch doesn't run totally straight front to back. This helps to not throw the swich on hard hits from the front or rear.. I just servo tape it to the esc mounting area.

Originally Posted by SCTRacerX
So does anyone know know what the extra lexan pieces are for that come with the body? I know the square ones go right behind the cab but what are those triangle ones for? Also did I lose the screws for the body fins or did the truck not come with them to mount the fins on the body? Or can someone tell me what they used to mount them.

Yea, those baffeled me as well.. They are just reinforcement peices to place on the back side of the body where the numberplates go.
Old 03-27-2011, 10:19 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pballer2777
I just purchased the castle Mamba max pro combo for my truck and I'm having a hard time figuring out where to mount the on/off switch. Can someone with this system please post a pic of theirs to help me out.
use the Snappy Rc mount
Old 03-27-2011, 11:46 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Buzz3
It's odd that you have read enough to know there's a problem but missed the fix. Your best bet is to contact Chris Attebery (sp) on here as he's making and selling them or get the deminsions and goto a local machine shop and have them made. The dimensions have been posted but I don't know them offhand. Good luck.
Yeah i read the dimensions and wrote them down but I don't have the tools to accurately make them. I saw where people got the "Chris Attebery" pins but didn't know exactly how to purchase them. and as far as it being odd that I missed the fix...u try reading through 331 pages in 1 night.
Old 03-27-2011, 12:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TommyBoy84
Yeah i read the dimensions and wrote them down but I don't have the tools to accurately make them. I saw where people got the "Chris Attebery" pins but didn't know exactly how to purchase them. and as far as it being odd that I missed the fix...u try reading through 331 pages in 1 night.
go to page 1

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.